Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Music for ya-Day Seven

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

New Music for ya-Day Seven Empty
PostSubject: New Music for ya-Day Seven   New Music for ya-Day Seven I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 11:28 am

Sounds pretty good. Your pretty standard Hard Rock/Modern Rock ban for fans of the usuals, Decyfer Down,Skillet, and the lot

http://daysevenband.com/
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New Music for ya-Day Seven   New Music for ya-Day Seven I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 12:15 pm

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG!!!!!!

Another "seven" band!!!!

They do sound pretty decent though.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Music for ya-Day Seven   New Music for ya-Day Seven I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 9:33 am

I'm liking the sound, but they are almost exactly like Decyfer Down.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: New Music for ya-Day Seven   New Music for ya-Day Seven I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 3:03 pm

I found this small review on JesusFreakHideout.com:

Quote :
If you're a musician coming out of the state of Georgia, chances are you're either a southern gospel group or a hip hop artist. That is, unless you're Day Seven, then you're a modern rock band trying to get their hope-filled tunes into the hands and hearts of others. They've recently released their first full-length record, Decisions. Musically, the album wastes no time getting into their brand of modern rock music. Decisions has its share of ballads and softer rock songs, but the majority of it is defined by driving guitar lines (including some guitar solos courtesy of lead guitarist Phillip Alexander) with matching bass and some skillful drumming. The music seems like they put a lot of effort into it, though most of the songs seem to be borrowed from other modern rock bands - like Red, Since October, Decyfer Down and more. There are even hints of Collective Soul and a mild, mild dash of Alice In Chains in the song "Expecting Grace." Chad Davis's vocals also follow suit. You can listen to his singing and feel that he's sincere in what he's singing and what he believes in, but it leaves me wishing for more. While his voice is strong, it's also one that would be difficult to pick out in the midst of some other rock voices. Of course, that also means that they're able to hold their ground with other bigger names, and can probably land a major record deal with ease. But with their sound the way it currently is, they may not make any memorable music. I was caught off guard (and pleasantly surprised) to hear some harsh screams in the song "Truth." The majority of the song is normal Day Seven material, but at the end of the song, Davis screams his way through it, and it actually sounds pretty fantastic. We also get a little bit more of those screams in the chorus of "Ante Meridiem," though they're rather quiet and pushed way into the background. They do reappear, more noticeably so, later in the song, again sounding great. Day Seven is a talented band; while Decisions may not display that talent in its fullness, they definitely are capable of writing some amazing music. If I could make a recommendation, I would say to maybe try some harder music that incorporates a lot more screaming. It's in those harder instances that I feel like the album is where it's at its best and the band sounds most comfortable. Until then, we're left with Decisions as a good-but-could-be-better debut from a rock band we'll probably be hearing more from soon.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Music for ya-Day Seven   New Music for ya-Day Seven I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 8:52 am

I bought the download of this from Amazon after really listening to the clips. Day Seven really sound like a mix of Decyfer Down and Decemberadio. I'm really liking this.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Music for ya-Day Seven   New Music for ya-Day Seven I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Music for ya-Day Seven
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: