Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hokus Pick

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Hokus Pick Empty
PostSubject: Hokus Pick   Hokus Pick I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:52 pm

I saw a video by these guys on Z-TV back in '92 and raced out to get their 1st release aptly titled "Pick it Up"

I was very impressed with the variety of fun sound on this album, the clear Christian message of hope, grace and conviction, and of course- HUMOR. These guys are just plain funny - they only take themselves serious when it comes to the message of Christ.

When their 2nd release came out, "Brothers from different mothers", I was all over it ! Was it possible that this release was 100 times better than the 1st !?!? YES, I was floored by the simplicity of the Gospel message, and more humor packed in great catchy songs.

I was pleased with the album Snappy, but lost touch with them after that album since their release "Bookaboom" was just awful... I dont know what happened to the fun loving boys of old, but it seemed they were due to retire around this stage in their career.

Here's to an Underdog band that most people haven't heard of. Not sure how you'll like 'em, if you like this kind of stuff, butI highly recommend the "Brothers" album for starters.

PS do not listen to the few songs on YouTube, the only ones people have uploaded are not very good examples of this band at all Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Hokus Pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hokus Pick   Hokus Pick I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 2:14 pm

I can't say that I have heard of them at all.

Guilty/Forgiven

Hokus Pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hokus Pick   Hokus Pick I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 2:54 pm

One of these days I want to figure out how people upload youtube videos that play a song and scroll the lyrics... there are so many unheard of bands that I'd like to get the word out on in this way... but don't know how.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Hokus Pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hokus Pick   Hokus Pick I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 7:51 am

there are simple video creation programs. I've made a couple..
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Hokus Pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hokus Pick   Hokus Pick I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 11:46 am

Quote :
there are simple video creation programs. I've made a couple..

tell me more....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hokus Pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hokus Pick   Hokus Pick I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hokus Pick
Page 1 of 1