Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saw Apologetix last night!

Go down 
+3
mr.electric40
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
7 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Saw Apologetix last night! Empty
PostSubject: Saw Apologetix last night!   Saw Apologetix last night! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 9:32 am

Apologetix, that Christian parody band, was in Nashville last night at the Long Hollow Baptist Church.  I decided to go and ordered my ticket Thursday night.

The crowd was mostly an older crowd, so everyone stayed seated.  No annoying teenagers bouncing around the front blocking the view from my gold circle seat.  The band was tight and seemed to have a great time playing.  J Jackson is super funny between songs and uses a lot of well-timed puns.

The live sound is something I really have to give props to.  To be honest, I have only heard one other band live that had as crystal clear sound as they had--and that was another parody band.  Weird Al Yankovic's band sounded this clear with all instruments being heard as well.  Al's was probably better, but he can afford even better equipment.  Apologetix is right there with him, though.  You could hear every note of the guitar, bass, and keyboards.  The drums were loud but not overpowering like at so many rock concerts.  J's vocals were clear and he was definitely on pitch as were the backing vocals.

All in all, it was a fun show.  Many people there had not heard a lot of songs of Apologetix so they were laughing quite a bit during the show as you would expect from a parody band.  Although it was meant to be funny, J also got serious and preached for about 10 minutes near the end of the show and even gave his own testimony.  It was a great show!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Saw Apologetix last night!   Saw Apologetix last night! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 9:37 am

That's awesome.
How was it after a long time to feel the atmosphere of a band playing live?
What I like so much about Apologetix is that they make from secular songs Christian songs.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Saw Apologetix last night!   Saw Apologetix last night! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 1:26 pm

I wish your video's were a little clearer audio wise.... what I could make out was cool... and perhaps right side up!!  when I watched 'em on fb they were upside down... lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Saw Apologetix last night!   Saw Apologetix last night! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 8:28 pm

That's cool. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Saw Apologetix last night!   Saw Apologetix last night! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 10:15 pm

Yeah, my videos turned the wrong way when I sent them to FB.  I am going to run them through Windows Movie Maker and see if I can cut them where I need to and flip them over.

It was great to see a live show again.  I haven't been to a show since I saw Weird Al in 2011.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9945
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Saw Apologetix last night!   Saw Apologetix last night! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 9:43 am

Very cool ! If I knew you were gonna see them I'd have you ask J to get on down to Southern California ! They haven't been down our way in years.

Glad you got to see them though. I agree that the live experience is way better.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Saw Apologetix last night!   Saw Apologetix last night! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 1:52 pm

Very cool, sounds like a great time.

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Saw Apologetix last night!   Saw Apologetix last night! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 2:30 pm

I didn't get to go when they were near here Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saw Apologetix last night!   Saw Apologetix last night! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saw Apologetix last night!
Page 1 of 1