Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blessed By a Broken Heart - Full Album Stream

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Blessed By a Broken Heart - Full Album Stream Empty
PostSubject: Blessed By a Broken Heart - Full Album Stream   Blessed By a Broken Heart - Full Album Stream I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 12:43 am

You can listen to the album in it's full flat-out Awesomeness right here! I've gotta say, if it had come out sometime last year, it would have been right there with Theocracy (not sure it would take over the #1 spot, but it would have been close). So far to me, stand out tracks are Innocent Blood (has one of the best endings I've ever heard), Scream it like you mean it, Shut up and Rock, Skate or Die, Holding Back for Nothing, Forever, Deathwish and Sleepless Nights. You'll probably notice I named over half the album; that should tell you how much I enjoyed this album! Haha

http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/#/11
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By a Broken Heart - Full Album Stream   Blessed By a Broken Heart - Full Album Stream I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 9:40 am

It can be purchased as a digital download from Amazon for $5.99. It does sound really good.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By a Broken Heart - Full Album Stream   Blessed By a Broken Heart - Full Album Stream I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 10:38 am

nazpastor wrote:
It can be purchased as a digital download from Amazon for $5.99. It does sound really good.

Arghhh!!!!! I pre-ordered mine on It***s for 7.99. Oh well, I used a gift card anyway. Razz
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By a Broken Heart - Full Album Stream   Blessed By a Broken Heart - Full Album Stream I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 9:01 pm

I was going to go listen to the stream, but I couldn't pass up that $5.99 download at Amazon (I saw it first in a post from Follower of Jesus over at the CMR). Sadly I don't think I will get a chance to listen to it until tomorrow.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By a Broken Heart - Full Album Stream   Blessed By a Broken Heart - Full Album Stream I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 10:58 pm

I listened to a few clips on Amazon and am wondering whether I should get it or not. There was still a lot of hardcore vocals that I am not a fan of.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By a Broken Heart - Full Album Stream   Blessed By a Broken Heart - Full Album Stream I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 10:19 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I listened to a few clips on Amazon and am wondering whether I should get it or not. There was still a lot of hardcore vocals that I am not a fan of.

I am not a fan of hardcore vocals, and I found that they don't really bother me on this one too much. I have only listened to it all the way through once, but I pretty much liked all of the songs overall. Probably won't be a top player all year long, but it is a pretty strong album to start off with. I will see how it stays with me over time, but I would say check out the stream of the full songs and see what you think of it overall if you question buying.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By a Broken Heart - Full Album Stream   Blessed By a Broken Heart - Full Album Stream I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 10:32 am

alldatndensum wrote:

They're only sprinkled throughout and really only used during a bridge or to emphasize a breakdown. There's nowhere near as much as their last album.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By a Broken Heart - Full Album Stream   Blessed By a Broken Heart - Full Album Stream I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 1:48 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

Alldat - I HATE those vocals, but I love this record. What's that tell you? There is only one song where they make an extended appearance. The song Love Nightmare has the verses sung with hardcore vocals, but the choruses on that song are traditional hooks with BGVs. The rest of the album? The hardcore vocals are very few and far between.

I honestly think you'd love this.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By a Broken Heart - Full Album Stream   Blessed By a Broken Heart - Full Album Stream I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 8:42 am

Y'know...one thing I've noticed that may be important to some is the lack of any Christian lyrics on this record. The band is made up of Christians, but the songs are all (save for one) about romantic relationships or partying/rocking. Now, I don't mind that, but I got interested originally in this band because they were Christian. You'd never know that by this album. Perhaps in the liner notes, they are outspoken, I don't know. And I'm not criticizing them, per se. However, being Christians, it would be good to have some depth to the music in addition to partying all night, you know?

I still love the record because the music is so good, and the lyrics are by no means a problem.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By a Broken Heart - Full Album Stream   Blessed By a Broken Heart - Full Album Stream I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 9:41 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:
Y'know...one thing I've noticed that may be important to some is the lack of any Christian lyrics on this record. The band is made up of Christians, but the songs are all (save for one) about romantic relationships or partying/rocking. Now, I don't mind that, but I got interested originally in this band because they were Christian. You'd never know that by this album. Perhaps in the liner notes, they are outspoken, I don't know. And I'm not criticizing them, per se. However, being Christians, it would be good to have some depth to the music in addition to partying all night, you know?

I still love the record because the music is so good, and the lyrics are by no means a problem.

There's still a few places where it shines through. Like on the song Skate or Die, the bridge says "This open road is my ticket to freedom! Lord guide my path, as I seek your kingdom." And then on the song Innocent Blood, it just depends on how you interpret the lyrics personally but with lines like "Baby you should be in the fire next to me. I can see the truth inside your eyes." and "This blood was mine, but now I live on borrowed time." makes me think he's singing about his faith and he's trying to get whoever he's singing to to join him. And then there's the lines: "But it takes a stronger man...I'm a stronger man. You don't stand a chance" which to me could be interpreted as there's no way you could tear me away from this faith I've found.

I suppose it all just depends on how you interpret their lyrics. This was never meant to be an evangelical album (or even on the Christian market for that matter) but if you dig, you can still find some influences of Tony's faith.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By a Broken Heart - Full Album Stream   Blessed By a Broken Heart - Full Album Stream I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 2:04 pm

I hate to say it but I don't expect obviously Christian lyrics from very many "Christian" rock bands lately.

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By a Broken Heart - Full Album Stream   Blessed By a Broken Heart - Full Album Stream I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blessed By a Broken Heart - Full Album Stream
Page 1 of 1