Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The PET Thread

Go down 
+6
Redeemed Fool
kerrick
rockerVu2
Staybrite
Through The Dark Radio
Guilty/Forgiven
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9945
Registration date : 2007-05-18

The PET Thread Empty
PostSubject: The PET Thread   The PET Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 12:00 pm

So we discussed pets a little but in the Random Thoughts thread (because Vonnie's pet had to have surgery)... I thought it'd be cool to have an entire thread dedicated to our little pets that make our lives more fun. Show pictures, tell stories, talk about pets that are no longer with us and the difficulties of losing those pets, whatever you want to talk about !

I'll start by just copying my other post which would be a good opener for this thread:

I used to be the kind who could not understand how anyone could get so attached to a pet - to love their pet as one of their own kids, posting pix all the time and taking the pet places and showing pictures to people (like they care about your pet or something)..... UNTIL I got our Boston Terrier/Poodle mix named Violet... and my heart melted, then later came our handsome Chihuahua named Finn - 
Now I have hundreds of pictures of them and miss them when I'm gone for a while, I play with them all the time and am very protective of them - I would be devastated if something happened to either of them............... how does this happen ????? Is it an old-person thing ? I don't get how a person can LOVE their pet as much as their own kids ! But alas, here I am, a miniature dog lover. They have SO much personality and make us laugh, they're VERY affectionate and want to be near us, cuddling with us on the couch, following me wherever I go, when we get home from work they're jumping with excitement and are so happy to see us.  They are the best.

The PET Thread Love_m10
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

The PET Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PET Thread   The PET Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 12:18 pm

Here's a few more to get a feel of their personality:

Again, very affectionate - can't lay down without them climbing on you or like Finn when he rests his head on your face:
The PET Thread Copy_f10

This is my sweetheart Violet - how could you NOT love a face like that ??

The PET Thread Copy_m10

Whenever we have popcorn or anything else that smells good, there they are - they patiently wait for a small morsel of anything we're willing to spare... How can you resist giving them a little treat though ?? I mean, look at those faces !

The PET Thread Copy_w10
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

The PET Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PET Thread   The PET Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 12:23 pm

And yes, Violet has an underbite... the best picture of her underbite was when my daughter took a picture of her boyfriend imitating her underbite:

The PET Thread Underb10
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

The PET Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PET Thread   The PET Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 12:34 pm

Cute dogs ya got there.  Unfortunately, they aren't as cute as my dogs - Sofie (a white German Shepherd/Chow mix) and Catfish Charlie (a schnauzer/Welsh terrier mix).  I'll post some pictures later.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

The PET Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PET Thread   The PET Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 12:54 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Cute dogs ya got there.  Unfortunately, they aren't as cute as my dogs - Sofie (a white German Shepherd/Chow mix) and Catfish Charlie (a schnauzer/Welsh terrier mix).  I'll post some pictures later.

This is one of those pictures required threads!

The PET Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PET Thread   The PET Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 3:59 pm

I'm not sure how to post a pic on this board but I'll try to post a selfie of me and my dog Cookie. My dog is a Heinz 57 Mutt! No seriously she's a lab terrier mix. She's got black fur and white on her belly. She's my buddy! When I come home she always greets me at the door. She's always following me around the house. When I'm outside cooking veggie burgers on the grill she has to be out there with me. However she gets real mad if I give my wife or kids a hug. If Cookie could speak she'd say "Behold, I'm a jealous dog!" We got her back in 08 as a pup. Been thru the whole potty training and chewing phases. She's just like one of the kids. Part of the family!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

The PET Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PET Thread   The PET Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 4:55 pm

My long eared pet doesn't looks so good right now after the surgery.
To be honest it looks terrible, but it will be better after some days.
I only hope the collar he's wearing so he can't get out the stiches can be moved very soon.
For him and for me it's a disaster.
Hope he's starting to drink and eat tomorrow better.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3496
Registration date : 2013-07-17

The PET Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PET Thread   The PET Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 7:02 pm

Aww this makes me miss my cat...   Sad  He was great.  I'll post pictures of him later when I'm at home!
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

The PET Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PET Thread   The PET Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 7:40 pm

The PET Thread Img_1810
This is Max. He's a Maine Coon and weighs 16lbs.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

The PET Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PET Thread   The PET Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 8:56 pm

whooo ! 16 pounds ! Little sumo wrestler kitty eh ? Too cute.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

The PET Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PET Thread   The PET Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 10:14 pm

All we have at the time is my baby Callie.  Callie is a 12 year old Tuxedo cat.  We brought her home when she was 4 weeks old and I had to bottle feed her and her sister Toby (died 6 years ago from a uterine infection).   Callie wakes me up in the morning and tucks me in at night.  She is very loving towards me and my wife, but not many other people.  She has only come out from hiding when visitors came over for two or three people.  She's just "daddy's baby".

