Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+16
bassdude
Normaniac
Livna
Dynamis
kerrick
Jen5
MikeInFla
messiaen77
Through The Dark Radio
Fundy
Xid
Driven
Staybrite
alldatndensum
Black Rider
Guilty/Forgiven
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Random Ramblings - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2020 1:13 pm

Driven wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Driven already be usin' phrases like "The wife and I"  Laughing 
Love it!!

Just wait until he refers to her as "the ol' ball & chain"!  LOL
Or, the one I HATE to hear people say... "My old lady". Never liked that one!

Yeah, I don't think I like those either. Marriage doesn't have to be a burden.

Said by the man who hasn't even been married a month! lol!

Honestly, I have been married for 32+ years now and love my wife more than the day I married her.  I am truly blessed to have her as a partner....I hope you and Mrs Driven feel the same way about each other 32 years from now.  Very Happy

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2020 1:15 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Driven wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Driven already be usin' phrases like "The wife and I"  Laughing 
Love it!!

Just wait until he refers to her as "the ol' ball & chain"!  LOL
Or, the one I HATE to hear people say... "My old lady". Never liked that one!

Yeah, I don't think I like those either. Marriage doesn't have to be a burden.

Said by the man who hasn't even been married a month! lol!

Honestly, I have been married for 32+ years now and love my wife more than the day I married her.  I am truly blessed to have her as a partner....I hope you and Mrs Driven feel the same way about each other 32 years from now.  Very Happy

I only refer to my wifey as "old woman" when I want to aggravate her.  My dad would call to my mom as "hey, old woman" when he wanted her to do something for him.  My wife hated it.  I do it every once and a while to mess with her playfully. 

In public when she is not around, I either call her by her name Holly or as my wifey like I do here.  Why wifey?  Years ago, we went to Gatlinburg with some friends.  They had two young sons but both were school age.  They knew what wi-fi was, but I would see the signs on the hotels for "Free Wifi" and say they were giving away free wifeys.  The boys thought it was hilarious.  So, it is a fond memory when I refer to her as my wifey.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 10:12 am

I really like the new house, but it does have a Ratt problem:

Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 10:23 am

Funny and clever.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 2:58 pm

Funny!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2020 6:53 am

My son have had an accident with a bicycle.
He has a broken eye socket, abrasions on his face. He has another appointment with the dental surgeon back later this week.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2020 10:15 am

Ouch!!! Hopefully he doesn't have a concussion.
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1454
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2020 10:16 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
He has a broken eye socket, abrasions on his face. He has another appointment with the dental surgeon back later this week.
Sorry to hear that, sis.  Praying.   Amen
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2020 10:44 am

rockerVu2 wrote:

Wow!  Was is Roland or Marteen?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2020 2:50 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:

Oh no, that's not good at all.  
Didn't Aart have a bicycle accident a few years ago?

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2020 5:26 pm

Ouch!  I can't imagine breaking an eye socket.  Prayers!
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2020 8:04 pm

Sorry to hear Vonnie, praying for him.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2020 6:48 am

It was Roeland.
He's doing much better today.
His face isn't so swollen anymore and his eye has all colors of the rainbow.
Thank you for the prayers.

I was so concerned when I heard about his accident.

Maarten will be a daddy in September.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2020 10:43 am

I have decided that I might need a break from social media.  I know I have been a part of some very heated debates on this board and on CMR.  I've tried to steer clear of those for the past few years and have tried to do the same with Facebook.  However, I have discovered that disagreeing with anyone online, even if you do it politely and without name calling, will get you treated like you are another Hitler wanting to slaughter babies with a pitchfork.  This virus should have drawn people closer together, and it has divided folks even more.  If you are on the side of reopening, I have been called a murderer, a hater of elderly people, and have even been told that I should get the virus and die because of my hatred for everyone else that isn't me.  I can handle that.  

What saddens me the most is that this virus showed me that WE are the virus.  I knew it in my heart, but now I have seen the evil, the hatred, and the darkness that even a simple disagreement can ignite.  This virus will pass and something worse will come.  Or, something worse has been here since the Garden of Eden.  What makes me even sadder is that the rudeness and wickedness of people is that they think they are justified in their wicked ways and then blame Christianity for all of it.

Social media is just gasoline on the fire, and we all get a front row ticket to watch it burn.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2020 12:03 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I have decided that I might need a break from social media.  I know I have been a part of some very heated debates on this board and on CMR.  I've tried to steer clear of those for the past few years and have tried to do the same with Facebook.  However, I have discovered that disagreeing with anyone online, even if you do it politely and without name calling, will get you treated like you are another Hitler wanting to slaughter babies with a pitchfork.  This virus should have drawn people closer together, and it has divided folks even more.  If you are on the side of reopening, I have been called a murderer, a hater of elderly people, and have even been told that I should get the virus and die because of my hatred for everyone else that isn't me.  I can handle that.  

What saddens me the most is that this virus showed me that WE are the virus.  I knew it in my heart, but now I have seen the evil, the hatred, and the darkness that even a simple disagreement can ignite.  This virus will pass and something worse will come.  Or, something worse has been here since the Garden of Eden.  What makes me even sadder is that the rudeness and wickedness of people is that they think they are justified in their wicked ways and then blame Christianity for all of it.

