Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best modern rock of the past few years?

Go down 
+3
Staybrite
alldatndensum
topshot rhit
7 posters
AuthorMessage
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Best modern rock of the past few years? Empty
PostSubject: Best modern rock of the past few years?   Best modern rock of the past few years? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 5:04 pm

I need to get my boys some tunes. The last 2 Skillet releases are already on the list. What would be your top 10 modern rock CDs from the past few years? I haven't acquired a single album since stopping my show in May 2009. No screamo, of course, but I'm open to any flavor of rock. No wussy stuff (eg, Newsboys) as we can hear that enough on the radio. Razz

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

PostSubject: Re: Best modern rock of the past few years?   Best modern rock of the past few years? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 5:42 pm

Anything by Seventh Day Slumber would be good. Also, any of the Flyleaf or Fireflight stuff. A lot of folks like Red, but to me alot of their material just sounds like the same thing over and over.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23434
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Best modern rock of the past few years?   Best modern rock of the past few years? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 8:13 pm

The newest one from Disciple, and the latest one from Ashes Remain are on sale for a few days at Amazon (if you are ok with downloads).

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=s9_dnav_bw_ir13_c?_encoding=UTF8&bbn=6064969011&rh=i%3Adigital-music-album%2Cn%3A163856011%2Cn%3A!2334092011%2Cn%3A!2334154011%2Cn%3A6064969011%2Cp_n_feature_browse-bin%3A625150011%2Cn%3A624905011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-7&pf_rd_r=0V31R0FC312MZEX8FSHF&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1420887062&pf_rd_i=6064969011

PostSubject: Re: Best modern rock of the past few years?   Best modern rock of the past few years? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 8:09 pm

Don't overwhelm me with suggestions now. Can't believe the scene has been that sparse.

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Best modern rock of the past few years?   Best modern rock of the past few years? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 8:44 pm

Hear is a few more from the last few years that I really liked in the grunge/modern rock category (not that I listen to a ton of modern rock).

Beyond the Rage - Burn Me Away
Bone Prophet - s/t
Forevertree - Z
Kings Krest - s/t
Medisin Wheel - Fire On The Moon (dead ringer for F.O.G.)

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Best modern rock of the past few years?   Best modern rock of the past few years? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 10:55 am

Bone Prophet FOR SURE ! Love that album.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Best modern rock of the past few years?   Best modern rock of the past few years? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 3:06 pm

Would a teenager love that album? Very Happy

If anybody has some newer stuff they'd like to trade for older stuff, let me know.

ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Best modern rock of the past few years?   Best modern rock of the past few years? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 3:59 pm

Does it have to be strictly modern rock? I have an Audio Adrenaline CD from 1998 sitting around, and a Daniel Band CD, although they're more "Hard rock"...
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Best modern rock of the past few years?   Best modern rock of the past few years? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 5:15 pm

They might like AA, but I'd think DB is too classic for them. Hmmm..., I may even have an AA CD somewhere.

ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Best modern rock of the past few years?   Best modern rock of the past few years? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 6:08 pm

Gotcha. Just thought I'd throw that out there...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best modern rock of the past few years?   Best modern rock of the past few years? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 6:45 pm

How about HB?

or maybe Rex Carroll & The Bleed - Take Back A Life
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Best modern rock of the past few years?   Best modern rock of the past few years? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 12:59 am

Staybrite wrote:
The newest one from Disciple, and the latest one from Ashes Remain are on sale for a few days at Amazon (if you are ok with downloads).
Found the new Flyleaf for $4 also. Good through Sat (which is nearly today in my time zone).

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Best modern rock of the past few years?   Best modern rock of the past few years? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 2:48 pm

I bought the Flyleaf and the new Thrid Day earlier this month. I really like the new Flyleaf album, but not really that impressed with the new Third Day.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Best modern rock of the past few years?   Best modern rock of the past few years? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 11:42 am

Topshot, I was listening to 2-20-2005 episode of Hard Music that's Good for the Soul and heard one of your "chip off the old blocks" DJ for a second ! He did a great job.. You said he was 7 years old and he introduced Audiovision's The King is Alive.... very cool !!

They grow up fast, so if I were you, I'd cut that sound clip out and save it... when he's older you can play it for him.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Best modern rock of the past few years?   Best modern rock of the past few years? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 4:15 pm

See my trade list for some of this new rock.

Timshell64

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Best modern rock of the past few years?   Best modern rock of the past few years? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 10:54 am

Try Dizmas on a search in amerca good modern rock but heavy enough to rock
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Best modern rock of the past few years?   Best modern rock of the past few years? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 3:55 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Does it have to be strictly modern rock? I have an Audio Adrenaline CD from 1998 sitting around, and a Daniel Band CD, although they're more "Hard rock"...

Which? Is it that one I sent you or is it another?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best modern rock of the past few years?   Best modern rock of the past few years? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best modern rock of the past few years?
Page 1 of 1