Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A boring musical year thus far

Go down 
+7
Staybrite
mr.electric40
silentthunder89
Black Rider
rockerVu2
Driven
alldatndensum
11 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

A boring musical year thus far Empty
PostSubject: A boring musical year thus far   A boring musical year thus far I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 9:59 am

So far, 2011 has been one of the most boring musical years I have seen. If not for reissues, there is almost nothing hitting that generates any interest. Half the year is nearly over, and I usually have bought enough CDs to make it really hard to put together a favorites list at the end of the year. Right now, I only have about 5 discs that I would even do that for this year.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: A boring musical year thus far   A boring musical year thus far I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 11:22 am

Quite true. I haven't bought much *completely new* stuff. Most of it is reissues and stuff from before now.

I'm looking forward to the Menchen album "Electric Saints" though.

What do you think of The Seventh Power "Power And Glory" EP?
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: A boring musical year thus far   A boring musical year thus far I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 12:01 pm

It's true 2011 is till now very boring.
From the CDs I have ordered I can make a top 5.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: A boring musical year thus far   A boring musical year thus far I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 2:54 pm

Quote :

Musically, it's really good. However, I can only stand Bill's vocals for a little while. He has very little range and is almost monotone at times. That hurts his sound.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: A boring musical year thus far   A boring musical year thus far I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 5:11 pm

I totally agree. So far, lots of rumors is all. Hey, have you checked out Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors? They are doing the christians in a band thing but there is nothing bad in the lyrics and you might like the sound.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: A boring musical year thus far   A boring musical year thus far I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 6:18 pm

danielbandfan wrote:
Quite true. I haven't bought much *completely new* stuff. Most of it is reissues and stuff from before now.

I'm looking forward to the Menchen album "Electric Saints" though.

I didn't know they had anything else out after Dominion and Power. I'll have to look that up!
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: A boring musical year thus far   A boring musical year thus far I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 8:16 pm

Yeah there isn't too much NEW stuff that really is getting the ole blood pumping.

The new Jerusalem is pretty good.... I haven't spun the new Reinxeed disc yet....

2010 was so chock full of stuff..... hard to top I guess....

Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: A boring musical year thus far   A boring musical year thus far I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 10:56 pm

I was just thinking the other day that it seemed like a very slow first half. I have bought just over 20 albums this year, and only 6 of them were 2011 releases (one of which is a reissue).

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: A boring musical year thus far   A boring musical year thus far I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 12:22 pm

Totally agree. Hopefully later this year, we'll get the new Sacrificed album.
Back to top Go down
icon_red

icon_red

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: A boring musical year thus far   A boring musical year thus far I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 4:22 pm

Though not "hard rock" in the typical sense (whatever that means) the latest from the Violet Burning is the most rocking modern rock album I have purchased in years...3 discs...30+ songs...some are light, some are heavy and others are just plain amazingly heavy...and don't let the term "modern" throw you off, this is a throwback to glam, metal and beautiful pop music...I can't stop listening.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: A boring musical year thus far   A boring musical year thus far I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 1:34 am

This year I've bought about 14 albums so far. It's been pretty spread out as far as style goes. I've bought some hardcore, a couple pop, a few hip-hop, and some hard rock. There's still quite a few that I'm looking forward to this year such as: August Burns Red, Pete Fuhrler, Phinehas, Burlap to Cashmere, Ashes Remain, 12 Stones, Oh Sleeper, 7th Time Down, and Seventh Day Slumber.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: A boring musical year thus far   A boring musical year thus far I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 2:44 am

Yep, it's been a poor year so far. Nothing stands out as a great album (apart from Sarepta). And 2010 was a great year, so maybe we'll have to wait a while longer before more great albums come out. Theocracy may be out by the end of the year, although how they're talking it looks like it could be 2012. Bride are also supposed to be releasing their new album this summer - but again it's gone a bit quiet on that front and I think it could be next year unless things speed up.

Yes, it's been a quiet year thus far.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: A boring musical year thus far   A boring musical year thus far I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 3:33 pm

silentthunder89 wrote:
......There's still quite a few that I'm looking forward to this year such as: ........ and Seventh Day Slumber.

I didn't know SDS was putting out a new album this year.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: A boring musical year thus far   A boring musical year thus far I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 3:51 pm

Slow year definitely...

But Sarepta makes up for it A boring musical year thus far 737924
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: A boring musical year thus far   A boring musical year thus far I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 3:59 pm

Don't forget the newest Liberty N Justice and Crucible Divine discs. Both are strong projects.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: A boring musical year thus far   A boring musical year thus far I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 4:01 pm

Haven't heard L&J's yet.

I was just thinking (which is rare for me), if there were no more new albums ever, I still wouldn't have enough time to listen to all my music

affraid

I have a grand total of 57,671 songs (not counting my vinyl collection)

My Christian music collection alone is over 42,000 songs

affraid affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: A boring musical year thus far   A boring musical year thus far I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 4:32 pm

Staybrite wrote:
silentthunder89 wrote:
......There's still quite a few that I'm looking forward to this year such as: ........ and Seventh Day Slumber.

I didn't know SDS was putting out a new album this year.

Yep! It's gonna be called The Anthem of Angels. I don't think they have an actual date yet, but I'd guess it would be late this year. They just finished mixing the album a couple weeks ago. According to their facebook, they're going to be releasing a preview of a new song sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: A boring musical year thus far   A boring musical year thus far I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 3:01 am

The Fall Of Vegas could be good. They say it's a Supergroup, so it'll be interesting to hear the first lot of samples. Mind you, it may not be out until next year so it's a mute point anyway.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: A boring musical year thus far   A boring musical year thus far I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 7:35 am

The Fall Of Vegas is all hype for now. I haven't heard anything recorded yet.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: A boring musical year thus far   A boring musical year thus far I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 12:03 am

Crucible Divine has so much potential but isn't quite there for me.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: A boring musical year thus far   A boring musical year thus far I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 3:20 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Crucible Divine has so much potential but isn't quite there for me.

I've only listened to it once, but I thought it was pretty decent.....maybe not "top 10" material, but good.

What I was less than impressed with was HB's 2010 release "Jesus Metal Explosion". Only listened to it once but not nearly as enamored with it as I was with "Frozen.."

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: A boring musical year thus far   A boring musical year thus far I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 4:25 pm

Right now, there isn't much to fill the top 10 of a list. Crucible Divine vies for that spot because the competition is slim this year.

Actually, I like the latest HB more than the first one.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: A boring musical year thus far   A boring musical year thus far I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 5:31 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

Actually, I like the latest HB more than the first one.

Your not the only one I have heard say that. Something about the "stacatto style" vocal delivery on some of the songs has me a little bummed.

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: A boring musical year thus far   A boring musical year thus far I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 7:53 pm

Make sure you pick up the Crossforce disc when it comes out....

Great Christian Metal with a blatant Christian Message....

Great Musicanship, Songs, Melodies and Lyrics....

These were demo's originally but Cliffy has remastered them and they sound pretty darn good!!

I'll admit I'm biased because I always thought they should've been signed back in the day but were passed over...

Rock Until the Final Day.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A boring musical year thus far   A boring musical year thus far I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A boring musical year thus far
Page 1 of 1