Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sonic Divide

Go down 
+6
Fundy
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Timshell64
Redeemed Fool
Dynamis
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Sonic Divide Empty
PostSubject: Sonic Divide   Sonic Divide I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 3:06 pm

I was recently contacted by a new melodic hard rock band from Australia by name of Sonic Divide.  Musically, they bring a joining of AOR, melodic rock and hard rock mixed with mid-register vocals and some of the best vocal melodies I have heard in some time.  From a lyrical standpoint they are not a Christian band but all six members are committed Christians (or more specifically "Christians creating music").

Samples available at the groups website: http://www.sonicdivide.net/

Here is a YouTube video of the groups song "So In Love": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-8E9mHxDy0

The group also recently signed a distribution deal with Nightmare Records:
http://nightmarerecords.com/online-store/sonic-divide-sonic-divide

All in all, I see Sonic Divide making my top 15 for 2013.

Last edited by Dynamis on Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

Sonic Divide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Divide   Sonic Divide I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 3:37 pm

Wow, I like that. I've been listening to a lot of later Kansas and this fits into that along with Giant. I have a soft spot for arena rock.
Back to top Go down
Timshell64

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Sonic Divide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Divide   Sonic Divide I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 6:01 pm

Thank you very much Dynamis. I immediately picked that up.

Good Stuff
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Sonic Divide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Divide   Sonic Divide I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 6:38 pm

Oh man that sounds fantastic....looks like a "must buy" for me!

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Sonic Divide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Divide   Sonic Divide I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 10:19 pm

Sounds pretty good.  I'd like to read some of the lyrics if at all possible before purchasing this.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Sonic Divide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Divide   Sonic Divide I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 3:02 am

Sounds really good.  Thanks for the tip.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3876

Sonic Divide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Divide   Sonic Divide I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 11:38 am

Dynamis wrote:
From a lyrical standpoint they are not a Christian band but all six members are committed Christians (or more specifically "Christians creating music").
What are you really trying to say by this?

Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Sonic Divide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Divide   Sonic Divide I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 6:49 pm

Quote :
I'd like to read some of the lyrics if at all possible before purchasing this.

Quote :
What are you really trying to say by this?

Specifically, the Sonic Divide lyrics are clean, positive and Christian friendly.  If you like groups such as Line of Fire, AdrianGale and Action then I can see you liking Sonic Divide as well (both musically and lyrically).  Again, Sonic Divide are not a Christian band but each of its members is a believer.  So instead of describing "Sonic Divide" as a Christian album it is an album by a group of Christians instead.  Hopefully this better clarifies the point.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
topshot rhit

Sonic Divide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Divide   Sonic Divide I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 8:15 pm

So you rarely hear their faith come out is what it boils down to?

Andyman

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2014-01-08

Sonic Divide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Divide   Sonic Divide I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 8:41 am

G'day guys – Andy, keyboardist from Sonic Divide here!

Firstly may I say cheers to Dynamis for giving us a bit of a plug and also to all the positive feedback on our music - we appreciate it so much!

I just wanted to also tell you a bit about how Sonic Divide kicked off a few years back - we got our start when Wayne (Vocals) saw Glenn (lead guitar) playing in church one day and got together with him after the service to see if a couple of musically inclined blokes having just scaled the summit of 40 years old might be keen to rekindle their musical passions by jamming together. Glenn was real keen and Wayne contacted me to see if I was keen (Wayne and I had played in a hard rock ministry band called Spirit Groove in the mid 90s where I was the bassist). I jumped at the opportunity, particularly when Wayne mentioned that the band was going to serve a dual purpose – old mates jamming together to spark up our musical passions again as well as to be a group of mates who could support one another spiritually and practically in our roles as men, husbands and fathers. Sort of a mini ‘Promise Keepers’ if you like! So that was the reason we came together in the first place – to jam together and to support one another spiritually and practically. As such, we have a real tight bond that I think a lot of bands probably don’t have – we are brothers in the faith as well as in our music.

