Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!

Go down 
+14
Staybrite
MikeInFla
steelguitar01
Oldiesmann
mr.electric40
nazpastor
Guilty/Forgiven
topshot rhit
Driven
dale434445
alldatndensum
Black Rider
silentthunder89
Timshell64
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Timshell64

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! Empty
PostSubject: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 2:06 pm

I was wondering does anyone know of any good Southern Rock Christian Bands that have Cds out?

Thanks
Timshell64

I know about Brim and Decemberadio.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 2:48 pm

Mainline Riders, Fighting Instinct have a lot of southern rock influences, Big Dismal, Crosswire is a real good one, The newest Day of Fire (Losing All) has a lot of southern rock influence, Ember is another great one, Third Day, and Ken Tamplin are just some of the ones I can think of.

Also, depending on how hard you like your music, these bands are really good southern metal/hardcore bands: Embracing goodbye, Maylene and the sons of disaster.

I'll see if I can find some more when I get home from church.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 5:00 pm

Needtobreathe has some southern rock influence.
Back to top Go down
Timshell64

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 5:35 pm

Thank you very much I greatly appreciate it!!!!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 7:38 pm

Third Day and Needtobreathe are going to be the two biggest bands that you will encounter.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 9:39 pm

The bands listed above have southern influences, but to me they are not southern rock. Southern rock to me is Lynyrd Skynyrd, Blackfoot, Molly Hatchet etc. I do not know of any in Christian Music.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 4:31 am

Third Day fits as southern rock at its roots was a mix of rock and country. Third Day definitely fits that bill--especially on their two latest albums. You'll even hear some steel guitar and banjo on a couple of songs.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 1:16 pm

Does Vision count?
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 1:20 pm

If they have southern influence and are rock bands I think they can qualify. Southern rock has morphed like all other styles.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 1:32 pm

If Lynyrd Skynyrd is Southern rock, then so is Vision.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 7:47 pm

For bands with currently available CDs, keeping in mind I've been out of the scene for 2 years now, those that have a southern feel not mentioned yet are Seemless and The Showdown's Temptation Come My Way.

topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 7:20 am

DecembeRadio is another.

Timshell

PostSubject: Thanks everyone   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 6:13 pm

I agree when I think of Southern Rock I think of Skynyrd and the like. But I thank you guys because i found some great new music.   So I greatly appreciate it.
God Bless Everybody

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 5:42 am

You should also check out Mission of One, the somewhat solo project of our illustrious forum owner. Being from TN, it has to sound southern. Razz

Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 9:06 am

Some of Mylon Lefevre's stuff mirrors old school southern rock
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 1:37 pm

Def check out the Perry Case Band, too. They are from Mt. Vernon, IL, I think so not too far away.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 1:48 pm

Quote :
DecembeRadio is another.

With their new indie EP, southern rock is definitely where Decemberadio is. They've shed the modern rock vibe completely.

Quote :
You should also check out Mission of One, the somewhat solo project of
our illustrious forum owner. Being from TN, it has to sound southern.

If I EVER finish the new CD, I hope to shatter that opinion.

Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 8:08 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Def check out the Perry Case Band, too. They are from Mt. Vernon, IL, I think so not too far away.

Never heard of them and I live 25 miles from Mt. Vernon. Will have to try to find something out about them.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 9:23 pm

Sorry, it's Mt Carmel, not Mt. Vernon.

nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 8:11 am

topshot rhit wrote:
Sorry, it's Mt Carmel, not Mt. Vernon.

[url=http://www.myspace.com/perrycaseband

OK, Mt. Carmel is a bit further away. I was kinda surpised that I hadn't even heard of this band if they were in Mt. Vernon. I get contacted a lot of the time by bands who are looking to book shows in the area, and had never heard from this one. I do like their sound though. Thanks for the link.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 4:53 pm

Definitely

Vision - Mountain in the Sky
Vision - s/t
Vision - Streetfighter

Billy Powell from Skynyrd played on all three of their releases... Leon Wilkinson played on 'Mountain'....

Their sound reminds me a bit more of 38 Special.... good solid stuff! with solid Christian lyrics!

Rockin'
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 11:20 pm

First group that came to my mind when I saw this topic. Surprised nobody else mentioned them...

Also check out DecembeRadio - not hard rock, but still southern and very good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:52 pm

Greg Chaisson

Back to top Go down
steelguitar01

steelguitar01

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 2:02 pm

Check out my friend Donnie's band. He may be a little too country for you, not sure, but there's some really good guitar work and it may have enough "Southern" in it. Check it out....... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.sterlingkoch.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 10:15 pm

Give F.O.G. a try. Not really southern, but kinda. More blues based but they have that classic rock sound down pat. I don't have the release but it is awesome. I think they disbanded.

Also, Rex Carroll's solo album "That Was Then, This Is Now" reminds me of Stevie Ray or ZZ Top.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!   Hard Southern Rock       Christian of Course lol!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hard Southern Rock Christian of Course lol!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next