Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any of you 40 somethings remember...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Any of you 40 somethings remember... Empty
PostSubject: Any of you 40 somethings remember...   Any of you 40 somethings remember... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 5:53 pm

this classic ?
Mega music history in a little over 3 minutes.
1974 song that was played more on Doctor Demento than regular radio. I wonder if this is where Billy Joel got his idea for "We didn't start the fire" ?

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Any of you 40 somethings remember...   Any of you 40 somethings remember... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 1:06 pm

Man it's been a long time since I've heard that song.

PostSubject: Re: Any of you 40 somethings remember...   Any of you 40 somethings remember... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 3:55 pm

I have never heard this before.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Any of you 40 somethings remember...   Any of you 40 somethings remember... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 6:36 pm

Neither have I.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Any of you 40 somethings remember...   Any of you 40 somethings remember... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 7:22 pm

Wow I'm a bit surprised by that.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Any of you 40 somethings remember...   Any of you 40 somethings remember... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 7:36 pm

Alldat !!!???? Come on man, of anyone, I would've bet cash that you would've heard of that song... Dr Demento played it a bunch in the mid-late 70s.
My wife didn't remember it either and she also added that "it's annoying"... I said hey, that's TRUE talent there... I can barely stutter out one sentence, let alone talk that fast.
There was another guy on Dr D that spoke fast too, but it wasn't a song. Lemme see if I can find it, I'll post it here too. It had something to do with politics, which meant nothing to me in the 70s (for that matter, politics mean nothing to me today either Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Any of you 40 somethings remember...   Any of you 40 somethings remember... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 7:46 pm

Ok, I found that song... I was a Dr D fanatic as a child and I used to tape record every episode, so that's prolly why I remember all these random songs and skits from the show......however, I totally forgot this one has a few light expletives....
so, here's the link if you're not easily offended
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5gr1p_Pp0U
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Any of you 40 somethings remember...   Any of you 40 somethings remember... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 8:34 pm

Dr. Demento was not available in our rural area of TN. Besides, in '74 I was being force fed my father's favorite country artists. I didn't really start getting into my own musical choices until 1980 when I got my own radio.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Any of you 40 somethings remember...   Any of you 40 somethings remember... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 2:51 pm

I never heard any of Dr. D's shows but at least one of our local radio stations would trot that old tune out every once in awhile.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Any of you 40 somethings remember...   Any of you 40 somethings remember... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:49 pm

KMET Los Angeles was the Pop/Rock station we listened to growing up in the 70s. They played Dr Demento's show every Friday night - back then I had one of those old tape recorders you put a cassette into and pushed the play and record buttons down at the same time and I would set it next to the radio... then get mad when someone was making noise in the background Laughing

When we got older, it was KNAC - anyone who was a classic rocker, Zeppelin, Doors, Motorhead, Van Halen fanatic was a lover of this station. We moved from L.A. just about the time I was really getting into that station.

We moved to the middle of hell the desert, where there was only ONE radio station for MILES !! and it sucked. That's why me and my buddies used to spend all our time at the local record store "Blue Mill Records and Tapes" - we'd listen to the classic rock they'd play and get a head-rush from the incense. We'd buy some albums and take them over to a buddy's house and listen to records for hours... good times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any of you 40 somethings remember...   Any of you 40 somethings remember... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any of you 40 somethings remember...
Page 1 of 1