Social media is just gasoline on the fire, and we all get a front row ticket to watch it burn.
I mostly stay away from controversial threads anywhere and I do not do social media. I am not ready to reopen things, especially places like gyms or fitness centers. But if YOU think it is OK then that is OK with me. It's no big deal. Mainly I do not want this virus to end up in my household because of my youngest daughter's condition. But with that also said, this "shutdown" hasn't had much of an impact on me. I haven't lost an hour of work. My wife isn't working yet but she is getting paid. So financially nothing has changed. I got my stimulus money and tucked it away in the savings account. 

But I do understand people's frustrations. Lack of work, lack of finances, food, etc. I might feel much different about it if I was out of work but for the time being I am OK with things being shutdown. Really the only two stores I ever went to anyway were Walmart or the grocery store or Lowe's and all of them are open.

But yes, this is a divided nation that needs prayer no matter what political party people follow. There are good and bad people on both sides. The thing with a computer is that people have a tendency to be keyboard warriors and say stuff on line that they would never say to you in person. 

I just wonder how this would have impacted the globe if it had happened in 1985. No social media to divide people. Sit at home and watch VHS tapes, order pizza, play ball outside or ride bikes. it would've been way different if it happened 35 years ago.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 4:24 am

So today my wife and daughters are a bit bummed out. A couple of weeks ago a cat showed up on our doorstep. Very friendly cat and she would follow us around the yard. We did not want to bring her in the house because we have two older cats that are indoor only. So we gave her access to the shed with a litter box, food and something to sleep on. They decided they wanted to keep her. My wife and I agreed we could keep her but she would have to stay outside. Also, where did she come from? So I decided to ask my neighbors. All of them had seen the cat and some had even pet it. Everyone said how friendly she was but no one claimed her (this was last weekend). So when I got back home from talking to the neighbors, the girls were excited to have a new cat they had been calling Oreo (she looked like an Oreo, black and white). During the day my family is home and they spend a lot of time in the backyard on the swing. When I get home from work all 3 of them are in the backyard reading or relaxing and the kitty was always there too, lounging in a chair right by them. 

First things first I said! She will have to go to the vet and get looked over. If she needs to be fixed we will do that, check for fleas, get a rabies shot, the whole works but she will have to stay outside. So I scheduled an appointment at the vet for yesterday. Right now the vet is only offering curbside service. You call them when you get there and they will walk out and get your pet. 

I waited outside for about 45 minutes. It was taking forever! My oldest daughter kept texting me asking if everything was OK and I told her I had no idea what was going on. Finally, the nurse came out and apologized for taking so long and said "the reason it is taking so long is because she is micro-chipped. She belongs to someone. We haven't done anything with her yet and we are trying to find out who put the chip in. If the county did it you can keep her but if someone else did then she will need to go home". I understood completely. About 15 minutes later she came back out and said they found the owner. The cat had been missing for over a year! The owner was on the way to pick it up. The nurse said the owner was very excited to get her back as they had been missing her since she disappeared.

So I texted my wife and oldest daughter and explained to them what was going on and then I drove back home. They were happy and sad at the same time. I pointed out the good things -- she had been missing for over a year and was going home. Imagine if one of our indoor cats disappeared and then we found it a year later. I mentioned the cardinals that live in our front flower bed. I said "we love our cardinals too and I was honestly worried about them with an outdoor cat". She had already left a couple of "presents" at the front door. We would've been upset if she left a cardinal at the door. 

So while it did not turn out how we wanted it to she is reunited with her family.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 7:25 am

I never reply on discussions or argues.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2020 4:21 pm

Today I am stripping some old border around the top of the bathroom wall at church.  It looks to be a mid-90s print.  It needs to go.

The bathroom when it was last painted was just done halfway.  Oh, all the walls were paints, but it was a rushed hack job.  I have decided I want it painted and am going to do it myself.

I have the border all ripped down and have started spackling cracks in the drywall.  I have a place under the lightswitch where they tried to patch a hole years ago.  They moved the switch back then.  They took off quite a bit of the old faceplate (it was wood), taped it up, mudded it, and painted it.  It was horrible!  The spot was rough and ugly because part of it stuck out a quarter of an inch or more!

I have taken off quite a bit of that mess and will attempt to sand down the protruding wood, retape, and put more spackle in.  Then, I will have to let that dry before I can paint.  This little 5' X 8' bathroom went from a should have been easy little job o a big one!!!

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2020 4:23 pm

Random Ramblings - Page 29 Img_2047
Random Ramblings - Page 29 Img_2048
Random Ramblings - Page 29 Img_2049

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2020 7:33 am

That keeps you busy.
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1454
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2020 10:51 am

I shaved today.  I look--and feel--less like Rip Van Winkle.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2020 7:02 pm

Here is a cute picture of my youngest grandson...just to make you smile (he just turned 6 months).  
That is all.

Random Ramblings - Page 29 Asher_11

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 5:01 am

Oh my, what a cutie. I always try to have a happy thought before turning in for the night. I think I'll take your wee boy as my happy thought tonight thanks. Good night y'all. Have a great day. zzzzzzz
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 11:40 am

Cute kid!
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 11:59 am

No wonder he is laughing... He is looking at your odd face!  Very Happy

Good lookin' young man!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 29 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next