Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Runaway City

Go down 
+2
alldatndensum
silentthunder89
6 posters
AuthorMessage
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Runaway City Empty
PostSubject: Runaway City   Runaway City I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:56 pm

This band has risen from the remnants of the bands Chasing Daylight, Layden, and Fighting Instinct. Their sound mostly resembles that of Fighting Instinct though. They have a hard in-your-face sound with crunchy guitars and melodic vocals. They sound like a bunch of pros from the recordings on their myspace. You can listen to them here:

http://www.myspace.com/runawaycity
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Runaway City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runaway City   Runaway City I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 8:41 am

Now that's good stuff right there! I hope they do a full length CD very soon. I definitely would be interested in getting that!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Runaway City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runaway City   Runaway City I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 2:58 pm

Seems like all these new bands that are cropping up are coming out with EP's rather than full length. I don't like Ep's.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Runaway City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runaway City   Runaway City I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 3:37 pm

A possible reason could be a bunch of these new bands that are coming out with EPs instead of albums just don't quite have the money to produce a full album. Selling an EP is a good way of putting your name out there and making some quick cash to go towards making an album.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Runaway City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runaway City   Runaway City I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 5:43 pm

ChosenOne wrote:
Seems like all these new bands that are cropping up are coming out with EP's rather than full length. I don't like Ep's.

You and Alldat are both EP haters.

I don't mind them at all, but they better be "value priced". I'm not paying $13 for an album with only four or five songs on it. I would also expect the band to pour out their heart and soul in those few songs (no filler).
But I expect Silentthunder is correct, it is probably much cheaper to record four great songs in less than half the studio time and get it out to the public to see if there is enough interest to spend the money on a full length effort.
Whatever the reason it certainly seems like a lot of young bands are going that route lately.

Staybrite

Runaway City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runaway City   Runaway City I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 5:44 pm

Oh this does sound pretty darn good btw.
Thumbs Up

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Runaway City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runaway City   Runaway City I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 6:01 pm

I just don't like the fact that most are just to short. I understand the money part of it, it just leaves me wanting more. There is a band that's been discussed here called Silverline. They just signed to VSR music group and are releasing thier first cd nationally in Sept. I have seen that the album is 9 songs long and considered an "ep". Why not at least re-mix or add more songs to make it a full length.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Runaway City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runaway City   Runaway City I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 7:21 pm

ChosenOne wrote:
There is a band that's been discussed here called Silverline. They just signed to VSR music group and are releasing thier first cd nationally in Sept. I have seen that the album is 9 songs long and considered an "ep". Why not at least re-mix or add more songs to make it a full length.

See now I wouldn't even consider a 9 song album and EP (even if it was under 40 minutes). I still remember the old days (way back in the 70's and 80's) when you would only get 8 or 9 songs for an LP. I know the trend nowadays is to release 13, 14, and even up to like 17 songs on an album (depending upon the length of the songs). But it seems like that mentality just leaves us with too much "filler" that I end up having to skip when I play the cd.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Runaway City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runaway City   Runaway City I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 7:08 am

Even though I hate iTunes, I'll probably get these songs there. At least there is an option for not paying for a CD that isn't full but takes up as much storage space!

I know that bands & labels are doing more and more EPs. Soon, that's probably all you'll get. Why should the artists signed to major labels continue to record full albums as CDs are pushed out of the mainstream? Since kids buy one to two songs per album as MP3s, the labels will shift to just paying to do those. Less money involved, and you only have to put out the best material that way.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Runaway City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runaway City   Runaway City I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 9:54 am

"Outta My Head" NEEDS to be on mainstream rock radio! That could TOTALLY compete with all the heavyweights of the industry right now - Nickelback, Alter Bridge, all of them! MAN that song was hooky, but also had plenty of bottom end. This is good stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Runaway City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runaway City   Runaway City I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:08 am

I just found out that Runaway City is in the same Motley Crue contest that Ultimatum is in. I also found out they just made the top 5 cut.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Runaway City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runaway City   Runaway City I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 11:40 pm

They just posted on their status on Myspace that they won the Motley Crue contest and are opening for them this Sunday!!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Runaway City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runaway City   Runaway City I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 8:51 am

Listening to Runawasy City.
The first song sounds great.

Again a band who's releasing an EP.
I prefer full length CDs much more.
But it seems what teenagers like is more important.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Runaway City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runaway City   Runaway City I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 4:04 pm

silentthunder89 wrote:
They just posted on their status on Myspace that they won the Motley Crue contest and are opening for them this Sunday!!

That's awesome to hear! Hopefully they'll be able to reach a wide audience & get their name out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Staybrite

Staybrite

Runaway City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runaway City   Runaway City I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 8:18 pm

MetalFRO wrote:
silentthunder89 wrote:

That's awesome to hear! Hopefully they'll be able to reach a wide audience & get their name out.

I agree with MetalFRO, hope it gives them some great exposure, and maybe they can share their faith with the M.C. guys backstage.

Runaway City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runaway City   Runaway City I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Runaway City
Page 1 of 1