Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It's funny how life changes...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

It's funny how life changes... Empty
PostSubject: It's funny how life changes...   It's funny how life changes... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 10:39 am

So this weekend, I was browsing NoiseTrade and discovered Marlin Saner's Jazz guitar EP (I'm a huge jazz fan).  I downloaded it and it's pretty good.

So I went to Google and searched Marlin's name and found this.

I found this interesting - thought some of you might as well.  The EP is much lighter - kinda like George Benson or Grant Green.

Last edited by ishmael81 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: It's funny how life changes...   It's funny how life changes... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 4:23 pm

Ish, your "this" link is missing a colon between the http and the //. Smile

Downloading the Saner albums right now… should be cool, as I'm getting into jazz myself.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: It's funny how life changes...   It's funny how life changes... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 9:21 am

Fixed.  Thanks.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: It's funny how life changes...   It's funny how life changes... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 6:26 pm

Ok call me dumb but what is NoiseTrade? Love all types of Jazz in fact I used to be operations manager of a Smooth Jazz radio station. That and Classic Rock, what a combo!
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: It's funny how life changes...   It's funny how life changes... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 6:29 pm

Another great jazz guitarist, Jeff Golub, used to play for Billy Squier.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: It's funny how life changes...   It's funny how life changes... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 9:51 am

NoiseTrade is a website for artists to post music - be it a song or a whole album - that you get in exchange for your email address.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: It's funny how life changes...   It's funny how life changes... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:02 am

You can also "tip" the artist for the download if you choose.  That way, they can still get paid for their music.  You decide how much it's worth if you choose to tip.  Tipping is not required, though.

I just don't care for jazz.  Never have.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: It's funny how life changes...   It's funny how life changes... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 1:56 pm

Good point alldat.  I forgot to mention that.

They don't have just jazz.  It seems the majority is folky singer/songwriter stuff which is popular now amongst folks my age (late 20's to mid-30's).  But there's also jazz, gospel, blues, hard rock/metal, Christian and lots of other stuff.  I downloaded a lounge organ album the other night that's interesting (Electrik Peach Fuzz).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's funny how life changes...   It's funny how life changes... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's funny how life changes...
Page 1 of 1