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
kerrick

kerrick

The PET Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PET Thread   The PET Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 12:21 am

Here's a picture of my cat I had growing up.  He was such a punk and total goof but super sweet and friendly.  Oh I miss him!

The PET Thread Cimg1510
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

The PET Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PET Thread   The PET Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 12:22 am

And here's another one of him!

The PET Thread Img_7810
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

The PET Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PET Thread   The PET Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 8:55 am

Facebook friends of mine (most of you) can see this video of my 3 cats:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=677922498906347
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

The PET Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PET Thread   The PET Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 9:02 am

Kerrick, nice pics from your cat.
Pets are cool and ohhh how much you miss them when the passed away.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

The PET Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PET Thread   The PET Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 10:00 am

Yeh Kerrick, man that first pic is so cool - he's so REGAL looking. Looks like he had some attitude for sure !
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

The PET Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PET Thread   The PET Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 10:06 am

We also have 2 cats. I didn't mention them cuz they're technically my daughter's cats we are just housing until she moves out. But they are beginning to grow on me. When our last cat died about 3 years ago, I said I'll never have a cat again. The heartbreak of losing a pet is too much.. that's when my wife said she wanted a small dog - I was like "oy vey here we go..."
But fast forward some and here I am loving these 2 dogs and now loving my daughter's 2 cats.
The dynamic of these 2 cats dwelling with our dogs is a crack up - the chihuahua is deathly afraid of the cats even though they've never hurt him. The cats just want to snuggle with the dogs - it's so weird. Seems to be working ok though.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

The PET Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PET Thread   The PET Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 12:52 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Yeh Kerrick, man that first pic is so cool - he's so REGAL looking. Looks like he had some attitude for sure !

Thanks!  Ha, he'd like you to THINK he was so regal and cool but in reality he was a total goof.  He'd spook over some little noise and run across the driveway, turn around and see that it was nothing, then try to play it off like he meant to do that or something.  He would crack us up that way.  Also, he'd always like to hang out near my dad and I out in the garden or wherever but you'd try to pick him up and he'd scamper off just out of reach.  But if you were quick enough, you'd grab him and he'd start purring immediately.  My mom never really liked cats until we got him and then she just fell in love.  I'd love to get another cat though the place I'm renting won't allow it and I'm like NEVER home anyways so it wouldn't be fair to it.  Some day though...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

The PET Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PET Thread   The PET Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 2:05 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
The PET Thread Img_1810
This is Max. He's a Maine Coon and weighs 16lbs.

16 lbs is almost small for a Main Coon, I've seen them in the low 20's before (great looking cats too). It's like owning your own bobcat!

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

The PET Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PET Thread   The PET Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 3:32 pm

I like Maine Coons, too. Very Happy

kerrick wrote:
He was such a punk and total goof but super sweet and friendly.
Sounds like a description of me. O.o Probably because you call me a punk and a goof sometimes. haha
Back to top Go down
Mac

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

The PET Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PET Thread   The PET Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 3:37 pm

My cat Ozzy earned his name because he's constantly hunting birds outside. He then brings them home either dead or wounded and drops them on our back porch. He thinks he's bringing us gifts. Otherwise he keeps to himself. Doesn't like being picked up or care for being pet. But our dog Cookie is just the opposite. She'll jump up in your lap. She'll lick you to death if you don't push her down. And she is extremely jealous!
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

The PET Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PET Thread   The PET Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 5:59 pm

xenonlion wrote:

kerrick wrote:
Sounds like a description of me. O.o Probably because you call me a punk and a goof sometimes. haha

Ha!  Well "punk" and "goof" are terms of endearment from me.   Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

The PET Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PET Thread   The PET Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 3:33 pm

kerrick wrote:
xenonlion wrote:

kerrick wrote:

Ha!  Well "punk" and "goof" are terms of endearment from me.   Very Happy
"Human friend" is definitely a term of endearment from me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The PET Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PET Thread   The PET Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The PET Thread
Page 1 of 1