Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Judea - Heart Of Stone

Go down 
+8
rockerVu2
rockinrandy
crucifyd
Normaniac
Black Rider
Fundy
alldatndensum
Staybrite
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Judea - Heart Of Stone Empty
PostSubject: Judea - Heart Of Stone   Judea - Heart Of Stone I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2022 9:27 pm

Classic late 80's Christian metal rockers Judea have teamed up with Roxx Records to release their recordings under the title "Out Of The Dark-The Lost Sessions".
They had two songs on the California Metal 2 Compilation (Heart of Stone & Knock), apparently they recorded two more songs at Pakaderm that were never released.  Along with some demo material they will all be released on the "Out Of The Dark" album this coming April.

Here is the full press release:
LONG lost recordings from Christian Rockers JUDEA to be released via Roxx Records
Quote :
In our quest to bring you those long lost Christian metal gems we encourage you to sit back and put on your headphones and whisk yourself back to 1988 for this next one.
Roxx Records is very excited to be bringing you the long lost sessions from Judea. The year was 1988 and Pakaderm Records was one of the hottest labels in Christian rock and metal at the time, and this amazing new band would be invited to record and showcase their talents. Hot on the heels of the very first California Metal compilation, that featured a whose who in Christian metal at the time, the label was ready to release the second installment, California Metal 2!
Much like it’s predecessor, California Metal 2 would feature a host of Who’s Who in the Christian rock world at the time. Bands like Mastedon and Recon we’re all on the Christian music charts and featured on this now classic compilation. But also featured on here with two songs was a pretty unknown band at the time named Judea.
California Metal 2 featured two of four tracks recorded at Pakaderm, including ‘Knock’ and ‘Heart of Stone’. Most people would easily recognize the artists and songs on this comp, but it was Judea that people would go back and give that second listen and say ‘wow who are these guys?’ and the anticipation for more Judea music would begin! Alas that would never come to be, as the band would record one more song for Pakaderm and ultimately somewhat fade away into obscurity, until now!
Roxx Records has worked with the band Judea and we have now fully resurrected all of the bands musical repertoire. We are very excited to be bringing you Judea ‘Out Of The Dark - The Lost Sessions’.
This release starts off with four amazing tracks that were recorded during the original Pakaderm sessions. Included in this four track session you’ll hear the two songs that made it on to Cal Metal 2 and two more songs that have never been released. The next song would be one more from a later Pakaderm session the following year, again never released. Then we take you on a musical journey into some older demos and even some newer stuff from these classic hard rockers. And we end with the original two final cuts from that amazing Pakaderm compilation California Metal 2.
Featuring an amazing new album cover design courtesy of Scott Waters of NoLifeTilMetal. And another stellar remaster from Rob Colwell at Bombworks sound. This one will truly be a collectors item.
So get ready as we prepare to give you a history lesson, and embark on another amazing journey into the archives of Christian metal.
Stay tuned to Roxx Records for the full announcement and pre-orders as we prepare to launch this one on April 15, 2022.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Judea - Heart Of Stone   Judea - Heart Of Stone I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2022 8:05 am

I will probably get this, but I hope the sound quality is better than the Latter Reign issue they did.  I can't listen to it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Staybrite, MikeInFla and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Judea - Heart Of Stone   Judea - Heart Of Stone I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2022 3:36 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I will probably get this, but I hope the sound quality is better than the Latter Reign issue they did.  I can't listen to it.

Yeah, I'm a little worried about that myself.  I expect the 4 tracks they record with the Elefante brothers to be top notch, but the quality of the demo material could be anybody's guess.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Judea - Heart Of Stone   Judea - Heart Of Stone I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2022 3:58 pm

NO WAY!  I've absolutely loved their two tracks, and even have a page on my website about them!  I'm getting this for sure!

