Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Decyfer Down - Scarecrow.

Go down 
+5
topshot rhit
alldatndensum
kerrick
Readi_Sketti
rockerVu2
9 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Decyfer Down - Scarecrow. Empty
PostSubject: Decyfer Down - Scarecrow.   Decyfer Down - Scarecrow. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 9:45 am

"Scarcrow "is the newest album of Decyfer Down.

It's for sale online and in the stores.
Check it out.

Scarecrow

I think so it's better.

Last edited by rockerVu2 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Readi_Sketti

Readi_Sketti

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2012-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Decyfer Down - Scarecrow.   Decyfer Down - Scarecrow. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 10:27 am

Smile Not to be nit picky, but it is "Scarecrow" lol!
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Decyfer Down - Scarecrow.   Decyfer Down - Scarecrow. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 1:56 pm

Haha that reminds me of my high school Spanish class...  We were learning music terms or something and our teacher was asking what our favorite albums were and writing them up on the board.  She thought I said Iron Maiden's "Powersave" hahahaha...  (It's "Powerslave" if you're not familiar with the best band ever...)
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Decyfer Down - Scarecrow.   Decyfer Down - Scarecrow. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 7:00 pm

I bought this new album just yesterday!  Good stuff, but a bit different than their previous two albums.  This has a tad of a southern flare.  One thing I can say is that this band doesn't sound like Skillet/Red/We As Human/TFK/Disciple and a bunch of other modern rock bands.  This actually stands out just a bit as the vocals are different as are the guitar tones.  Good stuff!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Decyfer Down - Scarecrow.   Decyfer Down - Scarecrow. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 11:46 pm

How are the lyrics?

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465

PostSubject: Re: Decyfer Down - Scarecrow.   Decyfer Down - Scarecrow. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 8:54 am

While I can tell what they are singing about, this is still a bit more on the poetic side than straightforward.  If you get out your official JPM secret decoder ring, you won't see His name mentioned even once.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Decyfer Down - Scarecrow.   Decyfer Down - Scarecrow. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 9:03 am

Rats. Don't need to mention Jesus per se, but do want their faith to be "obvious" if you will.

rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Decyfer Down - Scarecrow.   Decyfer Down - Scarecrow. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 9:16 am

I like it when bands doesn't sound as ...
But have their own sound.
I like the previous two CDs of Decyfer Down.
I think I'm going to order "Scarecrow" too.
Back to top Go down
IM4given

IM4given

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2012-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Decyfer Down - Scarecrow.   Decyfer Down - Scarecrow. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 8:03 pm

I thought it has a 70s feel to it.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Decyfer Down - Scarecrow.   Decyfer Down - Scarecrow. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 8:49 pm

no mention of Jesus... oh well... not interested.

Last edited by unworthy on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Decyfer Down - Scarecrow.   Decyfer Down - Scarecrow. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:34 am

I'm interested to order "Scarecrow" too.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Decyfer Down - Scarecrow.   Decyfer Down - Scarecrow. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 11:51 am

I just listened to samples of this last night and I have to say I am rather impressed. I would have completely written off this band (along with Red, Thousand Foot Crutch...and several others) because I can only tolerate so much of the modern rock bands as they sound very formulaic and "cookie cutter" to me. But given Alldat's description I decided to give it a listen. I really dig what I hear and it certainly does stand as something more "original" sounding in the current modern rock soundscape.
I think I will have to pick this one up.

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Decyfer Down - Scarecrow.   Decyfer Down - Scarecrow. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 12:06 am

I'll be picking this up as soon as I return from vacation on Monday. Pretty much can't go wrong with Decyfer Down. BTW, if you want there faith to show or His name mentioned, just check out So In Love and all your questions will be answered. Around the 2:00 minute mark makes it pretty clear what this song and they are about/

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Decyfer Down - Scarecrow.   Decyfer Down - Scarecrow. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 10:22 pm

I'm not questioning their faith, just wish it was more obvious than a passing reference in a song is all.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Decyfer Down - Scarecrow.   Decyfer Down - Scarecrow. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Decyfer Down - Scarecrow.
Page 1 of 1