Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Movies you've seen at the cinema more than once!

Go down 
+4
Dreams
Staybrite
alldatndensum
Fundy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Movies you've seen at the cinema more than once! Empty
PostSubject: Movies you've seen at the cinema more than once!   Movies you've seen at the cinema more than once! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 12:34 pm

Following on from Alldats comment about seeing Planet Of The Apes more than once in the cinema, how many films have people been to see more than once.

I can name all the ones I've seen, as there's only 3!

1 - Lord Of The Rings - The Fellowship Of The Ring. Saw this film twice.
2 - Lord Of The Rings - The Two Towers. Saw this film thrice!.
3 - Lord Of The Rings - The Return Of The King. Saw this film twice.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Movies you've seen at the cinema more than once!   Movies you've seen at the cinema more than once! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 12:36 pm

Planet of the Apes (remake)
Star Trek (the new one)
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight

That's it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Movies you've seen at the cinema more than once!   Movies you've seen at the cinema more than once! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 4:01 pm

I'm not sure I have ever done this, but my wife has done it several times. Sometimes she will go see one by herself and then insist that I (or the kids) join her to watch it again. Here are few I know for a fact she has seen in the theater more than once.

Dirty Dancing
Labyrinth (that old 80's move with David Bowie and a very young Jennifer Connely).
Titanic
The most recent Indiana Jones

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Movies you've seen at the cinema more than once!   Movies you've seen at the cinema more than once! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 4:02 pm

Oh man I just remembered I did see Mel Gibson's "The Passion of Christ" twice in the movie theater

Dreams

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Movies you've seen at the cinema more than once!   Movies you've seen at the cinema more than once! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 4:48 pm

Are you guys kidding?

I was 12 when Star Wars hit the theater. When the movie arrived at one of the many dollar theaters I saw it a total of 8 times. I was 14 when Alien came out and I saw it 4 times.

Rocky...3
Tommy...3 or 4 times
Conan...2
Aliens...2
Terminator...3

There's a bunch more. I guess I'm a few years older than most of you. When Rocky and Star Wars came out, home video cassettes were virtually unheard of. The only way to see a movie more than once without paying the normal $3.50 was to wait until it hit the dollar theaters. And at age 12 I was already a film buff, so I spent a lot of time at the movies.

Last edited by Dreams on Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Movies you've seen at the cinema more than once!   Movies you've seen at the cinema more than once! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 6:59 pm

Well you are a few years older than me, but I was stuck in Germany when Star Wars came out. We moved back to the states very late in the year of 1977, and I missed the movie in it's first run. I was actually lucky to catch it once when it was making it's second or third run in the theaters. I almost didn't get to see it.

And for all you youngsters know this.... There was no way for me to see this movie other than in the theater. It would not soon be released to DVD or VHS because neither of them existed yet. As a matter of fact the movie wasn't even aired on television until 1984! (according to wikipedia)

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Movies you've seen at the cinema more than once!   Movies you've seen at the cinema more than once! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:31 pm

None.

Only repeat movies for me have been on video tape/dvd.

I'm too cheap.

Surprised (that gives me an idea for another thread)
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Movies you've seen at the cinema more than once!   Movies you've seen at the cinema more than once! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 8:40 am

I didn't see Star Wars until I was a teenager. In '77 when it came out, I was only 8. My dad didn't take us to the movies. I borrowed the novels at the library many times, but did not see the actual film probably until '83 or '84. Even then, I had to pay to rent them from our brand new video store that I only had to walk 3 miles to get there.

Believe it or not, the only movie my dad ever took me to see was "The Search For Spock". That's what started my Star Trek fascination.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Movies you've seen at the cinema more than once!   Movies you've seen at the cinema more than once! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 12:14 pm

I remember standing in a line that stretched all the way around the 4 corners of the theater in 77 with my mom and her brother to see star wars... I had the whole movie already memorized cuz I collected the entire bubble gum card collection before seeing the actual movie.. It was a major event in my life and I remember it like yesterday even though i was only 7.
Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Movies you've seen at the cinema more than once!   Movies you've seen at the cinema more than once! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 9:13 pm

I saw The Empire Strikes Back at least seven times as the original and again when the re-release came out.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Movies you've seen at the cinema more than once!   Movies you've seen at the cinema more than once! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:21 am

I'm not the person that often goes to the cinema to watch a movie.
When I go to the movie it's always to watch a new movie.

On TV I've seen Greece and Dirty Dancing more than 2 times.
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Movies you've seen at the cinema more than once!   Movies you've seen at the cinema more than once! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:38 pm

None.

I don't often go to the theater. I believe the last movie I saw in theaters was The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Before that I saw 2 of the Lord of the Rings movies and Star Wars 1. I did see the Veggie tales movie in the theater and Finding Nemo I believe. That is the comprehensive list of movies I have gone to the theater for in the past 8 years or so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies you've seen at the cinema more than once!   Movies you've seen at the cinema more than once! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movies you've seen at the cinema more than once!
Page 1 of 1