Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Hobbit

Go down 
+10
topshot rhit
Dynamis
Just_Sue
Timshell64
bassdude
Driven
Staybrite
unworthy
alldatndensum
Fundy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

The Hobbit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit   The Hobbit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 9:00 pm

I just remembered that Peter Jackson does a cameo in each of his movies. I wonder where he is in this one. I may see it again in the theaters or maybe just wait till it comes out on Blu-Ray.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit   The Hobbit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 12:46 pm

Hardkore wrote:
I just remembered that Peter Jackson does a cameo in each of his movies. I wonder where he is in this one. I may see it again in the theaters or maybe just wait till it comes out on Blu-Ray.

So he's got that Hitchcock thing going. I remember seeing him in the first Lord of the Rings film (outside Bree, right before Frodo and company get to the "Prancing Pony" inn), but I didn't see him in the other two or in the Hobbit.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit   The Hobbit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 2:37 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:

So he's got that Hitchcock thing going. I remember seeing him in the first Lord of the Rings film (outside Bree, right before Frodo and company get to the "Prancing Pony" inn), but I didn't see him in the other two or in the Hobbit.

I found a vid that shows all of his cameo's together. Plus an article that tells about his Hobbit role.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=36032

OK,I wish the vid didn't have that image showing.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit   The Hobbit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 3:14 pm

Interesting, haven't seen quite a few of those

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit   The Hobbit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 6:11 pm

M. Night Shyamalan does the same Hitchcock thing. I just wish that M. Night could get back on his game with a good movie. He started off strong but just lost it after The Village to me.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit   The Hobbit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 6:31 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
M. Night Shyamalan does the same Hitchcock thing. I just wish that M. Night could get back on his game with a good movie. He started off strong but just lost it after The Village to me.

I never saw The Village (looked too creepy to me), but I really liked The Lady In The Water, Signs and The Sixth Sense. Unbreakable was even pretty decent, but I thought The Last Airbender was instantly forgettable.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit   The Hobbit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 6:59 pm

The Village LOOKED creepy, but wasn't really. That's why so many people disliked it. However, the real story there was very interesting to me and was a great story twist that I did not expect until almost the end. I also agree on the other movies of his that you liked as well. I liked all of those except for The Lady In the Water. I thought that The Last Airbender and The Happening were both royal turds.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit   The Hobbit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 7:59 pm

the happening was the dumbest movie...
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit   The Hobbit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:00 pm

Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit   The Hobbit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 1:24 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
There had better not be any director's cuts or extended editions with the Hobbit trilogy!

Of course there will be a director's cut/extended edition. They can charge more for those DVDs.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit   The Hobbit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 1:23 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
topshot rhit wrote:
There had better not be any director's cuts or extended editions with the Hobbit trilogy!

Of course there will be a director's cut/extended edition. They can charge more for those DVDs.

BTW,if you have not heard,the DVD's/Blu-Ray's come out March 19th. No word yet on the Extended Editions.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=99935
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit   The Hobbit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 11:51 pm

I have not seen this and just don't have much desire to. Never liked the book.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit   The Hobbit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 8:07 am

Staybrite wrote:
Alright I am taking all of my kids to see this the day after Christmas. I haven't seen a movie in the theater for over a year. I gotta ask one thing, do they sing half-a-dozen of those campy songs in the movie? I have to confess that I got so tired of those reading that book (many years ago) that I just skipped over the last few.

Tolkien was big on songs, wasn't he? I read The Hobbit, but listened to audio books of the LOTR books and I still can't get that stupid Tom Bombadil song out of my head.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit   The Hobbit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 3:35 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Alright I am taking all of my kids to see this the day after Christmas. I haven't seen a movie in the theater for over a year. I gotta ask one thing, do they sing half-a-dozen of those campy songs in the movie? I have to confess that I got so tired of those reading that book (many years ago) that I just skipped over the last few.

Tolkien was big on songs, wasn't he? I read The Hobbit, but listened to audio books of the LOTR books and I still can't get that stupid Tom Bombadil song out of my head.

I will give Peter Jackson this, he actually did a good job with the songs, they didn't seem to have the campiness (is that even a word) that they seemed to have in the book

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit   The Hobbit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 2:00 am

Yes, there were too many songs/poems in his books, and it did get kind of annoying after a while.

Regarding the DVD's, I think there'll be extended editions as

a - that will generate more money, and more money means everything!
b - there's always enough idiots to buy the more expensive extended version (myself included)
c - you sort of expect it, given what LOTR was like.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit   The Hobbit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 2:01 am

"Warner Bros. has confirmed that the first film in the new trilogy, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, will receive the Extended Edition treatment in a late 2013 home video release – just in time to promote the theatrical release of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug."

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit   The Hobbit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 2:03 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit   The Hobbit - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 4:13 pm

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=105824

There is a little bit more to the article,a spoiler pertaining to the 2nd movie. If you haven't read the book and don't already know,plus if you don't want to know yet, don't click the source link.

Quote :
If Peter Jackson's The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey wasn't long enough for you, then we have some goods news. The filmmakers have revealed some of the scenes you can expect to see in the extended cut of the movie.

"You are going to get some serious Dwarvish disrespect of the elves at Rivendell," director Peter Jackson told Empire.

"You are going to get more of Hobbiton," said producer/co-writer Philippa Boyens. "We always wanted to wend our way through Hobbiton, but in the end Bilbo has to run out of the door."

"You are going to get more Goblin Town, and the Great Goblin singing his song," said Fran Walsh. "It is a great song, but it was just another delay in terms of moving the story along."

There are also issues with [king of the elves] Thranduil. We get some of the reason why he and the dwarves had a falling out - to do with these white gems..."

The extended edition of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey will be releasd this November, just in time for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug which opens in 2D, 3D, and IMAX theaters on December 13.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit   The Hobbit - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Hobbit
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: