Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pedro The Lion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9957
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Pedro The Lion Empty
PostSubject: Pedro The Lion   Pedro The Lion I_icon_minitime9/28/2012, 1:33 pm

Anyone like them ?
Someone just gave me pretty much all their albums and as I'm listening, I'm kinda thinking they're a bit boring. Not bad, just kinda boring for my taste.

Have you heard them ? Guess they've played several Cornerstones back in the day.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Pedro The Lion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pedro The Lion   Pedro The Lion I_icon_minitime9/28/2012, 11:43 pm

I used to be a fan but David Bazan crituqued the church in a way I couldn't appreciate. I'm all for exhorting us to be better Christ-followers but he just got downright mean about it. Course, now he's an agnostic...
Back to top Go down

Pedro The Lion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pedro The Lion   Pedro The Lion I_icon_minitime9/29/2012, 8:39 pm

I have heard of them but never heard them.
Back to top Go down

Pedro The Lion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pedro The Lion   Pedro The Lion I_icon_minitime9/30/2012, 12:44 pm

I was just reading an article on David from 2009. Interesting article. One thing that jumped out at me was his on again off again relationship with the Cornerstone Festival. He was invited and did play it after becoming an agnostic. This comment from John Herrin, the festival's director, really caught my attention..
""I know David has a long history of being a seeker and trying to navigate through his faith. Cornerstone is open to that. We welcome plenty of musicians who may not identify themselves as Christians but are artists with an ongoing connection to faith. . . . We're glad to have him back. We don't give up on people; we don't give up on the kids here who are seeking, trying to figure out what they don't believe and what they do. This festival was built on patience."
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Pedro The Lion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pedro The Lion   Pedro The Lion I_icon_minitime10/1/2012, 7:02 am

John Herrin put in a ton of time for the festival... plus, he played for Resurrection Band, so I think he's pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pedro The Lion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pedro The Lion   Pedro The Lion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pedro The Lion
Page 1 of 1