Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Let me pick your brains, please!

Go down 
+3
Xid
Through The Dark Radio
alldatndensum
7 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Let me pick your brains, please! Empty
PostSubject: Let me pick your brains, please!   Let me pick your brains, please! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2020 10:26 am

So I started doing my Pastor Chris videos last year but quit when my gimbal died.  I bought another but never picked up the project again.

Well, I liked doing the short Bible teaching videos.  However, the branding just isn't right.  I don't know what my target audience should be.  I need a new name instead of "Hanging' With Pastor Chris" as well.  Why?  There is a Hispanic guy that is called Pastor Chris that has quite the following.  I need to rethink all this and get back to doing my short Bible lesson as it will make it easier to listen on the go.  Even turning this into a short PODcast might be good for today's market.

What suggestions do you all have?  My first suggestion is to get away from using detailed outlines so I would seem more conversational.  I need a launching point, but does the whole message need scripting which can come off as cold and impersonal.Going green screen and adding a background could help, or maybe a live setting would be okay.  You know--sitting in a park, in my yard, wherever.

I just wanted to get back to doing this but not have to be on a weekly schedule.  I also want to get better as a speaker and this would also help.

I am just asking for ideas.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Let me pick your brains, please!   Let me pick your brains, please! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2020 11:06 am

Here's a devotional that our pastor does. He's done this both in his office and in some of our church's hallways.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Let me pick your brains, please!   Let me pick your brains, please! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2020 11:16 am

I don't think your background matters as much.  Green screens are cool but look sterile and staged.  Whenever I watch a podcast, I usually don't pay attention to the background unless it's jumpy like a green screen or has other things moving.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Let me pick your brains, please!   Let me pick your brains, please! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2020 9:34 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I need a new name instead of "Hanging' With Pastor Chris" as well.  Why?  There is a Hispanic guy that is called Pastor Chris that has quite the following.

I don't see why the title is an issue unless he's using the same one. Just because your name is the same doesn't matter.

Green screens suck. I want a real background.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Let me pick your brains, please!   Let me pick your brains, please! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2020 9:57 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
I need a new name instead of "Hanging' With Pastor Chris" as well.  Why?  There is a Hispanic guy that is called Pastor Chris that has quite the following.

I don't see why the title is an issue unless he's using the same one. Just because your name is the same doesn't matter.

Green screens suck. I want a real background.

The similar name isn't that big of a deal. I just don't want people getting confused just by the title, if that happens, and watch the wrong guy.  Of course, I doubt that would happen to him seeing he has tons of supporters.  It would only benefit me if someone was searching for the other guy and found me by accident.

Ok, I get the green screen being annoying.  That idea is nixed.

I just don't want to start doing the sitting or driving in my car video that so many people are doing.  That gets old after a while.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Let me pick your brains, please!   Let me pick your brains, please! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2020 1:07 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
The similar name isn't that big of a deal. I just don't want people getting confused just by the title, if that happens, and watch the wrong guy.  Of course, I doubt that would happen to him seeing he has tons of supporters.  It would only benefit me if someone was searching for the other guy and found me by accident.
Why turn down free advertising???

Quote :
I just don't want to start doing the sitting or driving in my car video that so many people are doing.  That gets old after a while.
I don't get the driving thing. That's just plain unsafe even if you aren't looking at the camera.

Re: background, you should choose whether to be consistent (almost always in your office, for example) or rotating a lot. The latter takes more thought since it needs to not have movement or noise in the background. So pick some favorite spots that meet the criteria and rotate between them. I like simple so I'd just use my office "studio".

Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Let me pick your brains, please!   Let me pick your brains, please! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2020 6:29 pm

Background isn't as important as message. You should give messages about the rough times to come.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Let me pick your brains, please!   Let me pick your brains, please! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2020 6:53 am

Let me think about this.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Let me pick your brains, please!   Let me pick your brains, please! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2020 4:25 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Background isn't as important as message. You should give messages about the rough times to come.

As long as I don't have to delve deep into eschatological matters.  I have read Revelations a few times and know what I think about it.  I understand the different theories about the timing of the rapture and the tribulation.  I don't subscribe whole-heartedly to any of them but think we should be aware of each as they all have different ramifications for believers.

Sadly, many Christians believe that the Lord comes first, but they sure aren't living like they truly believe it.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Let me pick your brains, please!   Let me pick your brains, please! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2020 5:39 pm

I'm talking about what we are going to go through. Christians are starting to be under attack and the economy is going to crash hard. You think the riots are bad now, just wait.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Let me pick your brains, please!   Let me pick your brains, please! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2020 9:06 am

I think you should do what’s on your heart to do. That being said, if you are going for “marketability,” you need to think about what market you are trying to tap into. For younger people, short devotional things are going to “sell” better than in-depth Bible studies. Are you looking to provide hope in the world or are you looking to capitalize on people’s fears and insecurities? So basically, who is your target audience and what is your goal? I think you need to have those clearly thought out before thinking about style.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Let me pick your brains, please!   Let me pick your brains, please! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2020 6:22 pm

I definitely want to give hope and not pray on fear.  I don't want to come off as an angry ranter like Greg Locke here in Tennessee who has received a large national audience for that very reason.

As far as age, I don't really have an age in mind.  I want to keep it short as I probably won't watch a super long video myself and wouldn't want to put other people through that.  Short and sweet would be the best way to keep people with shorter attention spans watching.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let me pick your brains, please!   Let me pick your brains, please! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let me pick your brains, please!
Page 1 of 1