Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tonight, live in Murfreesboro....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Tonight, live in Murfreesboro.... Empty
PostSubject: Tonight, live in Murfreesboro....   Tonight, live in Murfreesboro.... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 8:11 am

....I'll be seeing Building 429, Storyside:B, the Afters, and Jackson Waters.

This is what I wanted for my birf-day, and my wifey bought me tickets! I've got a good wifey!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Tonight, live in Murfreesboro....   Tonight, live in Murfreesboro.... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 8:14 am

You have a rockin' night tonight.
I only wonder how The Afters and Jackson waters sound.
Hey ... enjoy tonight and tell us how it was.
Hoe Building 429 and Storyside:B sounds live.
Back to top Go down
drumdude

drumdude

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Tonight, live in Murfreesboro....   Tonight, live in Murfreesboro.... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 9:53 am

And your not taking me!!! just kidding. have fun dude
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Tonight, live in Murfreesboro....   Tonight, live in Murfreesboro.... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 10:28 am

Tonight, live in Murfreesboro.... Lucky
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Tonight, live in Murfreesboro....   Tonight, live in Murfreesboro.... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 3:05 pm

Have fun.

BTW where is the wide world is Murfreesboro, and why don't they just change the name for heavens sake?

PostSubject: Re: Tonight, live in Murfreesboro....   Tonight, live in Murfreesboro.... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 9:25 pm

Murfreesboro I've heard of...

The bands? Evil or Very Mad

But have a great time, dood! cheers
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Tonight, live in Murfreesboro....   Tonight, live in Murfreesboro.... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 8:54 am

Murfreesboro is a fairly good sized city just southeast of Nashville. If it keeps growing like it has, in a few more years they will connect.

The show was great! Jackson Waters opened first, and did about 6 songs from their debut CD. Their music is a mix of pop, modern rock, and a tinge of jazz thrown in. It is an eclectic mix, but I kinda liked it!

Next up was Storyside:B. They also did about 6 songs--3 from each of their two albums. This is one of the few bands I have heard that actually sound BETTER than the album. The harmonies were tight, but definitely not recorded. The guitarist moved away from the mic for a moment in one song and the backing vocals stopped proving that they were doing their own background vocals. I was highly impressed with their live sound, but I was saddened that I was about the only person there who knew the words to the songs. As

The Afters were on next. The did around 9 songs--5 from their current disc, and 4 from the one coming out in February. The Afters, to me, have a 60s-70s vibe to me. If you took CCR, the hippy era of the Beatles, the Monkeys, and taught them how to use more overdrive on their guitars, then the Afters remind me of that. But, they were incredibly good.

Lastly, Building 429 hit. They did a wide variety of songs from all three of their albums. I've seen these guys three times now, and each time they seem like they are having more fun doing what they do each time. Also, the band just seems to make you feel like old friends. I've heard bands with overtly Christian lyrics who preached some from the stage, but B429 really seem to have a sincerity to them that really draws you in.

One thing I can say about all of these artists: their love for Jesus really shine through their shows, their songs, and the way that they just hung out with people both before and after the show. I forgot the camera, so I didn't take any pics. I did get a Building 429 t0-shirt, however.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Tonight, live in Murfreesboro....   Tonight, live in Murfreesboro.... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 9:00 am

Quote :
Murfreesboro I've heard of...

The bands? Evil or Very Mad

They are not everyone's cup of tea, Nick. They are definitely more modern rock with a lot of pop elements. But, I am learning that the song doesn't always have to be about the riff. A good song is still a good song even if it isn't traditional hard rock/metal.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Tonight, live in Murfreesboro....   Tonight, live in Murfreesboro.... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 8:02 am

To listen and see Storyside:B is very cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonight, live in Murfreesboro....   Tonight, live in Murfreesboro.... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 9:46 am

alldatndensum wrote:

They are not everyone's cup of tea, Nick. They are definitely more modern rock with a lot of pop elements. But, I am learning that the song doesn't always have to be about the riff. A good song is still a good song even if it isn't traditional hard rock/metal.

I saw a lot of such bands at youth events. I almost always enjoy them live, a band has to be pretty aweful or a genre I just cannot stomach (like country) for me to not enjoy a live band. I even saw a rapper at an Aquire The Fire event that I liked quite a bit. I walked up to him and shook his hand afterwards, as most of the kids seemed to be ignoring him, and I felt sorry for him. He was a cool guy.

But to purchase the cds and listen to them? Nope. Evil or Very Mad

I bought the new Disciple for my son and Fireflight for my daughter at Calistone. I hear enough modern rock from them. I never choose to put it on myself, but a lot of it really is good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tonight, live in Murfreesboro....   Tonight, live in Murfreesboro.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tonight, live in Murfreesboro....
Page 1 of 1