Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Quick UP update: Incarnate gets an album title

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Thomas

Thomas

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2007-05-20

Quick UP update: Incarnate gets an album title Empty
PostSubject: Quick UP update: Incarnate gets an album title   Quick UP update: Incarnate gets an album title I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 1:28 am

Well, a decision has been made....

The Retroactive Records release of the new Incarnate album (expected to release in the Fall) which was initially releaed as a self titled album, will be given an album title.

Henceforth, the debut full-length Incarnate album shall be known as "Reclamation". This title will appear on the RR release of the CD. I'm debating whether to add this title onto the Unforsaken Productions version, which will still be available until the RR version is released. What do you guys think? Add the title, or keep it as a self-titled for now?
Back to top Go down
http://www.unforsaken.ca
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Quick UP update: Incarnate gets an album title   Quick UP update: Incarnate gets an album title I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 9:00 am

If you are still selling the CD without that title, then I would not add it to the website. I would, however, be sure and let people know closer to the RR release that this is the same album reissued.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Quick UP update: Incarnate gets an album title   Quick UP update: Incarnate gets an album title I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 7:03 pm

I say keep it as self-titled. That way there will be something different with each release.

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Quick UP update: Incarnate gets an album title   Quick UP update: Incarnate gets an album title I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 11:40 pm

Quote from Alldat: "If you are still selling the CD without that title..."

Well that's my point - I'm wondering if I should add the album title to the current version of the album or just leave it until the RR release.

Staybrite says leave it. Any other thoughts?
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Quick UP update: Incarnate gets an album title   Quick UP update: Incarnate gets an album title I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:12 pm

My thought is to keep the CD self titled.
I think when the CD is reissued by RR and they will give the CD an other name it only is confusing.
Keep a new name for a new CD.
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Quick UP update: Incarnate gets an album title   Quick UP update: Incarnate gets an album title I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:07 am

The RR release IS getting the album title... my question is if I should change the UP version to include the album title.

Anyway, general concensus seems to be that I should leave the UP release as a S/T album, even though it's the same album as the future RR release, so that's what I'll do.

BTW Yvonne - you had a thread in the "General Store" section about a Rob Rock CD you wanted to get rid of... since you haven't ordered the Incarnate CD yet, how about a straight trade? ...if it's still available, that is...

_
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Quick UP update: Incarnate gets an album title   Quick UP update: Incarnate gets an album title I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 8:55 am

Thomas, the Rob Rock CD is not available for trade anymore.
Sorry. I decided to keep this CD.

Thomas what I tried to tell you is.
When the Incarnate CD is released at RR you should have to keep the title of the album self titled.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Quick UP update: Incarnate gets an album title   Quick UP update: Incarnate gets an album title I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:24 am

Personally, I'd add the title. I think there will be more confusion with thinking it's a different CD (or even a different band of the same name) otherwise. I'm surprised you're still allowed to sell it actually if you signed with RR since it will hurt his sales.

Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Quick UP update: Incarnate gets an album title   Quick UP update: Incarnate gets an album title I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 1:42 pm

Trust me, the quantity that I sell will not affect the RR release.

But as for the title, yeah, that was my initial thought too, but since a number of copies already went out without a title, I thought I'd see what the "general public" thought about it.

The statement has been made by a few people on the CMR that leaving it as a S/T will add to the collectibility... I guess they mean in regards to an alternate version of the same album floating around out there... kinda like how some people will buy the US release of a CD but then still want the Japanese or Euro import because it has different artwork and a bonus track.

_
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Quick UP update: Incarnate gets an album title   Quick UP update: Incarnate gets an album title I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 1:55 pm

Quote from rockerVu2: "When the Incarnate CD is released at RR you should have to keep the title of the album self titled."

No choice - they wanted it to have a title... they felt it would sell better with an album title.

_
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Quick UP update: Incarnate gets an album title   Quick UP update: Incarnate gets an album title I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:14 pm

Thomas wrote:
The statement has been made by a few people on the CMR that leaving it as a S/T will add to the collectibility... I guess they mean in regards to an alternate version of the same album floating around out there... kinda like how some people will buy the US release of a CD but then still want the Japanese or Euro import because it has different artwork and a bonus track.
Then I'd do something along those lines. Change the artwork, swap a track with a new one, etc. Then you can be just like Rob Rock. Smile

Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Quick UP update: Incarnate gets an album title   Quick UP update: Incarnate gets an album title I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:00 am

Actually, that's exactly what's going to be happening - the RR release will have all new artwork... and as for the rest... well, I'm not sure how much I'm supposed to say right now... let's just say that the main concept part (most) of the recording will be remaining the same...

_
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick UP update: Incarnate gets an album title   Quick UP update: Incarnate gets an album title I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quick UP update: Incarnate gets an album title
Page 1 of 1