Bio
Judea was a Christian metal band from the late 80's. They had two songs featured on Regency Records' compilation album, "California Metal II". Members were: Randall Drew on vocals, Norman Stevens on guitar and background vocals, Danny Henry on bass and background vocals, and Steve Lamb on drums. Steve Lamb is the cousin of Robert Sweet (Stryper) and would later go on to drum for Titanic.
Originated: Los Angeles, California
Genre: Heavy Metal/Classic Metal
Then... I found out... Randall Drew, went on to perform in PAXTONS EMPIRE and LIGHTNING ELLIS. More recently he has been in a band called 'DEFECTS'
About Defects
Originated: Claremore, OK
The Defects are a Recovery based Hard Rock band. The three members are in recovery and grateful to our higher power and the 12-step programs that brought each member back from the brink of destruction.
Coming from diverse backgrounds, all playing in various bands over the years, the members forged together to express the pain and loss each experienced through the disease of addiction. Mike and Randy's rhythm section combined with Shawn's dark, twisted riffs, provide a canvas for Randy's eerie imagery of the still suffering addict, trying to find recovery. The "sound" of the defects was born.
Randall Drew - Lead Vocals and Drums
One of the founding members of the Defects, Randall was looking for an outlet for his current vision of Recovery influenced music. Using his experience from previous projects: JUDEA, PAXTONS EMPIRE and LIGHTINING ELLIS and working with John and Dino Elefante from KANSAS and MASTADON, Randall honed his vocal style,under their driving force while working as a studio engineer and vocal musician in
Los Angelos. After a long time overseas in various bands, he returned home to Oklahoma to face his greatest challange yet - Recovery. The Defects' songs are areflection of this journey called recovery, as interpreted by his fellow travelers, Shawn and Mike.
Shawn Jones ........ Lead Guitar
A musician born and raised in Fort Smith, Ark., in a musical family, Shawn moved to the Tulsa area in 1999 searching for a better way of life and ultimately, a better music scene, and has since found both. With a little help from his Higher Power, Jesus Christ, and handful of awesome friends and family, Shawn has been able to bring you his “defective” guitar style.
Mike Starkey .........Bass Guitar
Living most of his life in the Claremore area, Mike began playing bass in the early 90s with local bands, Painted Ho, Revolver and Blunt Sunday. After following the wrong path in life for many years, he found the road of recovery and a new way to live. Mike was able to unearth his musical potential by crossing paths with Shawn and Randall, further refining his bass skills.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Last edited by Fundy on Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Judea - Heart Of Stone   Judea - Heart Of Stone I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2022 1:54 pm

I like that song but I have to hear the rest, I just can't pull the trigger on stuff i'll hardly listen to.

Staybrite, rockerVu2 and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Judea - Heart Of Stone   Judea - Heart Of Stone I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2022 6:53 pm

I took the chance and preordered this one.  If the demo material stinks I will consider it "taking one for the team".  Judea - Heart Of Stone 1f604

MikeInFla and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Judea - Heart Of Stone   Judea - Heart Of Stone I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2022 2:10 am

Tried to order it, but it's sold out. 😒
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Judea - Heart Of Stone   Judea - Heart Of Stone I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2022 10:53 am

I'm hopefully going to get it through Nordic Mission.  $25 for shipping is a bit much for me!

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Judea - Heart Of Stone   Judea - Heart Of Stone I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2022 2:37 pm

Normaniac wrote:
Tried to order it, but it's sold out.  😒

Shocked What!?  Oh gosh that is crazy.  Maybe they just sold out of the preorders...hopefully they get more.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Judea - Heart Of Stone   Judea - Heart Of Stone I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2022 2:37 pm

Fundy wrote:
I'm hopefully going to get it through Nordic Mission.  $25 for shipping is a bit much for me!

Oh yeah, I wouldn't do that either.

crucifyd

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Judea - Heart Of Stone   Judea - Heart Of Stone I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2022 9:10 am

Normaniac wrote:
Tried to order it, but it's sold out.  😒

hmmm...just looked, they have 24 regular copies and 11 autographed copies
Back to top Go down
http://www.crucifyd.com
rockinrandy

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2022-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Judea - Heart Of Stone   Judea - Heart Of Stone I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2022 9:51 am

Randall Drew  here from judea 
The5  judea songs were recorded at packaderm studios , please listen to the single and make your call.
There are also  some later tracks and demo stuff but the 5 tracks recorded at packaderm are solid as well as dont take away.
also hats of to fundy for finding the defects and lighting ellis references.

