Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help finding a band ...

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
theoriginalironman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
theoriginalironman

theoriginalironman

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-11-29

Help finding a band ... Empty
PostSubject: Help finding a band ...   Help finding a band ... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 3:19 pm

You guys know of any Christian Hard Rock bands closer to the styles of Breaking Benjamin, Staind, or Alice in Chains? A lot of the guys I work with like that music, but most of the bands I like like For Today and The Ascendicate have too much screaming and super-heavy riffs for their taste and I'm trying to get them drawn to listen to some music that's actually good for them.

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a band ...   Help finding a band ... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:49 pm

For the grungy AIC type sound give Forevertree a try.

http://www.myspace.com/forevertreeawakened

theoriginalironman

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a band ...   Help finding a band ... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 5:22 pm

Wow, thanks! Any idea on where I can get the album?
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a band ...   Help finding a band ... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 6:27 pm

There are plenty in the modern rock realm that fit those bands, bands like Skillet, Red, Decyfer Down, Since October (who actully cover AIC on thier new album), Disciple.
You can try a band I came acrossed awhile back called Dark From Day One
www.myspace.com/darkfromdayonerox

That's just a start
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a band ...   Help finding a band ... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 9:12 pm

theoriginalironman wrote:
Wow, thanks! Any idea on where I can get the album?

They have it at Amazon, but CD Baby has it for a better price.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/forevertree2

theoriginalironman

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a band ...   Help finding a band ... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 9:23 pm

I found it , thank you very much
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a band ...   Help finding a band ... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:01 am

Forevertree will have a new album out soon according to their Facebook. Of course, it only took 13 years for their 2nd, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Also, for that grungy sound, the new Grammatrain CD will work. Even though Pete Stewart no longer considers himself a Christian, much of the lyrics for this project were written when he was still a practicing believer. Even the newer songs were written so that the band's original audience would still find meaning. You can download the new album for $8 at Amazon or get the CD from the band's website.

Other than that, grunge is mostly dead. It seems like the metal half of the grunge scene went back to making metal, and the other half went modern alternative/modern rock.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3876

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a band ...   Help finding a band ... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:20 am

Torn is another that comes to mind. I know Blastbeats (now out of business I think) had them for $2. It was from late 90s. Drowning was likely the most popular song. The older Grammatrain albums are also grungy. Anything else I doubt you'll find at any store. It's too old so used/Ebay would be you're only hope.

Oh, I just remembered Seemless is a fairly recent band that had a bluesy, grungy sound. Formed by Jesse Leach of Killswitch Engage.

As others have said, there's LOTS of decent modern rock bands out there. I know what AIC sounded like but not the other 2 you mentioned.

Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a band ...   Help finding a band ... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 4:52 am

Torn! Loved their album(s).

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a band ...   Help finding a band ... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 7:04 pm

Fundy wrote:

Fundy

So did I. It was one of those albums that came out of nowhere and was really good. I don't know much about production but the only thing I didn't like about it was I thought that on a couple of the songs, the music overlaped the vocals
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a band ...   Help finding a band ... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 7:28 pm

ChosenOne wrote:
Fundy wrote:

Fundy

So did I. It was one of those albums that came out of nowhere and was really good. I don't know much about production but the only thing I didn't like about it was I thought that on a couple of the songs, the music overlaped the vocals

The production was a little weak, but it is a great album, especially for a one-man project. Some really good songs on that disc.

Number of posts : 3876

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a band ...   Help finding a band ... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:28 pm

Yeah, the production was weak. There was clipping in some spots, too.

Torn has multiple releases? I looked and looked for anything else by him and only found the one.

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a band ...   Help finding a band ... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 4:46 pm

I always thought there was only one Torn album.

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a band ...   Help finding a band ... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help finding a band ...
Page 1 of 1