With Sonic Divide, we decided from the get go to not make this another ‘Christian band’ as such but rather take our God-given talents and musical abilities and just create the best music we could – sort of adopt the whole Bob Briner ‘Roaring Lambs’ type approach to our music. And the doors that have been opening have blown us away. We mention in our album credits that we “give thanks to God, the Creator of all things, for illuminating our paths”. God is VERY much a part of who we as individuals are and consequently who Sonic Divide is, and will continue to be so into the future... 

Here are the lyrics to our track ‘The Healing’ on our album to give you a bit of an idea: 

Locked inside my room
No one comes inside
A presence drawing nearer   
Is there someone at my side?

All the forces of creation       
Invisible to see
Just a veil I know does separate        
This entity from me

I was praying for a healing   
For a feeling deep inside
Looking for a miracle                       
For the waters to subside

And I felt the Spirit rising      
Like a gushing from within
He said take the Healing       
And the Healing shall begin

I could not break the circle
Sin and guilt entwined
I’d never know the difference
Life had left me blind

But a change in my direction
Brought me to the truth
Rejecting all my disbelief       
That had robbed me of my youth

Face to face with freedom
I began to understand
Embrace the Healing
And feel the healing hand

Hope that clarifies things somewhat and cheers again everyone for the support!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Sonic Divide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Divide   Sonic Divide I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 8:56 am

You are welcome to CHM Andy.
Good to have you here.
Thanks for posting the lyrics.
We hope you keep us posted about Sonic Divide.
Back to top Go down
Andyman

Sonic Divide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Divide   Sonic Divide I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 9:02 am

Will do mate, for sure!
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Sonic Divide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Divide   Sonic Divide I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 10:17 am

Welcome, Andy!

I'd be fine if all the lyrics are similar in nature to that. Are they posted online anywhere?

Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

Sonic Divide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Divide   Sonic Divide I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:08 pm

Woo
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Sonic Divide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Divide   Sonic Divide I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:11 pm

Welcome to CHM Andy, thanks for coming by and telling us the story of your band!

Timshell64

Sonic Divide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Divide   Sonic Divide I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:30 pm

Thanks Andy,
I really appreciate you sharing with us. I listen to the samples you have online and the song healing was the one that stood out to me. I ordered your cd already.
Stick around and fellowship with us.
God Bless

Tim
Back to top Go down
Andyman

Sonic Divide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Divide   Sonic Divide I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 4:49 am

Cheers for the positive feedback guys! Tim, a lot of people are saying that 'The Healing' resonates with them and for that we feel truly blessed. The song was written in the early 90s by a good mate of the band (Mark Czora), who was the lead guitarist at the time in a band called Covenant (you can check them out on Encyclopedia Metallum – I am too new here to post a link it seems!) that Wayne was fronting at the time. When Sonic Divide began writing for our album, Wayne felt strongly that The Healing needed to be professionally recorded (as it was never recorded by Covenant back in the day) as it was such a powerful song both lyrically and musically. Mark was more than happy for us to rework the song as a Sonic Divide tune and just quietly, its probably also my favourite song on the album too! The Healing is probably the most direct reference to our faith as individuals as far as our songs are concerned, with the majority of the songs reflecting our own life experiences of fun times as well as the struggles that we all face as humans on a regular basis and of course the hope of a better future.

The lyrics are not online anywhere as yet but in the lead up to the album's release we posted weekly updates on Facebook on each song with a bit of info from each song's individual writer as to the lyrical inspiration of each song so I thought I would post that here for you all to check out!

So In Love - Lyrically, it is about the point in a relationship where familiarity breeds contempt. Lines from the chorus : "We're so in love, we're fighting.. we're so in time, we're falling apart" are contradictions that describe the challenges of a long term relationship.

Driven - The inspiration comes from a frustration in knowing the words, reading all the self-help books but our battles are all so different in their levels of difficulty. The first line in the 2nd verse "The face in the mirror, still so exotic" encapsulates the overall dilemma a person goes through when struggling to overcome personal weaknesses. "Driven that Line" confronts the very fact that we keep falling back to the same habits (or line)

I Wonder - This is about my (Glenn’s) own experience in getting caught up so much with going through the motions of life that you forget to pay attention along the way.

When The Morning Comes - When the Morning Comes is the realisation and appreciation of the support those closest to us offer in our darkest hour. We all have our issues and some of us choose to deal with these by isolating ourselves from those who are the most important to us. For those of us fortunate enough to have that special somebody, when the morning comes, they are still right there beside us.

Too Much - Lyrically, Too Much is probably the prequel to When the Morning Comes. I find that when dealing with certain issues in life, the easy option is to become detached and then when you finally take a peek at what’s really happening, it can be too much to deal with, yet sometimes the picture is at its clearest when you are on the brink of being overwhelmed by it...

Shattered Fortress - The lyric speaks about the facades we all wear as we go about our day to day and how fragile these are when times get tough. Some of us wear these like a fortress to keep others from getting too close to us. I suppose the song is trying to say something like no matter what sort of image we wish to portray, we are much better off being real and sharing ourselves rather than building walls...

Stepping Stone - The lyric for this song is from the perspective of a person who has been in a committed relationship and has been taking everything at face value. Then comes the realisation that things were not all as they seemed and that the relationship was nothing more than one stage in the other person’s bigger picture. This other person had other plans and executed them with selfish ambition, ultimately destroying the relationship itself...

The Healing - (From Mark Czora, writer of the song and great friend of the band) The Healing is a very strong part of me still. I was in my room with the guitar when I started playing a riff and words started to come to me. Goosebumps went up my spine cause I knew that what I was writing was truly inspired by something beyond myself. It still gives me goosebumps because nothing else came close to that level of inspiration. When I wrote about a presence coming nearer, He really did!"

Horizon - This is a goal setting song, probably an anthem for Sonic Divide. The horizon as we see it, is only the edge of the world from any given perspective, yet beyond that, there is more. The song speaks about staying focussed and taking the journey in manageable steps rather than looking at the mountain ahead and trying to attack it in one go. This plays on the destiny aspect that is so synonymous with most written lyric in the mainstream.

Hope you find that of interest guys and cheers again for all of your support!

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Sonic Divide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Divide   Sonic Divide I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 8:23 am

Thanks for the info.

Timshell64

Timshell64

Sonic Divide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Divide   Sonic Divide I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 8:56 am

Thanks for sharing brother I greatly appreciate it. Now I am just waiting on the mail lol.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Andyman

Sonic Divide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Divide   Sonic Divide I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 9:00 am

Let us know what you think when you have had a chance to listen to it mate! Did you order it through Nightmare?
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Sonic Divide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Divide   Sonic Divide I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 9:04 am

Nice to read the lyrics Andy.
Back to top Go down
Andyman

Sonic Divide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Divide   Sonic Divide I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 9:09 am

No worries mate! We'll try to get the full album lyrics online somewhere in the near future Smile Man I need to go to bed - just after 12:30am Friday morning here in Adelaide now! Speak to you all again soon and thanks again for the warm welcome and feedback - greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Sonic Divide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Divide   Sonic Divide I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 3:41 pm

Just downloaded the album from Amazon, and gave it a full listen. Fantastic music, keep up the great work guys.
 Thumbs Up 

Sonic Divide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Divide   Sonic Divide I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 7:05 am

Thanks again man - glad you are digging it!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483

Sonic Divide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Divide   Sonic Divide I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 5:11 pm

I might wait until after payday before getting the download for this.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

Sonic Divide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Divide   Sonic Divide I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sonic Divide
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next