Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4

Go down 
+7
Staybrite
Just_Sue
Guilty/Forgiven
ishmael81
sabidoo
alldatndensum
Fundy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4 Empty
PostSubject: Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4   Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 2:24 am

Ok, so how many jobs has everyone had, and how long were you in them?

Me..

1 - 8 months (moved house)
2 - 6 months (company closed)
3 - 5 months (company closed)
4 - 2 years (company reduced in size)
5 - 4 years (wanted a job change)
6 - 15 years (and counting)

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4   Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 8:06 am

1. 3 months - Big national box store that nearly every town has

2. 23 months - Now defunct boot manufacturer

3. 18 years 10 months - Large international tire manufacturing facility

4. 3 weeks - Small hamburger chain restaurant that is more successful with breakfast. I was on strike from the tire manufacturing facility

5. 4 years - Current church where I am the youth pastor

6 4 years - Local school system where I also currently work

If you add up my years, it will make me seem older than I am. The three week job happened during my number 3 slot. We were on strike and I got a part time job to help out. The final two jobs are what I have now and are running simultaneously.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Last edited by alldatndensum on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4   Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 9:09 am

1. 5 months

2. 4 months

3. 1.5 years

4. 2 weeks

5. 1 year

6. 1.5 years

7. 1 month

8. 6 months

9. 4 months

10. 6 months

11. 7 years

12. 2 years

13. 6 months

14. 1.5 years

15. 5 years

16. 2 years

17. 2.5 years

18. 2 years

19. 4 months

20. 3 years to present

There may even be several part time or interim jobs that I have forgotten about. Like alldat said, all this stuff makes me seem OLD.....well, I suppose I am.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4   Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 9:33 am

1. 4 months - this factory that made sno cone and hot dog machines. I only worked part time and they laid me off before my senior year of high school

2. 6 months - a hardware store as a cashier. They let me go during Christmas break of my senior year because "You're part time, and let's face it - when you graduate, you're headed to something better."

3. 3 years - a convenience store, while working on my Associate's in business. I resigned because the school I chose for my Bachelor's had a terrific evening program and I was working evenings.

4. 2 years - an office supply store. I spent a year as a delivery driver and a year as their shipping manager (I graduated college while working here). It was family owned, so both years for Christmas, they catered an amazing meal and had an open bar. Nothing like 10 drunk people, and two of us sipping Sprite to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Saviour.

5. 3 years - a private children's home for kids aged 11 - 18 who had been abused, abandoned or orphaned. Right out of college with a business degree, I was a case manager then evening supervisor. This started my career that doesn't make sense.

6. 5 years - working for Missouri's Department of Mental Health. I started in 2007 at the MO Sexual Offender Treatment Center, which is a long term treatment center for habitual sex offenders (both pedophiles and rapists) in the Vocational dept. then moved to supervising a ward of about 15 staff with 18 residents. Then in 2009 I transferred to the Developmental Disabilities division as a manager for a site with 300+ staff and about 70 residents. I was demoted (and lost about $9000 a year) after a year and a half when the position was eliminated from our operations budget. At this point I took a second job that lasted until last October when I was demoted and transferred (and lost another $3000 a year) when the location (1 of 3) I worked at was shut down due to lack of residents to justify keeping it open and again, budget cuts. At this point I started a different second job.

Hence the year long job search that has thus far been a faliure...

Last edited by ishmael81 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4   Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 10:55 am

Mowed lawns, pulled weeds, worked with my dad in his machine shop
1. Clark's Art Supplies (several months)- better offer
2. Datsun dealership -Lot boy, cleaned cars everyday (9 months) - hated it
3. Sprouse Reitz -general store (about 6 months as janitor and a year on register)
4. Assistant to head painter at Palm Springs Chevy dealership -sanded, smoothed out, primed and in some cases painted parts. The head painter got to paint the entire vehicles. (10 months) -too much for me (the stalls would get up to 120 degrees, suffered heat exhaustion)
5. Stater Bros. - bagged for 8 months and was promoted to meat dept for 1.5 years. -better offer
6. Baxter Hyland Division -AutoPheresis C tech. Trained to do phlebotomies and work in lab at Plasma pheresis center. 9 months - better offer.
7. began my first job in pharmacy in '89. Been selling drugs ever since.
- - - - 8 years at an Independant pharmacy (attained my RPhT while working there and doing some college classes) -left for higher pay
----- Walgreens pharmacy 4 years - attained my CPhT there. left hoping the grass would be greener elsewhere...
------ Vons pharmacy 9 years - left pretty much due to a nervous breakdown (details are ugly... so was the job)
------ Dr Jones-Poland's office as Dispensary Tech, running the entire "pharmacy" - best job ever (started in 2009 to present)
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4   Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 11:07 am

1 - grocery store [about 3 months]
2 - textiles mill, screen printing dept [4 years]
3 - medical supply manufacturer [1 year]
4 - lumber mill [15 years]
5 - Purell hand sanitizer manufacturer [4 years]
6 - nursing home [3 months]
7 - hospital [7 months]

this is the longest i've been since getting out of high school without a job and it's driving me crazy. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4   Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 11:29 am

You earlier posters need to go back and edit your posts to indicate the job type or employer.

