Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)

Go down 
+6
pastoraaronbartmess
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Guilty/Forgiven
Staybrite
Cliffy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Cliffy

Cliffy

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-10-06

LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster) Empty
PostSubject: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 1:42 pm

Does everybody who posts here also post on the CMR? If so, then you've probably all already seen this. If not, then here you go...

LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster) Livingsacrifice-livingsacrifice

The debut album from the mighty Living Sacrifice. Heavy on Slayer with a bit of Metallica here and there, this album was originally released on REX Records in 1991 to very loud and raucous praise and adoration. Some thought it was ripping on Slayer too much, but most of us couldn't have cared less. We simply LOVED what we were hearing!

Flash forward 20 years and there has still never been a proper remaster of this album. Yeah, yeah, Solid State Records re-released it in 1999 but it wasn't really given it's modern audio due and even that version has since gone out of print (if you've never heard this album before, do yourself a favor and go hunt it down on eBay...it'll be money well spent).

To celebrate the 20 year anniversary of this simply fantastic album, I decided to take things into my own hand and give it a full Steinhaus remaster...as if I was being paid to do it for a label.

The results really do speak for themselves...I attained modern volume specs without losing dynamics, removed tape hiss, repaired a few mixing anomalies present in the original release (edit clicks), achieved greater overall clarity of instruments and vocals, properly split track 3 (Second Death - Obstruction) into two tracks to give the album 10 true tracks as listed on the outer tray. Finally, I did song to song transition work to improve overall album flow...each track starts based on the timing of the previous track.

All mp3s encoded at 320 kbps (CBR) via iTunes 10.1.1.4

Total zip file size is 101.60 MB
Zip file includes the following files:

01 Violence.mp3
02 Internal Unrest.mp3
03 Second Death.mp3
04 Obstruction.mp3
05 Walls Of Separation.mp3
06 Phargx Imas.mp3
07 No Grave Concern.mp3
08 Dealing With Ignorance.mp3
09 The Prodigal.mp3
10 Anorexia Spiritual.mp3
livingsacrifice-livingsacrifice.jpg

(AAC/M4A and FLAC Lossless file formats also available.)

This album has been out of print for many years and is not available anywhere for digital purchase. I am making this available for free via the Christian Metal Realm with the full knowledge and consent of Bruce Fitzhugh of Living Sacrifice (the copyright owner and principle songwriter).

PLEASE NOTE: This is only available to those who have purchased this album before. Bruce is being kind enough to allow this sharing of my remaster, so let's be honest with our dealings with one another regarding this exchange. Also, please do NOT share this with anyone who has never purchased this album outright before.

PM me for the download link.

Feel free to post your thoughts on this remaster here in this thread.

later...Cliffy
Back to top Go down
http://www.steinhausmastering.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:38 pm

Hey Cliffy great to see you over here man. Smile

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9945
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 8:49 pm

I've bought this one twice ! Once on cassette (wore it out), then on CD....

Definitely in my top ten. However, I think the first issue sounds great. (I just wish they put out more albums with the same singing style)
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 am

Some of us post at both places. I think some of our peeps here like it being a bit more quiet and family like. Also, we get a lot more variety in the music here as we aren't just a metal board.

Back to LS.....I just never could get into this band. Just not my cup of tea at all.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9945
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 6:06 pm

Hmmm, going anywhere else would be like visiting another church. I like my little church family here - as dysfunctional as they are
jocolor
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 2:54 pm

Cliffy, keep us informed about the master you make.
Back to top Go down
Cliffy

Cliffy

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 10:18 am

This is ready to go right now...any of you who wanna check it out, just PM me for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steinhausmastering.com
pastoraaronbartmess

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2019-10-29

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 1:06 pm

Hi there. I know I'm late to this thread, but do you still have that download? I'd be so grateful, man.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 1:47 pm

Pastoraaronbartmess, welcome to the board.
Unfortunately Cliffy hasn't been here at the CHM message board for several years now.  You might try contacting him through private message, or even his link at steinhaus mastering (in his signature).

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 2:12 pm

Seems his website is gone. haven't heard from Cliffy in a while and it seems all the new remasters are done by Bombworks. Wonder what he has been up to?
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 3:21 pm

He's been working on new Huntingtons music.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 3:48 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
He's been working on new Huntingtons music.

Oh man I wish he was working on a new Main Line Riders album.

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2019-10-29

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 3:50 pm

Does anybody know where you can purchase a digital copy of the living sacrifice self titled?
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 4:55 pm

That's a good question, Pastor Aaron.  I believe the downloads mostly begin by their second album. Sad
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 5:58 pm

I'd love another Main Line Riders album myself.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2019 6:28 am

Black Rider wrote:
I'd love another Main Line Riders album myself.

As would I!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 1:14 pm

Welcome to Pastor Aaron to CHM.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)
Page 1 of 1