Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Novella One Big Sky

Go down 
+6
Hardkore
bassdude
alldatndensum
Follower of Jesus
Staybrite
Timshell64
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Timshell64

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Novella One Big Sky Empty
PostSubject: Novella One Big Sky   Novella One Big Sky I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 8:57 pm

You know if I had to be stranded on an island with very few cds in my possesion. Novella's One Big Sky cd would have to be one of them. I think it is one of the best all around guitar rock albums i have ever heard. Lyrics are thought provoking and not cheesy by any stretch of the imagination!! But the guitar work on this cd are just awesome!!!

If you never ever heard this cd, do yourself a favor check it out.

I am listening to it tonite which is what brought this up!!

Tim
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Novella One Big Sky   Novella One Big Sky I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 12:31 am

I think both of those Novella albums are really good while I'm listening to them, but I seldom think to actually get them out and play them.

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Novella One Big Sky   Novella One Big Sky I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 7:21 am

LOVE this record!!! And while I have always professed to love them both, based on airplay, I love "One Big Sky" a whole lot more than it's follow-up. This album struck a perfect balance between crunchy rock and melody. The hooks are easy and get stuck in the head. Jonathan Pagano's vocals are just perfect for this. I still don't understand how they didn't break out into the broader CCM market the way Petra and Whiteheart did. Novella should have been huge. God had other plans, however.

But yes, this is a classic and well worth anyone's effort to track down. It is simply one of the best melodic rock CDs in history. (Not just "Christian" melodic rock, either...this thing would stand next to any secular melodic rock CD easily)
Back to top Go down
Timshell64

Timshell64

PostSubject: Re: Novella One Big Sky   Novella One Big Sky I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 8:05 am

I totally agree FOJ I would put this cd up against anything secular in this genre of music and I know it would hold its own!!

It is so sad that these bands did not get the support and sales they deserved. It is funny how the church does not support these bands. Some because they are just simply not aware that this music even exists or existed. Secondly because of deep seated traditions and fear of anything new that challenges their established way of thinking.

I just thank God he answered my prayed back in Feb of 88 when I accepted Christ as my savior. I was like Lord please do not make me listen to southern gospel for the rest of my life!!!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Novella One Big Sky   Novella One Big Sky I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 1:32 pm

Timshell64 wrote:

I just thank God he answered my prayed back in Feb of 88 when I accepted Christ as my savior. I was like Lord please do not make me listen to southern gospel for the rest of my life!!!

Ok, I hope I'm not the only one that laughed so hard after reading that, that everyone around me looked at me like I had lost my marbles.... Novella One Big Sky 13074

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Novella One Big Sky   Novella One Big Sky I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 3:56 pm

Quote :
I just thank God he answered my prayed back in Feb of 88 when I accepted
Christ as my savior. I was like Lord please do not make me listen to
southern gospel for the rest of my life!!!

I actually went through a phase from 1995 to 2000 when I tried doing that. I won't explain why as it seems so corny now. In 2000, I went through a major crisis of faith and started seeking out some modern worship stuff and that brought me back to my rock side. I feel so much better now!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Timshell64

Timshell64

PostSubject: Re: Novella One Big Sky   Novella One Big Sky I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 5:35 pm

Are you ok staybrite, didnt hurt yourself from all that laughter!! Alldat I am just glad you are back and here amongst all of us!!!!!

have a good one Brothers!!
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Novella One Big Sky   Novella One Big Sky I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 12:02 pm

Both of those Novella discs are brilliant IMO. I tend to listen to A Liquid Earth more than One Big Sky, but they both get regular spins around here.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Novella One Big Sky   Novella One Big Sky I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 12:36 pm

Alright, now I need to dig out my Novella to listen to. Love jammin' to those discs.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Novella One Big Sky   Novella One Big Sky I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 3:20 pm

Anywhere I can buy these?
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Novella One Big Sky   Novella One Big Sky I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 4:28 pm

danielbandfan wrote:
Anywhere I can buy these?

Looks like Amazon has both of them. OBS looks like is around $15 and Liquid Earth is showing for around $5 both on the the used size. May want to check ebay as well. But yeah both of these cd's are really good. I still spin them from time to time. Not sure if I really like one better over the other.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Novella One Big Sky   Novella One Big Sky I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 5:37 pm

So I first heard Novella on a Friday night show called Reality Rock (K-LoRD station) back in '90 or '91- I recorded the song "Give Me Love" and played it over and over till that cassette wore out.

Couple years later I got a hold of the full album. Definitely an 8 out of 10 for me... both of their albums !
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Novella One Big Sky   Novella One Big Sky I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:23 am

I actually like both of their albums about the same. They used to be huge players, but I only visit them every once and a while now. I might have to spin them today when I get home from the doctor. I am majorly down in my back.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Novella One Big Sky   Novella One Big Sky I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 2:22 pm

I'll be throwin' a prayer up for you Chris, I'm very familiar with back pain and feel for you !
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Novella One Big Sky   Novella One Big Sky I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 3:50 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I might have to spin them today when I get home from the doctor. I am majorly down in my back.

Ouch! I warned you not to play "Dance Party Extreme" on the Wii with those middle school kids.....they have way more flexibility then people our age.

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Novella One Big Sky   Novella One Big Sky I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 11:19 pm

I used to have A Liquid Earth on cassette... but it never got much playtime because I was in my "if it's not heavy it's not good" stage...
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/

PostSubject: Re: Novella One Big Sky   Novella One Big Sky I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 1:04 am

I like both novella albums. I have them on cassette.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Novella One Big Sky   Novella One Big Sky I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Novella One Big Sky
Page 1 of 1