Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mac Powell and the Family Reunion

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
silentthunder89
6 posters
AuthorMessage
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Mac Powell and the Family Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Mac Powell and the Family Reunion   Mac Powell and the Family Reunion I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2019 8:37 pm

With the end of the Third Day Era, Mac Powell finds himself in a new group exploring a little more of his country (*gasp* he said the "C" word!) roots. Normally I don't care for much country at all, but his stuff is a rare exception. If you liked the final Third Day album or any of his solo stuff, or just enjoy his voice you may like this:

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Mac Powell and the Family Reunion   Mac Powell and the Family Reunion I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2019 4:05 pm

I have to confess that I really didn't like the last two Third Day albums much at all.  I heard a few tracks from his solo album and didn't really like that much either.  He sounds great here in this new song (miss that voice) but just a little too "country" for me to be a real fan.  I hope he does well with it.

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Mac Powell and the Family Reunion   Mac Powell and the Family Reunion I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2019 4:46 pm

That's some tight songwriting.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Mac Powell and the Family Reunion   Mac Powell and the Family Reunion I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2019 10:11 am

While I did love Third Day's "Revival" because of the down home sound, it still wasn't a country record.  I don't like the direction Mac has gone with his new stuff.  Of course, it is still better than the train wreck of most modern country acts.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Mac Powell and the Family Reunion   Mac Powell and the Family Reunion I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2019 7:15 pm

It's ok, was hoping for a more Americana sound.
Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2017-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Mac Powell and the Family Reunion   Mac Powell and the Family Reunion I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2019 2:47 pm

Black Rider wrote:
It's ok, was hoping for a more Americana sound.

That's a term I don't understand. What defines "Americana"? Is it a musical style? A vocal style? A topical focus?
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Mac Powell and the Family Reunion   Mac Powell and the Family Reunion I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2019 9:40 pm

Yeah, it's kind of a catch all term. You mix blues, country and a little folk with rock and you get Americana so technically, I guess this qualifies. Usually it refers to an older style though. One of those things you know when you hear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mac Powell and the Family Reunion   Mac Powell and the Family Reunion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mac Powell and the Family Reunion
Page 1 of 1