Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8

Go down 
+7
Guilty/Forgiven
kerrick
alldatndensum
Redeemed Fool
Mac
Driven
Staybrite
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8 Empty
PostSubject: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 4:46 pm

Yep it's that time again. Time for you to ponder over a really dumb question and weigh in with your answer.

This week.....If you had to give yourself a new name what would it be. Since everyone doesn't know everyone else's first name maybe we should share that too.

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 5:13 pm

By "name" I suppose you mean first name?

I don't know, I've never really thought about it. I've always wanted to be something that doesn't have an accent in it, because it's really annoying to have to specify that I have an acute accent on the e (my first name is André). Maybe I'd be Louis, as an homage to the inventor of the Renault cars (my last name is Renault). Razz
Back to top Go down
Mac

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 5:24 pm

I think most of you know I'm Mackenzie. Sometimes I wonder why my parents Al & Jacqueline didn't give me a more common name like Susan or Elizabeth or Michelle. But I kind of like having a unique name. It's funny because when my mom was pregnant with me and my older brother Jesse they never found out our individual sexes until after we were born. Therefore they decided to pick names that would work either way. Pretty clever eh? But to answer the question I like the name Sarah! And yes I prefer the spelling of Sarah over Sara!
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 5:48 pm

My name is Brent which sounds like a grunt and gets called Brett, Brad and Grant. My middle name is Eric and if I could, i'd go by that.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 5:50 pm

I also go by Inigo Montoya when I go to restaurants and have to give a name.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 6:02 pm

You killed my father!!!  lol! 

As far as first names go, I think I will keep mine.  I go by Chris but it is short for Christopher.  I am named after a great uncle.  Since my name means "Christ bearer", I kinda like it the way it is.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 6:15 pm

Well, my name is Kerrick, as y'all know. Cool  I'm with Mackenzie on that one: I like having a unique name. Though I think I don't pronounce the R's in my name well sometimes so on occasion people will think I say my name is "Cake." That's annoying. It does get somewhat tiresome always having to repeat or spell my name whenever I meet people. But when someone gets it the first time, I'm always impressed! I dunno, I think I'll stick with what I've got. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 7:06 pm

I guess my name is kind of boring.. I used to go by the name Bob but I decided to change my name to Rob during my senior year of high school. This girl I dated at the time used to call me Rob and I decided I liked Rob better that Bob. After all Rabid Bob just doesn't have the same ring to it!
Back to top Go down
Mac

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 9:35 pm

Rabid Rob wrote:
I guess my name is kind of boring.. I used to go by the name Bob but I decided to change my name to Rob during my senior year of high school. This girl I dated at the time used to call me Rob and I decided I liked Rob better that Bob. After all Rabid Bob just doesn't have the same ring to it!

Oh really now?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 10:10 pm

My actual name is James. Never liked it, so since I have one of those names that can be changed to a totally different one (Jimmy or Jim), I went with Jim.
And... since I have a hearing problem, I apparently say my name to people in such a way that they end up calling me Jeff, John, Tim, Jack, and one patient called me Greg once.... no idea where that one came from.

I would not desire to be called any of the preceding save for Jim.

My middle name is Scott. I think it would be different and interesting to be called Scott, but not for long. Reminds me of Scott Farkas from A Christmas Story (he had yellow eyes ! So help me God, yellow eyes !)

I always thought the name Liam was pretty cool. If I had to pick another name, it'd be Liam. Reason: I like getting new CDs, and they come in the mail... and mail spelled backwards is Liam. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 11:00 pm

I will call you Jimbob. Bouncing smiley
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 12:14 am

Rolling Eyes Laughing 

When I was a kid, I had many plays on my name. Jimbob was a big one. Also Jimbo.

Last name is Willis. In high school my best friend began calling me Willis James cuz he said I have either 2 first names, or 2 last names.
Course the worse one that I've heard a zillion times is "Whatchoo talkin bout Willis" ? People say that to me upon learning my last name as if it's the first time I've heard someone link Gary Coleman's saying to my last name. Tiresome, but I'm always a good sport and smile and chuckle - heh heh.  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 9:49 am

My given name is Joshua, which is what I prefer, but most of my friends call me Josh. If I could choose a different name... I think I'd go with either Jehoshaphat, Nebuchednezzar or Japhath... You know what? I'll stick with Joshua.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 10:01 am

My name is Yvonne.
I've never thought I would have an other name than this one.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 3:01 pm

My first name is Gary, and I have to confess I hate it. For some reason Hollywood doesn't think too highly of it either. When ever there is a character named Gary in a movie or t.v. show he is either a nerd, a jerk, a dweeb, or a scum-bag (don't believe me...just watch and you'll see). Last night we were watching that movie Jack Reacher and they had a tire salesmen that was a total dork and the character's name was "Gary". I also got to suffer endless "Gary, Gary the Hairy Fairy" tauntings in school as well.

If I had to change my name I would probably go with something short and simple (an aspect I do like about my name). I kind of like Jack or maybe Kurt.

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 4:19 pm

My first name is Jeffery . . . and yes, it's J-e-f-f-E-R-Y and not J-e-f-f-R-E-Y Razz

Most people call me Jeff, which is OK by me.  And I like my name just the same . . . that is until I have to go undercover again Cool
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 12:22 am

I've never disliked my name, and probably wouldn't change it, although I would change the spelling.

