Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Phone thread

Go down 
+13
Pro-Zak
topshot rhit
Normaniac
MikeInFla
nazpastor
Hardkore
Staybrite
rockerVu2
messiaen77
Driven
sabidoo
alldatndensum
Guilty/Forgiven
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Phone thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2022 9:20 pm

Staybrite wrote:
That sounds like Apple's way of trying to corner the market on cell phones.  I wouldn't put it past them for having something intentional that is incompatible with texting non Apple users.

Mike text me just to see what would happen with his old Moto turned off.  His messages would come through as MMS messages.  I had to convert to SMS to send him a reply.  So, I suggested that he check his settings and switch to SMS.  That seemed to have worked at least for now.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2022 11:03 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
That sounds like Apple's way of trying to corner the market on cell phones.  I wouldn't put it past them for having something intentional that is incompatible with texting non Apple users.

Mike text me just to see what would happen with his old Moto turned off.  His messages would come through as MMS messages.  I had to convert to SMS to send him a reply.  So, I suggested that he check his settings and switch to SMS.  That seemed to have worked at least for now.

I hope that fixes Mike's problem for good.

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2022 2:51 pm

Yep that did the trick! All messages now coming thru on my new phone.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2022 1:57 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I hope that fixes Mike's problem for good.

MikeInFla wrote:
Yep that did the trick! All messages now coming thru on my new phone.

I love a happy ending!

Luckily, my wife had a similar problem with her Moto One Action when we had those.  We went to AT&T and they were able to fix it in her settings quickly.  Then, they unfixed it and handed it back to us and told us how to fix it ourselves right there in the store.

So, while I would like to be all conceited and tell people that I am all that and then some, it was only because someone showed me how to fix it on an older phone that I was able to help Mike.

*****Disclaimer*****

Being "all that and then some" and "alldatndensum" are two totally different things!  While I wish I really were that amazing, I fall seriously short in that department.

lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Staybrite and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2022 5:23 pm

Believe me you seem super smart to me! You fixed it when I couldn’t!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phone thread   Phone thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Phone thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3