Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bishop Garden - Garden of Relief

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Bishop Garden - Garden of Relief Empty
PostSubject: Bishop Garden - Garden of Relief   Bishop Garden - Garden of Relief I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 9:42 am

Recently in a CD swap with my friend Godswizard from the CMR, I obtained a copy of a disc by Bishop Garden. Having never heard of them except from GW, I have let the disc sit around for nearly two weeks without listening to it. Yesterday, I put it in the stereo while I was working on some Campus Life posters and getting my youth group lesson together. GW had been asking me for a short review, so here is my short, and a little silly, review:

Quote :
I must say that I was totally unprepared for the amount of torture I
put myself through with this CD. Torture? TORTURE, you say? Yes, I have
been tortured when I realized that I have not owned this disc since
it's release! I really had never heard of them until you mentioned them!

I
like the fact that they are mixing metal, a little blues, a little
funk, and a little jazz for a rather progressive hair metal sound. It's
not progressive in a way that we think of bands today, but they were
adding some different elements that traditional metal bands just never
incorporated into their music. They didn't come off as trying to be
"too artsy"--it actually is rather a fun blend.

To add to this, the lyrics are very nicely done. Some songs are more poetic, and some are downright evangelistic. If you like 80's metal with just a hint of progressive rock thrown in, then you need to try to track this down. Luckily, I just won one from eBay. I also picked up an autographed copy of Modest Attraction's "The Truth In Your Face". I am sure that the autograph will be authentic as I bought these two discs from Mr. Christian Rivel himself.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Bishop Garden - Garden of Relief   Bishop Garden - Garden of Relief I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 9:53 am

That are awesome trades aren't they?
Is there a link or so that we can listen to some Bishop Garden samples?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Bishop Garden - Garden of Relief   Bishop Garden - Garden of Relief I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:04 am

Well, seeing that the band only released one CD back in the late 90's and later disbanded, probably not. Someone would have to build a fan page for them.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Bishop Garden - Garden of Relief   Bishop Garden - Garden of Relief I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 5:15 pm

Great another disc to add to my monsterous list. Thanks brother, if you truly loved me you would just mail me your copy.
Tongue

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Bishop Garden - Garden of Relief   Bishop Garden - Garden of Relief I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 6:16 pm

I have that disc and yes it is quite good. It was a frequent player when I got it, but I haven't listened to it in a while. Must get it out and give it a spin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bishop Garden - Garden of Relief   Bishop Garden - Garden of Relief I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bishop Garden - Garden of Relief
Page 1 of 1