Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crossing Music / Shaver Audio .

Go down 
+3
MetalFRO
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Crossing Music / Shaver Audio . Empty
PostSubject: Crossing Music / Shaver Audio .   Crossing Music / Shaver Audio . I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:56 am

Has anyone recently ordered at this distro?
I know there were problems with Crossing Music and a lot of stuff is on Shaver Audio now.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Music / Shaver Audio .   Crossing Music / Shaver Audio . I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:16 am

Shaver bought out Crossing. He is little by little moving all the inventory from Crossing onto his site. I would look for the Crossing website to go bye-bye in the future.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Music / Shaver Audio .   Crossing Music / Shaver Audio . I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:30 am

Crossing Music a place where you can trade CDs.
I have some CDs I will trade.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Music / Shaver Audio .   Crossing Music / Shaver Audio . I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:21 am

Actually, he has always owned both sites, has he not? I think he started Crossing as a way to sell more mainstream/CCM stuff and keep Shaver just for hard rock/metal and related music. When Crossing fell through due to "lack of interest" he sort of decided to absorb the two together, from what I understand. Of course, that could be heresay, but I think I remember reading something a long while back about that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Music / Shaver Audio .   Crossing Music / Shaver Audio . I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 2:44 pm

MetalFRO wrote:
Actually, he has always owned both sites, has he not? I think he started Crossing as a way to sell more mainstream/CCM stuff and keep Shaver just for hard rock/metal and related music. When Crossing fell through due to "lack of interest" he sort of decided to absorb the two together, from what I understand. Of course, that could be heresay, but I think I remember reading something a long while back about that.

No, Brian did not start Crossing Music, he bought it. It was started by someone on the East Coast if I remember correctly. I can't remember where it was now. Anyhow, Brian started Shaver Audio and Video several years back and it was mostly hard music. He bought Crossing and there were problems with the webstore server. Last time I talked with Brian, he was trying to get it all unified, but it is very time consuming and he has some health issues that slow him down. That was a year of so back.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Music / Shaver Audio .   Crossing Music / Shaver Audio . I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 3:05 pm

Brian pretty much got screwed on the deal of buying Crossing. It was a big mess. His health issues have also compounded that. Great guy to work with though.

nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Music / Shaver Audio .   Crossing Music / Shaver Audio . I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 3:14 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Brian pretty much got screwed on the deal of buying Crossing. It was a big mess. His health issues have also compounded that. Great guy to work with though.

I know he had a horrible time getting all of the inventory to Indiana and such. For a while I think he tried to own it and ship from wherever it was set-up and that was a disaster for him. From the contact information listed on the Crossing Music site, it would appear he now has it all in Indiana and I know the last order I got from there shipped from Indiana. Brian is a great guy and I have nothing but good to say about working with him. If anyone ever has a problem, he is great to respond and work it out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Music / Shaver Audio .   Crossing Music / Shaver Audio . I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 11:22 pm

Brian Shaver is a REALLY cool guy to do business with! God's Blessings and healing to him, and God's Blessings to his family! Cool cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
fishingd

fishingd

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Music / Shaver Audio .   Crossing Music / Shaver Audio . I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 6:35 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Brian pretty much got screwed on the deal of buying Crossing. It was a big mess.

That is not true!!! Where did get info from?
Back to top Go down
http://www.metalpulseradio.com
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Music / Shaver Audio .   Crossing Music / Shaver Audio . I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 9:10 am

From Brian - perhaps I was reading too much into his words.
Quote :
One of the biggest things is the whole Crossing Music fiasco. I thought
that I was buying the business but all I ended up doing (and still am
doing today, to a limited extent) is operating the business with ALL of
my financial resources and time. I lost a lot of money this past year
on a business deal that was built to fail. I am very thankful that
there was no contract!

7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Music / Shaver Audio .   Crossing Music / Shaver Audio . I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 3:57 pm

I think The Crossing was owned by Laura as I used to order from her a good bit back in the day. She was really good to deal with.
Back to top Go down
fishingd

fishingd

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Music / Shaver Audio .   Crossing Music / Shaver Audio . I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 2:41 am

topshot rhit wrote:
From Brian - perhaps I was reading too much into his words.
Quote :
One of the biggest things is the whole Crossing Music fiasco. I thought
that I was buying the business but all I ended up doing (and still am
doing today, to a limited extent) is operating the business with ALL of
my financial resources and time. I lost a lot of money this past year
on a business deal that was built to fail. I am very thankful that
there was no contract!

thats cool!! there is more to it then that.. Brian is very good friend of mine
Back to top Go down
http://www.metalpulseradio.com
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Music / Shaver Audio .   Crossing Music / Shaver Audio . I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 9:36 am

I know. We've both been too busy to actually meet over the years even though he's less than 2 hours away.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Music / Shaver Audio .   Crossing Music / Shaver Audio . I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crossing Music / Shaver Audio .
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: