Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"Love Song For A Savior" in ChristianMingle ad

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

"Love Song For A Savior" in ChristianMingle ad Empty
PostSubject: "Love Song For A Savior" in ChristianMingle ad   "Love Song For A Savior" in ChristianMingle ad I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 1:26 am

I've already been annoyed with this site for some time due to their slogan ("Find God's match for you!"), but this is just plain irritating.

They obviously know the title of the song being used, but apparently that's not clear enough to get the point across that they're using the song out of context?

Judging by the response to this on Twitter (https://twitter.com/search/love%20song%20for%20a%20savior), I'm not the only one who feels this way.
Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: "Love Song For A Savior" in ChristianMingle ad   "Love Song For A Savior" in ChristianMingle ad I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 11:40 am

Jars of Clay owns the rights to the song, I believe. That would mean they gave ChristianMingle permission to use it.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Re: "Love Song For A Savior" in ChristianMingle ad   "Love Song For A Savior" in ChristianMingle ad I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 2:30 pm

oh my word. That is wretched!!

I can't believe Jars of Clay would allow their song to be used in such an ad or context!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856

PostSubject: Re: "Love Song For A Savior" in ChristianMingle ad   "Love Song For A Savior" in ChristianMingle ad I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 2:39 pm

could be the record company who owns the rights.. don't know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/

PostSubject: Re: "Love Song For A Savior" in ChristianMingle ad   "Love Song For A Savior" in ChristianMingle ad I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 11:05 am

I never paid much attention to the song. I think the whole " christian" singles idea is goofy. I don't think God has anything to do with who we marry.
Seems like just another marketing idea to me.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: "Love Song For A Savior" in ChristianMingle ad   "Love Song For A Savior" in ChristianMingle ad I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 9:07 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Seems like just another marketing idea to me.

DING DING DING!! We have a winner. Christian Mingle is just one of many sites operated by a parent company that focuses on niche groups. There are dating sites under that company for Christians, Jews, Blacks, senior citizens, Catholics, deaf people, Canadians, Mormons, 7th-Day Adventists...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Love Song For A Savior" in ChristianMingle ad   "Love Song For A Savior" in ChristianMingle ad I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Love Song For A Savior" in ChristianMingle ad
Page 1 of 1