Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Game of Thrones

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JLE3

JLE3

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2016-11-16

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2019 8:28 pm

Any Game of Thrones fans in here? I was messing with the theme song today. I was trying to learn it but then my imagination took over and it kind of went off the rails. Anyway, it would probably be cool with vocals.

Back to top Go down
http://www.evansandstokes.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2019 9:50 pm

I've never seen the show but what you've got going there sounds pretty cool!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 10:00 am

So much nudity and sex I don't watch it. Nice what you did musically though.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 11:19 am

Black Rider wrote:
So much nudity and sex I don't watch it. Nice what you did musically though.

I started watching it because me wife wanted to see it.  I had to quit because of the rampant sex and nudity, while she continued.  A third of the way through the second season she asked me to come back and watch it with her.  Fortunately she was able to edit the naught scenes so I didn't have to see or hear them (I would physically close my eyes and she would mute the show and let me know when it was safe to watch again).  Fortunately the show moved away from a lot of that in the later seasons.  Not that it still doesn't happen, but at least it isn't forced into nearly every episode like it was the first few seasons.

Music sounds fantastic as usual Jon.  It would seem a little odd to start with what is essentially the them song to GOT and then morph it into a different song with lyrics....the few purists out there might rankle at it a little. Wink   By the way is that a PRS you're playing in the video?  I thought you were more of an Ibanez guy?

JLE3

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 8:52 pm

Yeah they have toned down the sex and stuff in later seasons. It's HBO so sometimes they go overboard with that stuff.

Regarding the guitar...well about a month ago I took my Ibanez to Guitar Center and traded it for the PRS you see me with in the video. I loved that Ibanez but I'd had it for about 15 years and once I had it in my head how awesome the PRS was I just had to make the change. The PRS Custom 24 SE is a very versatile and well made guitar and it made my Ibanez obsolete. But for the really heavy riffs I'm using a Schecter C1 Platinum with EMG's, which is a beast in my opinion. For a $500 guitar that Schecter is put together really well. Better than a lot of others at that price range.

Ibanez make great guitars, but they also make some really crappy ones. For example they have a Steve Vai JEMJR Signature series guitar for $500 and it is a total piece of crap. Now the JEMVP version is $1,800 and I'm sure that's awesome but my point is that if you put the $500 Schecter I have up against that $500 JEM JR the Schecter absolutely blows it away. 

So I was an Ibanez guy, and I guess I still am but if I ever do purchase another one I'll need to shell out some bigger bucks to get a decent model.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2019 1:14 pm

Excellent man! My wife and I are fans of the show. I wish the opening had your shred, that would be perfect 
Rockin'
Back to top Go down
JLE3

JLE3

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2019 9:07 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Excellent man! My wife and I are fans of the show. I wish the opening had your shred, that would be perfect 
Rockin'

Thanks!! 

Man that final episode was disappointing. It's getting crushed by critics and fans.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2019 2:47 pm

JLE3 wrote:

Regarding the guitar...well about a month ago I took my Ibanez to Guitar Center and traded it for the PRS you see me with in the video. I loved that Ibanez but I'd had it for about 15 years and once I had it in my head how awesome the PRS was I just had to make the change. The PRS Custom 24 SE is a very versatile and well made guitar and it made my Ibanez obsolete. But for the really heavy riffs I'm using a Schecter C1 Platinum with EMG's, which is a beast in my opinion. For a $500 guitar that Schecter is put together really well. Better than a lot of others at that price range.

Ibanez make great guitars, but they also make some really crappy ones. For example they have a Steve Vai JEMJR Signature series guitar for $500 and it is a total piece of crap. Now the JEMVP version is $1,800 and I'm sure that's awesome but my point is that if you put the $500 Schecter I have up against that $500 JEM JR the Schecter absolutely blows it away. 

So I was an Ibanez guy, and I guess I still am but if I ever do purchase another one I'll need to shell out some bigger bucks to get a decent model.

Very cool!  I have a Schecter C1 model that I got (probably back in 2005/2007 ish).  I got it with an Crate 2x12 combo amp and some accessories (case, guitar stand, cables etc.).....back when I was playing with the church band and decided to switch from acoustic to electric.  Great sounding guitar, don't remember what I paid for it, but I think I got the whole bundle for around $800....not a horrible price for a quality sounding set-up.

Staybrite

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2019 2:51 pm

JLE3 wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Rockin'

Thanks!! 

Man that final episode was disappointing. It's getting crushed by critics and fans.

We don't have HBO so the wife hasn't gotten to see anything from this season yet, but she has some friends at work who are fans and the general consensus was that it was not a good season.  I think there is some online petition to have it remade (as if that would actually happen), supposedly it has close to one million signatures.

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones
Page 1 of 1