Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Marvelous 3 question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Marvelous 3 question Empty
PostSubject: Marvelous 3 question   Marvelous 3 question I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 5:36 pm

So I have this VHS with several hours of videos I recorded off of Z-TV (that Christian version of MTV back in the 90s) and TBN (that channel that's supposedly Christian broadcasting)...

I finally got around to looking into some of the bands that I had videos of recorded from these Christian channels. One of the videos was pretty cool, with a great rock sound, by a band called Marvelous 3 (Butch Walker)... here's my question- what's Christian about them ? Why are they on TBN's G-Rock show ? I mean, their music's excellent and the lyrics are clean, but I can't find anything on them that says they're a Christian band or has Christians in the band.

What do you know about them ?

Here's the totally great video that was on TBN:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marvelous 3 question   Marvelous 3 question I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 5:53 pm

I don't see anything christian about them. Ztv played some videos that were not really christian. They played alot of kings x and I don't see anything christian about them...even though they had some lyrics that fell in a christian friendly realm. I have seen videos by 'Christian" bands on tbn that are actually covers of secular songs. Even Rez made a video that got lots of Ztv airplay that was a cover of a "Who" song.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Marvelous 3 question   Marvelous 3 question I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 1:06 am

Yea, I have no idea why it was on TBN's G-Rock...

you gotta admit though, it's a catchy tune. Kinda harmless... but definitely not Christian
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Marvelous 3 question   Marvelous 3 question I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 2:08 am

brokentulsa wrote:
I don't see anything christian about them. Ztv played some videos that were not really christian. They played alot of kings x and I don't see anything christian about them...even though they had some lyrics that fell in a christian friendly realm. I have seen videos by 'Christian" bands on tbn that are actually covers of secular songs. Even Rez made a video that got lots of Ztv airplay that was a cover of a "Who" song.

But Rez always said the song was about Jesus to them. It's one of those songs that can go both ways, I guess.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Marvelous 3 question   Marvelous 3 question I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 9:44 pm

According to the ever reliable Wikepedia, the drummer for M3 Jayce Fincher is the musical production go to person at a church in Atlanta and has a middle school ministry. On the flipside, did discover they used to be a glam metal band called Southgang (non-Christian) and sounded pretty good. But as far as Marvelous 3, yeah I don't beleive they were ever really marketed to the Christian music fanbase
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marvelous 3 question   Marvelous 3 question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marvelous 3 question
Page 1 of 1