My dad's name is Billie ... yes, with an IE rather than a Y.  I don't know what was up with my grandparents, giving him a woman's spelling for his name, but he apparently felt it necessary to carry on the tradition by naming me Barrie ... yes, with an IE rather than a Y. Naturally my name is forever getting misspelled, but that is only half the insult! 

Many people don't realize that for the most part we read by pattern matching; that is to say, when you read the word "the" you don't see T-H-E, you see THE, because that is what you were taught to see when you were in grade school. Because of that, many people see Barrie as Barbie (thank you very much Mattel toy company), especially if it's in all caps: BARRIE/BARBIE. As a result I get a lot of mail and phone calls for some lady named Barbie that doesn't live here! LOL!  It was really bad when I worked P/T at Walmart because of my name tag; I actually had some doofus ask me once if my name was really Barbie! Grrrr!! Fight 

So, while I don't mind the name Barrie (never mind the Barry Manilow and Barry White jokes), I've always wished it was spelled the correct way: Barry.

And now that you know my name you know half the reason for my login, BearDad. My friends call me bear, and my kids call me dad, so I'm BearDad. Smile

Oh, and to be fair I should also mention that my sister Kellie has gotten a lot of grief for the spelling of her name as well. I, however, was wise enough to end the tradition and not spell my daughter Courtney's name with an IE!

Check out this site concerning reading scrambled text: http://www.positscience.com/brain-resources/brain-teasers/scrambled-text
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 12:58 am

BearDad wrote:
...when you read the word "the" you don't see T-H-E, you see THE, because that is what you were taught to see when you were in grade school...
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 4:40 am

Kinda goofy the way people mistake names or don't pay attention to spellings and stuff.

And Gary... I've always thought of you as a cool pet snail who lives in a pineapple under the sea. (sorry, trying to bring some cheer to your name.... a bit... some ?  ok, nevermind.) But I do know 2 great Garys- 1 is a very cool tire salesman here in town. And the other one is a very cool dude on CHM I've known for a zillion years.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 8:50 am

BearDad wrote:
I've never disliked my name, and probably wouldn't change it, although I would change the spelling.

My dad's name is Billie ... yes, with an IE rather than a Y.  I don't know what was up with my grandparents, giving him a woman's spelling for his name, but he apparently felt it necessary to carry on the tradition by naming me Barrie ... yes, with an IE rather than a Y. Naturally my name is forever getting misspelled, but that is only half the insult! 

Many people don't realize that for the most part we read by pattern matching; that is to say, when you read the word "the" you don't see T-H-E, you see THE, because that is what you were taught to see when you were in grade school. Because of that, many people see Barrie as Barbie (thank you very much Mattel toy company), especially if it's in all caps: BARRIE/BARBIE. As a result I get a lot of mail and phone calls for some lady named Barbie that doesn't live here! LOL!  It was really bad when I worked P/T at Walmart because of my name tag; I actually had some doofus ask me once if my name was really Barbie! Grrrr!! Fight 

So, while I don't mind the name Barrie (never mind the Barry Manilow and Barry White jokes), I've always wished it was spelled the correct way: Barry.

And now that you know my name you know half the reason for my login, BearDad. My friends call me bear, and my kids call me dad, so I'm BearDad. Smile

Oh, and to be fair I should also mention that my sister Kellie has gotten a lot of grief for the spelling of her name as well. I, however, was wise enough to end the tradition and not spell my daughter Courtney's name with an IE!

Check out this site concerning reading scrambled text: http://www.positscience.com/brain-resources/brain-teasers/scrambled-text
Barrie is a fairly big city in my province, so it's nothing new to me.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 12:52 pm

So like Barbie Manilow?
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 1:05 pm

lol! Stupid 
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 1:17 pm

This thread made me think of this.

http://www.anyclip.com/movies/mystery-men/kiss-waitress/
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 2:38 pm

BearDad wrote:

When ever I see your screen name I'm reminded that for several years the twin girls that lived next door to us would call me Gar-bear. Certainly a lot better than some of the names people called me.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 2:45 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

And Gary... I've always thought of you as a cool pet snail who lives in a pineapple under the sea. (sorry, trying to bring some cheer to your name.... a bit... some ?  ok, nevermind.) But I do know 2 great Garys- 1 is a very cool tire salesman here in town. And the other one is a very cool dude on CHM I've known for a zillion years.
For many many years it has kind of been a family joke that whenever my wife or kids would see a character named "Gary" in a tv show or movie they would go out of their way to point it out to me.  It was always a dweeb or villian or jerk/idiot....until my oldest boy showed me Gary the snail in Spongebob (many many years ago).  I actually think that Gary the Snail is the best use of my name on the small screen I have ever seen.  I would much rather be identified with Gary the Snail than any of the other characters on that show.
Very Happy 

It's funny because most of the real-life Garys I have met seem to be rather decent people.  I also rather admire a few of the actors who's real name is Gary (Gary Sinise & Gary Oldman).  But then there is always the exception to the rule. The the Green River Killer (a serial killer that plagued my part of Washington for several decades) is Gary Ridgway.

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #8
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next