Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+9
kerrick
rockerVu2
Normaniac
Hardkore
alldatndensum
topshot rhit
Fundy
Staybrite
MikeInFla
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1450
Registration date : 2018-04-12

What are you watching? - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2022 7:32 am

Staybrite wrote:
Normaniac wrote:
Joe Kidd.

A Fistful of Dollars.  

Joe Kidd has to be one of the few 60's/70's era Eastwood westerns I have never seen.
It clocks in at a very short 1 1/2 hours, which is almost never heard of in a CE western.  It's a very simple plot, where Joe Kidd flip-flops his allegiance and rains destruction on the party that originally hired him.  (I'm trying to keep this spoiler-free.)  Very Happy

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3875
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2022 8:37 pm

Downton Abbey: A New Era

Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2022 8:20 am

Ze Tuminata!
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2022 6:44 pm

Top Gun

Just to make a note, after watching TG again I was reminded of the language in the film. Usually it was while they were in flight. In TG:M the film is 99.9998% clean of language. I think there was only 2 or 3 instances where 1 person said them all in a minute towards the end .
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2022 3:29 pm

Top Gun: Maverick
Oh man, what a fun, feel-good movie that was!  Thanks for the recommendation.

topshot rhit, Hardkore and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2022 5:15 pm

Downton Abbey: A New Era

MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2022 4:23 pm

We went ahead and cut off cable last week to get ready for our move. So I have been watching The Brady Bunch and Mission: Impossible on Paramount+.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2022 12:19 pm

At the movies for Top Gun: Maverick!

Hardkore and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2022 9:01 pm

Person of Interest Season 1

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2022 7:29 pm

Ready Player One

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2022 7:39 pm

I have started Obi-Wan and Manifest.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2022 9:53 pm

Octopussy

Hardkore likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2022 1:36 pm

Just got my ticket for Jurassic World :Dominion IMAX 3D
Back to top Go down
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2022 9:47 pm

Watching a classic tonight... It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World from 1963. A two and a half hour long comedy with an all star cast (Edie Adams, Milton Berle, Sid Caesar, Buddy Hackett, Ethel Merman, Dorothy Provine, Mickey Rooney, penis Shawn, Phil Silvers, Terry-Thomas, Jonathan Winters and Jimmy Durante among many others). Well worth watching if you like comedy films

Staybrite, Xid and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2022 7:21 am

That should be RICHARD Shawn, lol.

WarGames.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2022 2:53 pm

Hardkore wrote:

I am seeing this Tuesday after summer school with a friend from work.  We usually see movies together that my wife really doesn't want to see.  If gives us both some "bro. time" that we both seriously lack.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Hardkore and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2022 6:09 am

Oldiesmann wrote:
Watching a classic tonight... It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World from 1963. A two and a half hour long comedy with an all star cast (Edie Adams, Milton Berle, Sid Caesar, Buddy Hackett, Ethel Merman, Dorothy Provine, Mickey Rooney, penis Shawn, Phil Silvers, Terry-Thomas, Jonathan Winters and Jimmy Durante among many others). Well worth watching if you like comedy films
This film even has the Three Stooges! If you blink you will miss them! It's a one or two second non speaking cameo but they are in the movie.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2022 2:55 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Hardkore wrote:

I am seeing this Tuesday after summer school with a friend from work.  We usually see movies together that my wife really doesn't want to see.  If gives us both some "bro. time" that we both seriously lack.

We saw this in 3D with my lovely wife, our youngest son and his wife.  IMHO it does NOT need to be in 3D (I'm not a 3D fan...and nothing about this film made it better by being in 3D).
While it was a little short on story-line (but what Jurassic Park movie wasn't), it was a very fun flick and cool to see the "recent series" crowd with the "old-school" series characters.  I quite enjoyed it. All in all a pretty good way to end the franchise (until they probably reboot it in 15 years...LOL).

Hardkore likes this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 5:40 am

Total Recall
The Last Action Hero
Poltergeist
First Blood

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 1:37 pm

Normaniac wrote:
Total Recall
The Last Action Hero
Poltergeist
First Blood

Which Total Recall?  The original with Schwarzenegger or the more recent version with Colin Farrell?  Despite the campiness I still really like the first one.  I think Schwarzenegger would able to pull off the hero/villain aspects of his character.  I do not have the same affection for the Farrell reboot version.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 3:36 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Hardkore wrote:

We saw this in 3D with my lovely wife, our youngest son and his wife.  IMHO it does NOT need to be in 3D (I'm not a 3D fan...and nothing about this film made it better by being in 3D).
While it was a little short on story-line (but what Jurassic Park movie wasn't), it was a very fun flick and cool to see the "recent series" crowd with the "old-school" series characters.  I quite enjoyed it. All in all a pretty good way to end the franchise (until they probably reboot it in 15 years...LOL).
Really they didn’t do it right for it to be 3D.  The post conversion is the cheap simply way to go but rarely works well. There are certain ways to make a movie look good in 3D and a simple live action conversion is often not the way to go.

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 6:54 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Normaniac wrote:
Total Recall
The Last Action Hero
Poltergeist
First Blood

Which Total Recall?  The original with Schwarzenegger or the more recent version with Colin Farrell?  Despite the campiness I still really like the first one.  I think Schwarzenegger would able to pull off the hero/villain aspects of his character.  I do not have the same affection for the Farrell reboot version.
Arnold TC.  Colin Farrell's sucked.

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 10:11 pm

The Batman

Oy, that was a long movie. Out of 3 hours I think it had maybe 30 minutes or so of action. A really good movie that focuses on the old narrative that hardly gets any playing time anymore…the detective. And the way it ends … can anyone say sequel?

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2022 12:30 pm

Hardkore wrote:
The Batman

Oy, that was a long movie. Out of 3 hours I think it had maybe 30 minutes or so of action. A really good movie that focuses on the old narrative that hardly gets any playing time anymore…the detective. And the way it ends … can anyone say sequel?

I was just telling the wife last night I was thinking I wanted to watch this....despite the fact that it stars one of my least favorite actors.  But now you are telling me it is 3 hours long!!!  Oh gosh...sounds like I will need two nights to make it through that.  Laughing

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2022 12:33 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Hardkore wrote:

Really they didn’t do it right for it to be 3D.  The post conversion is the cheap simply way to go but rarely works well. There are certain ways to make a movie look good in 3D and a simple live action conversion is often not the way to go.

For some reason most 3D films do not thrill me...especially since the trick seems to quit working on my eyes after about an hour or so and then it just looks fuzzy (and my wife knows this....but she still bought tickets for the 3D showing... Mad).  I think if you are going to make any film 3D at least give the footage some cool stuff jumping out of the screen at you.  Sure it's all just a gimmick, but at least it can be fun.  I don't think this movie had any of that.

Normaniac wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Normaniac wrote:
Total Recall
The Last Action Hero
Poltergeist
First Blood

Arnold TC.  Colin Farrell's sucked.

Agreed! (and it wasn't even the acting... just a weak script/story)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 20 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next