Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How do you spend your Christmas?

Go down 
+2
alldatndensum
Hardkore
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

How do you spend your Christmas? Empty
PostSubject: How do you spend your Christmas?   How do you spend your Christmas? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 11:34 am

Basically what do you do on Christmas Eve/Day?

After i get up that morning I go over to my folks place for breakfast (usually cinnamon rolls),Skype with my bro and his wife as they live in MN. open a few presents and just sit around and talk for awhile.

Usually every year my church has a Christmas Eve service but seeing as that is Saturday this year and Christmas is Sunday they are just doing a Christmas morning service.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: How do you spend your Christmas?   How do you spend your Christmas? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 12:01 pm

While we have traditionally gotten together with my family first on Christmas morning, my wife's family that afternoon, and opened our own gifts that night, this year things are changing.

On Christmas Eve, we are all gathering together at sabidoo's house to be with my side of the family. We will still get together with my wife's family around lunchtime on Christmas. We haven't decided when my wifey and I will open our gifts.

On the 26, the wifey and I are headed to Orange Beach, AL.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: How do you spend your Christmas?   How do you spend your Christmas? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 12:15 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

On the 26, the wifey and I are headed to Orange Beach, AL.

Hey,you will be going right past me on your way there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you spend your Christmas?   How do you spend your Christmas? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 1:29 pm

Alone with my wife and my little Boston Terrier....the way I like it. Very Happy I think the whole family tradition thing is over-rated. if you knew my family you would understand...pure dysfunction junction. How do you spend your Christmas? 535627 How do you spend your Christmas? 535627

We plan to fix Italian food, kick back in front of a fire and enjoy the peace.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: How do you spend your Christmas?   How do you spend your Christmas? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 2:29 pm

We normally go off and visit the relatives for Christmas, but as our kids are almost at the age of excitment, we've decided to spend Christmas at home! Expect lots of noise on Christmas morning (hopefully not in church though!)

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: How do you spend your Christmas?   How do you spend your Christmas? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 4:48 pm

We have done the same thing for several years now. We get up and gather all the kids in the living room (we have 5 of them again this year). I read the nativity story from the bible, and we discuss why we as Christians celebrate Christmas. The kids open all their presents (us adults usually just watch as we seldom get much if anything). The kids spend much of the rest of the day breaking the stuff they just got and thanking the absent grandparents (over the phone). I tend to alternate spending the entire rest of my day either assembling the "some assembly required" toys, or helping my wife in the kitchen with the large dinner we will feast on.

brokentulsa wrote:
I think the whole family tradition thing is over-rated. if you knew my family you would understand...pure dysfunction junction. How do you spend your Christmas? 535627 How do you spend your Christmas? 535627

I understand you, we had to ban my sister-in-law from most family functions because she tended to drive everybody seriously nuts (even the children avoid her), or she would make people so uncomfortable they would refuse to come if she was there.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: How do you spend your Christmas?   How do you spend your Christmas? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 5:30 pm

Christmas Eve we stay at home.

Christmas day we first go to the Christmas service in church.
The kids are coming for lunch.
Later we make a walk with each other.
My sister who lives abroad stays with us till after new Year.
My old aunt is with us for Christmas dinner.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3876
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: How do you spend your Christmas?   How do you spend your Christmas? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 9:38 am

Normally I attend both Christmas Eve services (first with my family). Growing up we could open 1 present after the late Eve service, but my boys are in bed by the time I get home so we open them all when we get up. We typically have a second family Christmas at my in-laws on whichever weekend day is best for everyone.

This year I plan to be painting trim on Christmas. I'm trying to blitz build Sydney's room while he's in China with my folks. They'll be back here very early Wed, and I still have lots to do. It's about killing me.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you spend your Christmas?   How do you spend your Christmas? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you spend your Christmas?
Page 1 of 1