Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Threshold - Dead Reckoning review @ Angelic Warlord

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rageofcr

Threshold - Dead Reckoning review @ Angelic Warlord Empty
PostSubject: Threshold - Dead Reckoning review @ Angelic Warlord   Threshold - Dead Reckoning review @ Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 10:19 pm

http://www.angelicwarlord.com/reviews/t/threshold07.html

This is a great review of a great cd. They are not a "Christian band" but at times you would think they are. Richard West wrote 4 of the songs on here and he is a bold Christian so it reflects in his lyrics. Deep and profound but the meanings are also clear and easy to understand.
Quote :
West, who considers God his main inspiration because no matter what subject you talk about there is always a “God point of view”, decorates “Hollow” and “Safe To Fly” with Christian imagery, while the lyrics to “This Is Your Life” and “Disappear” are nothing less than inspiring.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Threshold - Dead Reckoning review @ Angelic Warlord   Threshold - Dead Reckoning review @ Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 11:19 pm

Quote :
This is a great review of a great cd. They are not a "Christian band" but at times you would think they are. Richard West wrote 4 of the songs on here and he is a bold Christian so it reflects in his lyrics. Deep and profound but the meanings are also clear and easy to understand.

Thanks for the positive feedback about the review I wrote of "Dead Reckoning". I agree that Richard West's lyrics are very inspiring and uplifting, particularly the track "This Is Your Life". Yes, a great CD.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23610
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Threshold - Dead Reckoning review @ Angelic Warlord   Threshold - Dead Reckoning review @ Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 4:45 am

I'm not sure that I would enjoy this. Too many times with progressive metal, I just end up getting bored--especially on those "epic" songs over 8 minutes. Plus, a lot of these bands, to me, begin to sound the same with time.

The lyrics could easily be Christian or not. The samples of those on the Angelic Warlord review just seem like positive rock to me with no real imdication of who we are to trust for salvation.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rageofcr

PostSubject: Re: Threshold - Dead Reckoning review @ Angelic Warlord   Threshold - Dead Reckoning review @ Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 5:12 am

No, they are not evangelical but for me personally the speak to my spirit. This is one of the very few bands that actually seems to encourage my walk with the Lord. Christians will easily understand what Richard is saying. An unsaved person may not understand what he is saying.
As for the music, they are very "catchy" and accessible on most songs. They do have a few long tracks but most of their songs are more like melodic rock/metal rather than full blown prog.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23610
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Threshold - Dead Reckoning review @ Angelic Warlord   Threshold - Dead Reckoning review @ Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 7:05 am

Got a link to hear some clips?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rageofcr

PostSubject: Re: Threshold - Dead Reckoning review @ Angelic Warlord   Threshold - Dead Reckoning review @ Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 11:39 am

Here is a link to their site and it has a couple songs there (I think you have to click "launch player"):
http://thresh.net/

You will hear some growly vocals in the first song. This is very minimal and does not represent this band. The album is an hour long and the harsh vocals appear in less than 3 minutes of the recording.
They actually have an album that I think would be even more up your alley titled "Subsurface". I like Subsurface better myself. The songs on it are more mainstream sounding.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Threshold - Dead Reckoning review @ Angelic Warlord   Threshold - Dead Reckoning review @ Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 2:42 pm

I've gotta agree with you here Norm, I like Subsurface better as well. I like the new album alright but it has been getting over shadowed by nearly every other new album I've gotten lately. Of course I've been on a huge Death Angel and Deliverance kick lately also. By the way I noticed somewhere else that you liked DA as well. They say that they will have a new album out this year. If it is anywhere near as good as The Art Of Dying was then it will be well worth getting.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16623
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Threshold - Dead Reckoning review @ Angelic Warlord   Threshold - Dead Reckoning review @ Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 4:00 pm

Growly vocals?
Hmmmm is this cookie monster music?
Is progressive metal cookie monster music?
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Threshold - Dead Reckoning review @ Angelic Warlord   Threshold - Dead Reckoning review @ Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 4:09 pm

avdb11 wrote:
Growly vocals?
Hmmmm is this cookie monster music?
Is progressive metal cookie monster music?

Very little
No
No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Threshold - Dead Reckoning review @ Angelic Warlord   Threshold - Dead Reckoning review @ Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Threshold - Dead Reckoning review @ Angelic Warlord
Page 1 of 1