Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Are we of the same mind?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Are we of the same mind? Empty
PostSubject: Are we of the same mind?   Are we of the same mind? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 6:45 pm

Ok, so a cd that I'm not proud to say is in my collection is Amy Grant's Lead Me On. I'm pretty much a sucker for a lot of the CCM/Rock of my youth and I remember listening to this album back in the day. Now, I know your probably thinking, "why is he posting an Amy Grant song on the CHM?'. Well, because I want to see how many of you think the same thing. After listening to this song I had a band immediately pop into my mind that this song could've been done by them and on one of their albums. It came to me almost right away and I'm curious if any of you think the same thing. No clues, just listen and you will go, hey this sounds like _______. Don't have to listen to the whole song but at least up thru the chorus. If no one guesses the group I am thinking of, I'll give a hint

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Are we of the same mind?   Are we of the same mind? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 6:49 pm

Probably not what you were thinking but I'm hearing a bit of an 80's White Heart vibe here.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Are we of the same mind?   Are we of the same mind? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 6:57 pm

I can hear the Whiteheart comparison.  I can also hear a Schlitt era Petra ballad.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Are we of the same mind?   Are we of the same mind? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 12:07 am

I'd say WhiteHeart too.

And bro, never be ashamed of our girl Amy. I'd shout it from the rooftops that I love Amy Grant and have most of her albums either on CD or LP.
Obviously if it was between playing an Amy album or WhiteHeart album, I'd be choosing the WhiteHeart first. But call it a guilty pleasure, I think Amy's awesome !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are we of the same mind?   Are we of the same mind? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 12:30 am

Well..not a Whiteheart fan at all so I can't comment on them...to me it sounds like all the rest of the 80s ccm bands though. If you wanna talk about a genre where everything sounds the same, it wasn't hair metal, it was 80s CCM.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Are we of the same mind?   Are we of the same mind? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 9:20 am

Hear a bit Whiteheart too.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Are we of the same mind?   Are we of the same mind? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 12:17 pm

Looks like I have successfully steered several opinions to White Heart!

Does that mean I win?lol! 

ChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Are we of the same mind?   Are we of the same mind? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 7:10 pm

WhiteHeart it is. Even thou my favorite CCM Rock album of all time Freedom was released the year after, I could totally hear this as a WH song and fit on that album nicely. If you try and take out Amy's voice and insert Rick Florians you got another WH classic. It just struck me when I heard this song. BTW, the album by Mrs. Grant isn't that bad.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Are we of the same mind?   Are we of the same mind? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 7:52 pm

Wow, that's rather impressive that we were all thinking the same thing. Was the song written by Mark Gersmehl or Billy Smiley (both main writers in White Heart)?

ChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Are we of the same mind?   Are we of the same mind? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 9:46 pm

No not at all. It just as a WH feel to it.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Are we of the same mind?   Are we of the same mind? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 10:30 am

That's what you get with people who are interested in the same bands.
Now, is Staybrite the winner now lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are we of the same mind?   Are we of the same mind? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 11:39 am

All the same mind? Hmmm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are we of the same mind?   Are we of the same mind? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are we of the same mind?
Page 1 of 1