Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Windows 7

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dreams

Dreams

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Windows 7 Empty
PostSubject: Windows 7   Windows 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 1:46 pm

I purchased Windows 7 Professional on the 12th, which is when the OEM version hit the markets in Germany. I fell in love with the OS ever since the RC version. There are a few bugs that need to be worked out, but they are just minor irritations. One program, Directory Opus, that I used often with Vista caused Windows 7 to freeze up on several occasions. The reason I bought it was because of Vista's file transfer/deletion hiccups. The problems are gone with 7, so uninstalling the program was no big deal. One thing I wish Microsoft would do is hire an icon design team. I hate Microsoft's choice of icons...since Windows 3.1 Microsoft has insisted on integrateing icons that a monkey could design. Every OS out there today has better icons. You would think they would of given up on the .ico format by now and started using .png, which would allow designers to make higher resolution icons than the present format.

My desktop

Windows 7 Unbenannt
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Windows 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7   Windows 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 3:37 pm

Cool looking desktop background!

Dreams

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Windows 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7   Windows 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 2:50 pm

Couple of minor glitches. If you change the "trash" icon from the original system icon to a custom one, the icon will not automatically refresh when the trash bin is full or emptied. There is a registry hack for this which works, but it will be an inconvenience for those who are not familiar with the registry. Also, if for some reason you decide you don't want the shortcut arrows on your icons, erasing the registry key that controls the arrows will cause two problems. The system will not recognize the icons as shortcuts and thus will not allow the user to pin them to the task bar or the new start menu. Windows 7 only allows shortcuts to be pinned. I'm sure there is a registry work around for this, but I haven't found it yet. Another thing that Microsoft should have added, is a Windows Explorer dual window view. Having two windows open when transfering or comparing files is a pain.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3875
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Windows 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7   Windows 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:57 pm

I'll still stick with XP as long as possible.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Windows 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7   Windows 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 6:06 am

Now that they've released 2 versions of Windows since XP, it will just be a matter of months before they quit doing security updates. That's the way they force people into getting the new versions.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Windows 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7   Windows 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 5:34 pm

When they quit to do security updates for XP we have to buy Microsoft 7.
I liked XP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Windows 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7   Windows 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windows 7
Page 1 of 1