Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Unlocking the Paradox of Christian Metal Music

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Unlocking the Paradox of Christian Metal Music Empty
PostSubject: Unlocking the Paradox of Christian Metal Music   Unlocking the Paradox of Christian Metal Music I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 7:32 am

I wanted to take a minute to shamelessly plug my recently completed dissertation on Christian metal. It is a free download available at http://uknowledge.uky.edu/music_etds/9. Feel free to share the link with anyone you think might be interested. Also, thank you to all who helped out with information, insight, and opinions along the way.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the Paradox of Christian Metal Music   Unlocking the Paradox of Christian Metal Music I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 12:56 pm

Great to hear you finished it! (congrats) Do you have to defend it?

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the Paradox of Christian Metal Music   Unlocking the Paradox of Christian Metal Music I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 5:51 pm

Oh it is defended, revised, accepted, and paid for! I'm expecting my commemorative paper weight in the mail any day now.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the Paradox of Christian Metal Music   Unlocking the Paradox of Christian Metal Music I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 1:04 pm

Fantastic Dr. Messiaen77!

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the Paradox of Christian Metal Music   Unlocking the Paradox of Christian Metal Music I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 7:14 pm

I started reading this today. I may print the whole thing so I can read it away from the computer. Do you plan to put print book copies into the market. Wonder what it would cost to print 100 copies of this in book form?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the Paradox of Christian Metal Music   Unlocking the Paradox of Christian Metal Music I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 7:23 pm

Here is an interesting comment from the book ....
"There are very few instances of Christian metal bands being at the vanguard of new
metal trends, so it is fair to assume that Christian metal bands are following trends
established by general market ones and not the other way around."

This brings up a lot of pro and con positions in Christian Metal Discussions. This is something I think we metal fans should pray about and maybe change will come and Christian bands will create a new musical trend.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the Paradox of Christian Metal Music   Unlocking the Paradox of Christian Metal Music I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 7:42 pm

Oddly enough very few artists (in any type of art) either Christian or secular, actually blaze new trails in their chosen medium. The majority of them emulate the artists they admire and if they are lucky they are able to make a living at it.

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the Paradox of Christian Metal Music   Unlocking the Paradox of Christian Metal Music I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unlocking the Paradox of Christian Metal Music
Page 1 of 1