Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Praise Band

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

The Praise Band Empty
PostSubject: The Praise Band   The Praise Band I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:39 am

When I was a mere infant in the Lord, I bought the 1st 4 Maranatha "The Praise Band" cassettes. I wore these out praising and worshiping God with them... today these tapes are messed up. I was able to record most of the songs from the tapes to CD, but am missing some.

I was going to replace all 4 by getting CDs... however, when I went to Amazon for them, they wanted 20, 40, 50 bucks for some them - even on cassette theyre charging wayyyy too much. Not sure why, I was hoping to pay a couple bucks, or even download them somewhere, but am not having any luck.

If you have them or know where I can download them, lemme know.
Here's my collection page that shows which songs I'm missing = [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks !
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

The Praise Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Praise Band   The Praise Band I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 2:35 pm

I actually have all 10 of the Praise Band releases before Maranatha stopped this long running series. Shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do to help you out.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

The Praise Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Praise Band   The Praise Band I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:36 pm

So, since the Praise Band no longer releases new music, what other worship projects do you buy?

Although there are some actual bands I do get, as far as worship projects with multiple writers and songs, I usually get two main ones a year. I usually pick up the annual Passion worship disc, and the latest from Hillsongs United. I used to like the regular Hillsong stuff, but it got to sounding all the same to me. I like the youth stuff more.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

The Praise Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Praise Band   The Praise Band I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 11:09 am

First I thought the praise trend amongst CCM was cool (MWS, Newsboys, and pretty much every other ccm artist)... then as I began buying and listening to them... they seemed to me rather similar - a lack of creativity. That's why I like Dave Crowder - their p&w is unique and memorable. Sonic is the same... you finish an album and sing the songs all day long.

I'd like to hear less of the same p&w songs at church and more ccm songs that are easy to sing and praise and worship just the same. For example, Third Day's "Your love oh Lord (Ps.36)"- great song that's not in the p&w "category", but would be a nice break from "I can only imagine" for the millionth time.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

The Praise Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Praise Band   The Praise Band I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 11:11 am

Quote :
the latest from Hillsongs United. I used to like the regular Hillsong stuff, but it got to sounding all the same to me

to this day, i still havent heard Hillsong... I'm gonna hafta itunes them and listen to some of their stuff.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

The Praise Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Praise Band   The Praise Band I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 12:11 pm

Half of what my church plays on Sunday mornings for P&W seems to come from the Hillsong catalog. I can't say that I am much of a fan of most of it.

Admin
alldatndensum

The Praise Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Praise Band   The Praise Band I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 7:55 am

I like the HIllsong United stuff. I stopped buying the Darlene Zcheche stuff years ago and never play what I have.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

The Praise Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Praise Band   The Praise Band I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 11:02 am

Quote :
Half of what my church plays on Sunday mornings for P&W seems to come from the Hillsong catalog.

In our church we sing a lot of Hillsong too.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

The Praise Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Praise Band   The Praise Band I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 9:48 pm

At the church we are currently at, we have done ONE Hillsong tune in the 13 months we've been there, and that was as a special by the choir. Our church is SO traditional.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Praise Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Praise Band   The Praise Band I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Praise Band
Page 1 of 1