Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone remember Nailed?

Go down 
+4
topshot rhit
Disposable HERO
Staybrite
alldatndensum
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23639
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Anyone remember Nailed? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone remember Nailed?   Anyone remember Nailed? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 12:02 pm

After Disposable HERO's latest CD cover collage, I was reminded of the band Nailed. Their CD "All Washed Up" was in that contest. After seeing it, I had to dust it off and play them again.

I had forgotten that they were so good! Of course, you had to be into 90's alternative to really like these guys. But, I would put them up there as far as talent with any secular band in the market at the time.

Also, I was wondering who else in the Christian market was doing this kind of stuff during the mid to late 90's. I took a few years away from Christian rock & metal and must have missed some good stuff. I already know about Grammatrain, Rob Walker/Wish For Eden, Holy Soldier's "Promise Man", and Nailed. Who else was doing this style and doing it well AND proclaiming Jesus openly and boldly? Any suggestions?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23645
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember Nailed?   Anyone remember Nailed? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 3:08 pm

I actually liked quite a bit of their "All Washed Up" album (haven't listened to it in almost a year). I really did not like their follow-up album "Entity"

I don't have a huge collection of Alt/Grunge from the 90's so you probably already have all of these...

Fono
GS Megaphone
Human
Stir
Strange Occurence (prolly closer to modern rock than alt)
Undercover
Precious Death (more like alt-metal)

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember Nailed?   Anyone remember Nailed? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 4:41 pm

Can you burn me the Precious Death, Human, and Fonos? I actually don't have any of those. I remember the Precious Death stuff from the cassettes I used to have.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember Nailed?   Anyone remember Nailed? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 4:58 pm

Will do brother.

Disposable HERO

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember Nailed?   Anyone remember Nailed? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 7:31 pm

Which reminds me, alldat, I owe you a few promised discs in mp3 format: Justice, Uthanda and Halo. A lot going on in my life right now, but I will try to get to it as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember Nailed?   Anyone remember Nailed? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 8:11 pm

Take your time, bro. All I'm going to be doing with these is walking down memory lane. Your life is much more important right now.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3888

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember Nailed?   Anyone remember Nailed? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 8:51 pm

Neither PD or Fono are bold though. Forevertree is the closest to me I guess. Can't think of anything else right now and don't have the time or energy to browse through my list.

I'm also not fond of Entity. I haven't listened to All Washed Up much.

dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember Nailed?   Anyone remember Nailed? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 7:15 am

topshot rhit wrote:
Neither PD or Fono are bold though. Forevertree is the closest to me I guess. Can't think of anything else right now and don't have the time or energy to browse through my list.

Forevertree is band that I rarely hear mentioned. I was listening to them Thursday and I meant to make a post to see if anybody else here liked the band. Does anybody else like them ? and does anyone know what they are doing now?
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16634
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember Nailed?   Anyone remember Nailed? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 9:32 am

Stir, I remember that band.
I still have some songs of them.
Time to listen to them again.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember Nailed?   Anyone remember Nailed? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 9:33 am

Quote :

I think that "Entity" sounds like an extention of "All Washed Up". So, if you don't like "Entity", then you probably wouldn't like "All Washed Up".

Quote :
Forevertree is band that I rarely hear mentioned. I was listening to them Thursday and I meant to make a post to see if anybody else here liked the band. Does anybody else like them ? and does anyone know what they are doing now?

Forevertree was pretty good, too. I need to pull that disc out and spin it again. I believe that the bass player for Forevertree is now the guitarist for Blissed. There was a 2nd Forevertree CD recorded but never released.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember Nailed?   Anyone remember Nailed? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 1:22 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

Forevertree was pretty good, too. I need to pull that disc out and spin it again. I believe that the bass player for Forevertree is now the guitarist for Blissed. There was a 2nd Forevertree CD recorded but never released.

That's funny because I was thinking it was the guitarist from Forevertree is now the bassist for Blissed (not like it matters). Besides what do I know, I don't even own any Blissed albums.