Fundy, MikeInFla and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
rockinrandy

PostSubject: Re: Judea - Heart Of Stone   Judea - Heart Of Stone I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2022 9:54 am

I will ll check with bill and see what the status is

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Judea - Heart Of Stone   Judea - Heart Of Stone I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2022 12:34 pm

Welcome to CHM Randy!  I received the album last week and have been rocking to it daily.  Your "Judea 2.0" tracks are great, really hoping to see some more music from the band in this style.

alldatndensum, Fundy and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Judea - Heart Of Stone   Judea - Heart Of Stone I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2022 3:09 pm

Hi Randy.  Great to see you here.  I'm a huge fan of Heart of Stone and Knock, and I remember first hearing those songs and then trying to locate a full album.  Over the years I tried to find out more about Judea, but only came up with what I'd posted above, and it looked like we'd never hear any more stuff from you.

So, I'm absolutely buzzing for the album, and although it will take a while to end up over here, I'll be waiting with anticipation.

Thanks for bringing the unheard songs to us.

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Judea - Heart Of Stone   Judea - Heart Of Stone I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2022 5:16 am

Hi Randy, welcome on CHM.

Back to top Go down
rockinrandy

PostSubject: Re: Judea - Heart Of Stone   Judea - Heart Of Stone I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 8:47 am

Thats great to have that music out ,
This has opened a door to get a large amount of music out , we are putting the band together to perform these and the rest of the judea catolog of 11 more songs written with the original members. we are statring to track soon .

If there is interest in the 22 song defects catalog that only require mixing and final vocal tracks https://www.facebook.com/the-defects-352662870441

Staybrite, Fundy, Normaniac and AtomicFan like this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Judea - Heart Of Stone   Judea - Heart Of Stone I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2022 9:33 am

Cool!  Not sure how I missed this post before!

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
kitkrusher

kitkrusher

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2023-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Judea - Heart Of Stone   Judea - Heart Of Stone I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2023 9:06 pm

Steve Lamb here from Judea, Titanic and Normandy

Staybrite, rockerVu2, Fundy, Normaniac and AtomicFan like this post

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Judea - Heart Of Stone   Judea - Heart Of Stone I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2023 9:33 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Judea - Heart Of Stone   Judea - Heart Of Stone I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2023 12:42 pm

Good to see you here!

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Judea - Heart Of Stone   Judea - Heart Of Stone I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2023 2:31 pm

kitkrusher wrote:

Welcome to the forum Steve!  So you've also performed/recorded with Bill Menchen and Normandy?
Like the Normandy with Amanda & Norman Stevens?  I have that one record you did "Denied" but never heard anything else about the band.  

Most of us on the message boards are familiar with Titanic, and all of Bill's musical endeavors (he is quite active on facebook, and quite the character as well).  But I haven't heard anyone mention Normandy in years, was anything recorded beyond that one album?

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2017-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Judea - Heart Of Stone   Judea - Heart Of Stone I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2023 4:05 pm

Staybrite wrote:
kitkrusher wrote:

Welcome to the forum Steve!  So you've also performed/recorded with Bill Menchen and Normandy?
Like the Normandy with Amanda & Norman Stevens?  I have that one record you did "Denied" but never heard anything else about the band.  

Most of us on the message boards are familiar with Titanic, and all of Bill's musical endeavors (he is quite active on facebook, and quite the character as well).  But I haven't heard anyone mention Normandy in years, was anything recorded beyond that one album?

I grabbed a 2-song demo on eBay last year or maybe early this year.  One of the songs appears to have made it to 'Denied' but not the other.  Discogs also indicates a radio promo type compilation that includes a song ("I Can't Feel It") that wasn't included on the album unless the title was changed.  But outside of obscure demo/promo type stuff, I (as a collector) am unaware of any other commercially released work from Normandy outside of the 'Denied' album.

Judea - Heart Of Stone Norman12  Judea - Heart Of Stone Norman13

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Judea - Heart Of Stone   Judea - Heart Of Stone I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2023 11:53 am

Oh wow ccmrockman, what a cool collectable!
Thanks for the info, can't believe I didn't think to check on Discogs.

kitkrusher

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2023-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Judea - Heart Of Stone   Judea - Heart Of Stone I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2023 6:01 pm

Yes Staybrite....I filled in for Robert Sweet in Titanic for about 10 shows in So Cal and Vegas....And yes Normandy recorded another album we never released called "Trial by Fire" around 2004....Roxx Records have shown interest in releasing it but not everyone in the behind it...

alldatndensum, Staybrite, rockerVu2 and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judea - Heart Of Stone   Judea - Heart Of Stone I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judea - Heart Of Stone
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next