Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Living Sacrifice question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Living Sacrifice question Empty
PostSubject: Living Sacrifice question   Living Sacrifice question I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 2:06 am

This one's for those of you who are familiar with LS's albums.

Here's the story: I got their self titled album back in '95 and it immediately became a favorite of mine - played it to death and still love it to this day. After a while I stumbled on their next studio album Nonexistent and immediately dropped cash on it without sampling it, I was looking forward to more of that incredible Slayer sound with cool Christian lyrics.... I was so disappointed when I realized the band changed to a down-tuned death metal sound, and D.J. started experimenting with a death growl. For me it was a waste of money (that style is not my thing).

I told you that to ask you this- I haven't heard any of their other albums after Nonexistent. Did they maintain the death growl for the rest of their albums, or did they ever return to the vocal style of the self titled gem ?

Anyone familiar with the LS catalog out there that can answer this for me ?
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice question   Living Sacrifice question I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 8:17 am

each album they've released has been different... nonexistent, imo, is their worst.. the vocals are just horrible.. but, unfortunately, they never really returned to the slayer type sound... though, personally, I do like most of their albums.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice question   Living Sacrifice question I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 10:33 am

Bummer... So are all their albums growling Cookie Monster style ?
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice question   Living Sacrifice question I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 10:55 am

thank God not!!!

I would recommend searching youtube for a song or two from each album to give you an idea of the album sound... they are all unique beasts.. and I like most of them... (Nonexistent being one huge exception)
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice question   Living Sacrifice question I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 9:47 pm

I really would like to find the LS s/t. It sounds like pure thrash \m/
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice question   Living Sacrifice question I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:44 am

Inhabit is still death metal.......Reborn is brilliant, heavy and aggressive, more of a metalcore sound.......The Hammering Process is also very good, adding some tribal elements........Conceived In Fire continues the metalcore, very strong album with some groove to it.......the Infinite Order is good modern metalcore.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice question   Living Sacrifice question I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:51 am

yeah that kinda sums it up..

DBF it is!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice question   Living Sacrifice question I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 11:03 am

danielbandfan wrote:

I own an original copy of that one. However, Cliffy over at CMR did a re-master of this immortal first release and offers it at 320kbps. May wanna contact him at CMR, he can hook you up with a HQ copy for free.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice question   Living Sacrifice question I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 1:00 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
danielbandfan wrote:

I own an original copy of that one. However, Cliffy over at CMR did a re-master of this immortal first release and offers it at 320kbps. May wanna contact him at CMR, he can hook you up with a HQ copy for free.

is the 1999 solid state rerelease remastered?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice question   Living Sacrifice question I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 2:36 pm

My guess is not, since Cliffy did a complete remaster fairly recently.

btw, the other band I was trying to think of a few months ago that sounds similar to LS first release is Sanity Obscure by Believer - LOVE that album !
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice question   Living Sacrifice question I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 2:40 pm

That first Living Sacrifice album is pure Slayer styled metal....

Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
unworthy

unworthy

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice question   Living Sacrifice question I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 4:40 pm

Cliff.. if you are listening... do you happen to have files of the LS s/t release? lol .. I'd love to hear it! ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice question   Living Sacrifice question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Living Sacrifice question
Page 1 of 1