Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Russ Taff and the Imperials

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Russ Taff and the Imperials Empty
PostSubject: Russ Taff and the Imperials   Russ Taff and the Imperials I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:21 am

Russ solo

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Russ Taff and the Imperials   Russ Taff and the Imperials I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:23 am

Imperials after Paul Smith replaced Russ Taff

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Russ Taff and the Imperials   Russ Taff and the Imperials I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:29 am

Imperials with Russ Taff..a time of leisure suits and Gaither Trio type vocals..lol

Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Russ Taff and the Imperials   Russ Taff and the Imperials I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 7:57 pm

My mom made me listen to this before I was allowed to buy Petra stuff......and I had to sing We Will Stand a million times as a teenager in church.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Russ Taff and the Imperials   Russ Taff and the Imperials I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 8:05 pm

Soooo....you are probably not a fan..right?

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Russ Taff and the Imperials   Russ Taff and the Imperials I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 10:35 pm

I really love the Imperials. I mean every version of them from the southern gospel of the beginning through the inspirational years (when Russ Taff was part of the group) all the way up to the pop-leaning sounds in the late 80s. Russ sounded so good in this group!
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Russ Taff and the Imperials   Russ Taff and the Imperials I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 12:26 pm

I have and enjoy the Back to the Roots CD, which actually wasn't the original Imperials but an offshoot that included the son one of the original members. Sadly there was a legal skirmish between "The Classic Imperials" and "The Imperials" concerning the name; I'm still not sure what the final outcome was! When a band's name becomes more important that its message you know that it's time to call it quits.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Russ Taff and the Imperials   Russ Taff and the Imperials I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 12:45 pm

It probably wasn't the name that was so important, but the money/royalties that went along with it. Still, it's wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Russ Taff and the Imperials   Russ Taff and the Imperials I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Russ Taff and the Imperials
Page 1 of 1