Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stryper Second Coming

Go down 
+6
Follower of Jesus
ChosenOne
BearDad
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
ishmael81
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Stryper Second Coming Empty
PostSubject: Stryper Second Coming   Stryper Second Coming I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 12:59 pm

Is this worth getting? More specifically, if you can only afford 1 to 2 cd's a month, is it worth it? Or should I just get the mp3 downloads. I know people have talked about how "bad" their early stuff sounds but what I have sounds great.  (Soldiers, To Hell and IGWT).

ThoughtS?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9959
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Second Coming   Stryper Second Coming I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 1:19 pm

meh. I'm middle of the road on them. Got them all, but don't hear a HUGE difference between them. I think the more the fan you are, the more you should snag everything they release... but if you just like the songs and already have them... don't waste your money - go buy the 1 song: Blackened.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Second Coming   Stryper Second Coming I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 1:20 pm

Say, do you know what day their new album is being released ?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23449
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Second Coming   Stryper Second Coming I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 3:25 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
meh. I'm middle of the road on them. Got them all, but don't hear a HUGE difference between them. I think the more the fan you are, the more you should snag everything they release... but if you just like the songs and already have them... don't waste your money - go buy the 1 song: Blackened.
I completely agree.

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Second Coming   Stryper Second Coming I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 3:48 pm

Thanks. This is what I thought would be the response - to get the new songs.

I'm so limited on funds yet have so many discs I want, I hate to drop money for something that isn't much of an improvement.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Second Coming   Stryper Second Coming I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 5:21 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
11/5
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Second Coming   Stryper Second Coming I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 9:06 pm

BearDad wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
11/5
Thanks !!
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Second Coming   Stryper Second Coming I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 9:43 pm

If you have the originals then probably not. The 2 new songs on the album are worth getting. It does sound like it has a more beefed up sound. I got it because I am a Stryper fan and will pretty much get anything they release. Plus, I am pro-CD so for me that's the route to go. If your limited on funds then get the 2 new songs and save your money for the new one. Its got the potential to be the album of the year.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Second Coming   Stryper Second Coming I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 12:18 am

Quote :

Plus, I am pro-CD
Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Second Coming   Stryper Second Coming I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 9:56 am

Yeah, if it's a choice between Second Coming and No More Hell To Pay, wait and get the new one. But if you can afford it, Second Coming is terrific. A big improvement in sound. The other thing that I think is cool is that the re-recording makes all the classic songs sound consistent. The character of each of the early records is important, but putting my favorites together always sounded a bit strange because each album sounded so different. The new re-record makes them consistent and much more enjoyable to listen to.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23449
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Second Coming   Stryper Second Coming I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 12:25 pm

Good point.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23477
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Second Coming   Stryper Second Coming I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 3:08 pm

I also agree that having all the old songs with the same mix and master breathes a little new life into them.  However, I don't think that they are necessarily worth rebuying if you have the originals.  To be honest, I think a decent remaster would have worked.  I do understand why Stryper chose to do this re-record so that they could gain control over the future licensing of their music.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Second Coming   Stryper Second Coming I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 11:20 pm

The only songs on SC that are good to me are only the ones from off of TYABA. After those I just end up ejecting the disc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Second Coming   Stryper Second Coming I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 6:15 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:
Second Coming is terrific. A big improvement in sound. The other thing that I think is cool is that the re-recording makes all the classic songs sound consistent. The character of each of the early records is important, but putting my favorites together always sounded a bit strange because each album sounded so different. The new re-record makes them consistent and much more enjoyable to listen to.
Thumbs Up 

And the 2 new songs on it are incredible too

My ONLY complaint about Second Coming is that I think sometimes Robert gets carried away with the cymbals.  There are a couple of songs where I find them extremely annoying
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Second Coming   Stryper Second Coming I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 7:27 am

bought4life wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:
Second Coming is terrific. A big improvement in sound. The other thing that I think is cool is that the re-recording makes all the classic songs sound consistent. The character of each of the early records is important, but putting my favorites together always sounded a bit strange because each album sounded so different. The new re-record makes them consistent and much more enjoyable to listen to.
Thumbs Up 

And the 2 new songs on it are incredible too

My ONLY complaint about Second Coming is that I think sometimes Robert gets carried away with the cymbals.  There are a couple of songs where I find them extremely annoying
I found the same on the Titanic and Final Axe albums where he played drums.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Second Coming   Stryper Second Coming I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 8:44 am

Since I have all the old Stryper stuff I thought "No More Hell To Pay" is more interesting to buy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Second Coming   Stryper Second Coming I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper Second Coming
Page 1 of 1