Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Clean Break (new band)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Clean Break (new band) Empty
PostSubject: Clean Break (new band)   Clean Break (new band) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2022 4:18 pm

Another new band with a "Christian connection" has been announced by Frontiers Records (Stryper's label for the last couple of years).  Frontiers is kind of famous for engineering existing musicians into new bands (with mixed results).  So it will be interesting to see what happens with this one.  Unfortunately they don't have a single out yet, but it is expected next week (and I will post it here).

Clean Break (new band) Cleanb10

The band line-up is as follows
James Durbin-vocals (American Idol contestant and former Quiet Riot singer)
Mike Flyntz - guitars (Riot V)
Perry Richardson - bass (Stryper)
Robert Sweet - drums (Stryper)

Here is their facebook page (obviously not much there yet).

https://www.facebook.com/CleanbreakMetal/

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Clean Break (new band)   Clean Break (new band) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2022 4:43 pm

Will be interesting to hear, Durbin actually has a decent voice.

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Clean Break (new band)   Clean Break (new band) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2022 6:59 am

I will be curious what they do lyrically.  I will also be curious as to how Mr. sweet sounds on drums.  His performances for Bill Menchen, to me, are much better than what he is allowed to do in Stryper.  I hope he is able to get off the chain a bit with these guys.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Staybrite and Black Rider like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Clean Break (new band)   Clean Break (new band) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2022 2:36 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Will be interesting to hear, Durbin actually has a decent voice.

Yeah, Durbin has a fantastic voice.  I'm hoping it the music is a bit more melodic/commercial sounding than what Riot V usually does.  Certainly will be interesting to hear.

alldatndensum wrote:
I will be curious what they do lyrically.  I will also be curious as to how Mr. sweet sounds on drums.  His performances for Bill Menchen, to me, are much better than what he is allowed to do in Stryper.  I hope he is able to get off the chain a bit with these guys.

I totally agree about Sweet with Bill Menchen, I love his drumming on those recordings.

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Clean Break (new band)   Clean Break (new band) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 10:54 am

These guys finally released a video.  The song was more melodic than I suspected it was going to be.  I'll probably have to listen a few more times before I can decide if I really dig it or not, but at first listen it doesn't sound bad at all.
Now the video of the band and friends "partying" in the airplane while the singer sits in his seat and ponders "coming home" seems a bit tired....but I don't expect ground-breaking music videos.

Guilty/Forgiven likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Clean Break (new band)   Clean Break (new band) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 5:11 pm

I actually like that, and the lyrics are definitely Christian friendly.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
My Awesome Timothy

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2016-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Clean Break (new band)   Clean Break (new band) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2022 1:57 pm

I really like this song.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Clean Break (new band)   Clean Break (new band) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2022 4:09 pm

Another song/video released by the band.  I listened to this one a couple of times and I'm not quite as excited about it (something with the vocal delivery in the first verse seems "off" to me)... still not a bad song.

PostSubject: Re: Clean Break (new band)   Clean Break (new band) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clean Break (new band)
Page 1 of 1