The Forevertree album is good, but for "grunge" I actually liked the "Tree" album by "Torn" better.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember Nailed?   Anyone remember Nailed? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 2:44 pm

Wasn't familiar with Nailed.
Now I am someone who likes to know how unknown bands (ja for me) sound.
So I found a very short sample, but enough to listen that Nailed sounds great.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember Nailed?   Anyone remember Nailed? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 8:52 pm

Human was great.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember Nailed?   Anyone remember Nailed? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 3:56 pm

Quote :

Fono
Human
Strange Occurence (prolly closer to modern rock than alt)
Undercover
Precious Death (more like alt-metal)

Names of bands I've never heard from.
So I am interested to know more about those bands.
I assume it are older band due the fact they released stuff on a cassette.
Do I smell "cool old rock"?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember Nailed?   Anyone remember Nailed? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:51 pm

Quote :
That's funny because I was thinking it was the guitarist from Forevertree is now the bassist for Blissed (not like it matters). Besides what do I know, I don't even own any Blissed albums.

I looked it up. The guitarist for Forevertree became the bassist for Blissed on their first CD. But, on the 2nd CD, he was the guitarist. Looks like we were both right.

Quote :
Names of bands I've never heard from.
So I am interested to know more about those bands.
I assume it are older band due the fact they released stuff on a cassette.
Do I smell "cool old rock"?

Some of this is pretty cool. A lot of this came out in the mid 90's, so there are actually CDs that can be found. However, all of these bands you listed are going to be out of print and harder to find now.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9985
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember Nailed?   Anyone remember Nailed? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 12:58 pm

Nailed's first is awesome ! I do agree with Staybrite tho:
Quote :
I really did not like their follow-up album "Entity"
-the same with gs megaphone's 2nd effort..
gs Megaphone's "Out of my Mind" is one of my favs.
I always thought Stir sounded just like the "Promised Man" album.
Fono was trippy - Ingredients: mix 30% Bleach, 15% DC Talk, 40% Jars of Clay, 15% U2

If anyone needs any of these Out of Printer's (or any other OOP bands), lemme know. I've got a TON of back-ups I'm gonna toss soon.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember Nailed?   Anyone remember Nailed? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 4:10 pm

Guilty/Forgiven, I am interested in OOP bands.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember Nailed?   Anyone remember Nailed? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 4:17 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

If anyone needs any of these Out of Printer's (or any other OOP bands), lemme know. I've got a TON of back-ups I'm gonna toss soon.

Well post us a list in the trading realm or something!!!

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember Nailed?   Anyone remember Nailed? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 4:18 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

I looked it up. The guitarist for Forevertree became the bassist for Blissed on their first CD. But, on the 2nd CD, he was the guitarist. Looks like we were both right.

Wow that has to be a first Shocked
We opposed each other, but we where both right!

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember Nailed?   Anyone remember Nailed? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 6:13 pm

Quote :
Well post us a list in the trading realm

Ummm, yikes, I have over 200 discs wasting my precious space here... and well, it would take me more time than I have these days to list them...
I might just put a star next to albums on my website that I have backups of, and let ya'all pick from those.
How's that sound ?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember Nailed?   Anyone remember Nailed? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 8:53 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :
Well post us a list in the trading realm

Ummm, yikes, I have over 200 discs wasting my precious space here... and well, it would take me more time than I have these days to list them...
I might just put a star next to albums on my website that I have backups of, and let ya'all pick from those.
How's that sound ?

Soundz like a great idea, or better yet, just send them all to me.
Laughing

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember Nailed?   Anyone remember Nailed? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 10:49 pm

You have to send them all to me. As the owner of the board, this would be a great way to say thank you for making this place such a great hangout online. It's the least you could do.

lol!

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember Nailed?   Anyone remember Nailed? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 11:24 pm

Quote :
or better yet, just send them all to me.

That would be some serious postage ! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Quote :
It's the least you could do.

I'm eternally grateful for this place, CHM, that we can call home... but I cant give all to both of you, therefore I would like you two to duke it out in a cage-fight and winner gets all !
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember Nailed?   Anyone remember Nailed? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 9:04 am

I prefer mud wrastlin'!

I've been using Lala to help me get a couple of things I haven't heard in a long time. I have Uthanda's "Groove" coming, and Tall Tyrion is shipping me a copy of the first Reflescent Tide disc. I've also gotten a copy of the first Johnny Q. Public CD. Speaking of them, does anyone have their 2nd CD? What was it like?

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember Nailed?   Anyone remember Nailed? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:54 am

Johnny Q. Public was bargain bin fodder for a long time... got mine for 2 bucks and thought they were better than bargain bin material
dont have the 2nd one tho
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember Nailed?   Anyone remember Nailed? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone remember Nailed?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next