Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You'd have to be made out of money.....

Go down 
+2
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
6 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

You'd have to be made out of money..... Empty
PostSubject: You'd have to be made out of money.....   You'd have to be made out of money..... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 9:40 am

....to buy all the CDs releasing tomorrow, Feb. 26, that I would be interested in. Here's the list:

Saint - Crime Scene Earth (Already preordered)
The Afters - Never Going Back To Okay
Pillar - For The Love Of The Game
Children 18:3 - S/T
Esterlyn - Lamps
Inhabited - Love
Stellar Kart - Expect The Impossible

Then, not counting any possible metal releases that we don't have dates for, upcoming Retroactive Records releases, etc., I won't be getting much of a break for a while to catch up. There are new releases coming out our ears right now! Here's others I'm interested in:

March 4 Fireflight - Unbreakable
March 11 Re:Zound - Abandoned To You
March 25 - Starfield - I Will Go

And, that's just the MARCH releases. Luckily, things slow down to a more reasonable release pace as GMA gets underway in April. All these bands are probably going to really push their new releases during GMA week.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: You'd have to be made out of money.....   You'd have to be made out of money..... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 10:29 am

Yes ideed, you need a lot of money to buys all those CDs.
For now I am sure to order Re:Zound - Abandoned To You.
For the other bands I have to find samples to listen first.

I think there's a lot of more stuff to order than in 2007 on the same time.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: You'd have to be made out of money.....   You'd have to be made out of money..... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 3:55 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

Saint - Crime Scene Earth (Already preordered)
The Afters - Never Going Back To Okay
Pillar - For The Love Of The Game
Children 18:3 - S/T
Esterlyn - Lamps
Inhabited - Love
Stellar Kart - Expect The Impossible
March 4 Fireflight - Unbreakable
March 11 Re:Zound - Abandoned To You
March 25 - Starfield - I Will Go

Hmm I'm pretty sure Saint, Pillar, and Fireflight are the only releases I am interested from that list. Looks like I will save a little coin compared to you.
See that's what you get for having such eclectic tastes.
Tongue

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: You'd have to be made out of money.....   You'd have to be made out of money..... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 4:03 pm

When the next wave of progressive metal starts hitting, though, I'll sit a lot of that out.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: You'd have to be made out of money.....   You'd have to be made out of money..... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 11:29 pm

I know that Family Christian Stores is having 2 of the disc on sale. They are selling The Afters (which incidently I saw for sale already at my local Wal-mart, yesterday) for only $5 and the new one by Esterlyn is like $8.87. I will be picking up these to as well as the new Pillar. Can't wait for the new Re:zound as well. Also still waiting for the new Paul Alan (ex-Nouveaux) and Kessler (currently on the 5for5 tour with Dizmas) which are coming out as well.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: You'd have to be made out of money.....   You'd have to be made out of money..... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 9:10 am

Thanks for the heads up, ChosenOne. I might cruise on over to the FCS nearby and check that out.

As far as seeing the new The Afters CD at Wal-Mart, they can get in some deep poo-poo for that. Years ago, Disney sued them for placing product on shelves a day early, and Wal-Mart had to pay through the nose over that. Granted, the Christian music industry doesn't have the resources to fight Wal-Mart like Disney does. Plus, they might not even know about the slip up. If they do, they might think that the advance sales might help. Who knows.

Of the list of releases today, though, I am most interested in Pillar and The Afters (not counting Saint as I have that preordered). I'll see who has what and for what price to maximize my listening for the least amount of cash/travel time.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: You'd have to be made out of money.....   You'd have to be made out of money..... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 9:34 am

The Afters, Children 18:2, Esterlyn, Inhabited and Starfield.
I am very curious to listen how those bands sounds.
Are it newer bands? Modern rock bands?
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: You'd have to be made out of money.....   You'd have to be made out of money..... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 9:55 am

Today is an expensive day for a lot of fans of Saint and other bands who released their albums.
It cost you some money, but then you can enjoy for many hours to cool music.

I am still doubthing if I have to order Saint.
Have you had the same?
You like the band but still doubt to order an album?
Or I am here the only "Saint-doubter"?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: You'd have to be made out of money.....   You'd have to be made out of money..... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 10:37 am

Quote :
The Afters, Children 18:2, Esterlyn, Inhabited and Starfield.
I am very curious to listen how those bands sounds.
Are it newer bands? Modern rock bands?

All of these are modern rock bands. Starfield is releasing their 3rd CD, and The Afters are releasing their 2nd. Inhabited is releasing their 2nd on a Christian label, but they did one full length CD before getting signed. Children 18:3 is a brand new band. Esterlyn was formerly known as Grand Prize, but changed their name after changing a few people.

Quote :
Have you had the same?

I think you are pretty much the only doubter. The songs I have heard, and the lyrics I read, seem to be more in line with "In the Battle" than "The Mark". Musically, there wasn't a lot of difference in the two, but lyrically there was a big difference. "The Mark" was rather dark due to it being based on the book of Revelation. I think that you'll find the lyrics to be much more in common with "In The Battle".

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: You'd have to be made out of money.....   You'd have to be made out of money..... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 12:38 pm

I've been listening to the groups listed above on their MySpace page to help with potential purchases. I have easily, by listening, managed to prioritize what I will get first. Right now, these are the only two "must haves:

Pillar
The Afters

After that, I would get them in this order:

Stellar Kart
Children 18:3
Inhabited
Esterlyn

After listening to several songs of Esterlyn, though, I might pass on it altogether. They were a pretty good pop rock band before, but they seem to have gone a little too flowery with their overall sound.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: You'd have to be made out of money.....   You'd have to be made out of money..... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 4:07 pm

avdb11 wrote:

Have you had the same?

I think you are the only one. If you are not sure if you will like the album it might be best to wait and listen to some more samples.

But don't feel bad, I am pretty sure I am the only member of this board who does not like Disciple.

drumdude

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: You'd have to be made out of money.....   You'd have to be made out of money..... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 4:33 pm

Are you nuts disciple rocks Smile
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: You'd have to be made out of money.....   You'd have to be made out of money..... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 4:34 pm

That's true, I take more time to listen to Saint and to read the lyrics again.
I like Disciple since they released their self titled album.
I am sure we all have bands others like and you really don't like.

Most people like Tourniquet, except me.
The guys from church don't understand why I don't like Tourniquet.
We often discussed about Alter Bridge, they love Alter Bridge.
Yes yes Alter Bridge sounds cool, but is not a Christian band.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: You'd have to be made out of money.....   You'd have to be made out of money..... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 5:27 pm

I got the new Pillar and Death Angel today. Not really interested in the rest except Saint and I don't do preorders very often. I'll get that one real soon though.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: You'd have to be made out of money.....   You'd have to be made out of money..... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 6:25 pm

Quote :
Most people like Tourniquet, except me.

Except for "Vanishing Lessons", I don't care for Tourniquet either. I don't even have a copy of that CD anymore.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: You'd have to be made out of money.....   You'd have to be made out of money..... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 9:53 pm

There are only 2 Tourniquet albums that I like (and own). "Carry the Wounded" and "Where Moth and Rust Destroy". But to be fair to Guy Ritter (and keep Fundy from sending me death threats) I have never heard anything from the first 3 albums.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: You'd have to be made out of money.....   You'd have to be made out of money..... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 9:13 am

Vanishing Lessons is the only Tourniquet CD I like, but there are no Tourniquet CDs in my cool-ection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You'd have to be made out of money.....   You'd have to be made out of money..... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You'd have to be made out of money.....
Page 1 of 1