It's going to take me a little while to remember mine.

Thanks for taking this idea and running with it Fundy.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4   Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 12:21 pm

Here's the type of job...

1 - 8 months (moved house) - National DIY store
2 - 6 months (company closed) Insurance Company
3 - 5 months (company closed) Management Consultancy
4 - 2 years (company reduced in size) Solicitors/Lawyers
5 - 4 years (wanted a job change) Health Insurance
6 - 15 years (and counting) Christian design/printing - best job ever!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4   Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 7:17 pm

1. 10 weeks - Spent a summer and a Christmas break during high school working as an assistant to a bilnds/drapery installer (fun job)
2. 3 weeks - Phone solicitor (selling coupon books over the phone)
3. 9 months - Dishwasher, busboy and short order cook at an Airport cafeteria.
4. 3 years - Medic in the U.S. Army
5. 5 years - National Guard medic
6. 3 months - Newspaper print room (fun, but dead-end job)
7. 3 weeks - Brick factory
8. 2 years - Roofer (for two different companies)
9. 3 years - VA office worker (part-time during college)
10. 1 year - Structures lab assistant (again part-time during college)
11. 13 years - Structural Engineer (old firm that folded)
12. 14 months - Structural Engineer (current firm)

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4   Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 8:52 am

Do you mind if I skip these questions?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4   Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 11:07 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
Do you mind if I skip these questions?

it's ok sister, you don't have to answer any questions you don't want to.

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4   Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 5:17 pm

1. Paper boy: 3 2/3 years for our local paper, The Daily Observer.
2. Lawn cutting: just a couple weeks ago, I started mowing my neighbour's lawn.

Hopefully there will be a 3. in there soon, whether it's from working a summer job or working at camp.
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4   Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 5:29 pm

1. 9 months at Trotline Inn (seafood restaurant) as a dishwasher. Left when I went to Kansas City

2. 4 months at Piggly Wiggly in Kansas City as a checker. Left when I came back to Arkansas

3. 5 years doing various jobs at Aramark Uniform Services. Quit when I got fed up with stupid management decisions.

4. 7 years as a framing subcontractor. Went out of business and quite honestly, I wanted out of the trade anyways, so I considered it a blessing.

5. Went back to Aramark, and have been back for 4 and a half years. And I may be leaving again, but I'm not sure when. Corporate has managed to FUBAR things even worse than last time,. I'm sick of it, and I'm just waiting for the other door to open before I say my last farewell to this place.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4   Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 5:41 pm

Samson wrote:

4. 7 years as a framing subcontractor. Went out of business and quite honestly, I wanted out of the trade anyways, so I considered it a blessing.

I talked to many a framers when I worked as a roofer. Some of them really decent guys...some of them rather scary. But then the same could be said of the other roofers I worked with.

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4   Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 9:25 am

1~ 7 years at a grocery store. Store was bought by a local rival and shut down. The company that bought it later went bankrupt.

2~9 months at pizza place doing delivery

3~6 months at another grocery store

4~ 17 years and counting at a Walmart Supercenter.

Between jobs 2,3 & 4for awhile I was working at 2 at once. First was 2 & 3. Left 3 to go to #4 . Worked 2 & 4 for 3 months then left 2 for all the overtime I was working at 4. For awhile I was only getting a 3 hour nap in between each job. Whenever I was off from one of them all I did was sleep.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4   Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 10:47 am

I excluded pizza delivery from my list. Reason why is, it was only for one day Laughing
I had applications out at several places so I could get out of painting cars (since the heat was making me sick, and I also didn't approve of all the staff getting together and smoking a joint almost everyday - didn't wanna be a part of a job where they just let the employees do that) So anyways, I was hoping for the Stater brothers boss to call me, but Dominos Pizza called me instead. I went on a ride with a trainer and helped him deliver for an entire shift. When I got home that night, there was a message on my answering machine from Stater Bros asking me to come in the next morning for an interview. I got the job there and soon as i went home I called Dominos and told them something else came along, and sorry, I won't be coming back.

So, yeh I delivered pizza for less than 24 hours Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4   Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Kwestion Of The Week #4
Page 1 of 1