Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Question. Empty
PostSubject: Question.   Question. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 5:14 pm

Sorry if this question is not a question you like to answer because it has to do with politics.
I wonder what Super Tuesday is.
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question.   Question. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 5:32 pm

It is a day that a lot of states have their Presidential Primary elections. After super Tuesday, the Democrap (liberal) and Republicant (liberal) parties pretty well know who their nominees are. Either way, this year the U.S. is screwed. There is not one single conservative person running. By this time 4 years from now, Holland will be the SECOND most liberal country on earth, as compared to their ranking of number 1 right now.

Note to everyone:
Feel free to argue with me and I will gladly show you where you're wrong! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23468
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question.   Question. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 10:07 pm

I think that France is more liberal than Holland. Other than that, I pretty much agree.

Oh, you misspelled one word: DEMONCRAP

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question.   Question. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 9:00 am

I am interested to read more about this.
So Super Tuesday is meant to see who the nominees are for the election in November who will be the new President of the USA?
There are liberal parties and republican parties in the US each with their own candidates?

On The news there was everytime news that Obama has won in South carolina and that Hillary Clinton won in New Hampshire.
When the Presidental Primary elections are done in all the 50 states there are candidates who have won in more states.
The candidate who has won in the most states is avaialble for the President elections in November?
Or tell me more about this.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23468

Question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question.   Question. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 9:48 am

Both of the major political parties here (Democrat and Republican) hold either a primary election or a caucus in each state. (A Caucus is the same thing as a Primary--just another confusing term.) Each party has several people running for President of the USA. Each state has several delegates to their party's convention. In each state, early elections are held to determine who will be represented by those delegates at either the Demo or Repub conventions. The candidate in each party who wins the most delegates through the voting process will win their party's nomination to be the only candidate for President for that party.

The delegates that each candidate wins is required to vote for that candidate at the convention. But, if someone wins delegates, and then drops out of the race, that delegate is free to vote however they wish at the convention. So, even if Obama wins more delegates than Hillary Clinton, she could still win as delegates are freed up when other candidates bow out of the race. Those delegates are free to vote however they choose.

It works for the Republican party the same way. Now that Duncan Hunter and Fred Thompson have dropped out of the race, the few delegates that they had collected through the primaries are now free to vote for whomever they desire when the convention comes.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

Question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question.   Question. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 10:04 am

2 main parties - Democrat & Republican. Any other party can run as well but reality is you need tons of money to win so if you're not a Dem or Rep, you won't win a major election. You can also run as Independent or no party.

Anyway, the primaries we're having now are taking the candidates running for each parties nomination and having mini elections or caucases as their sometimes called to determine the winner in the end for each party. Then, in Nov these 2 candidates (plus whatever other parties had candidates) become the choices all of us get to vote for.

Because communication was not good or quick when we were founded, the system is designed in such a way that each state has it's own election. Whichever candidate gets the most votes in a state will win what they call the electoral votes for that state. In the old days, that meant a certain number of people that represented the population of the state would go to the nation's capital and cast their state votes. Nowadays, they don't have to travel of course.
These electoral voters are supposed to vote as the state has though in rare cases that hasn't happened.

This means that more populated states have more power in essence so they are key to winning the election because the overall popular vote (each person's vote around the country) doesn't determine the election, but each state's electoral votes are what matter. Again, this was because of time/travel constraints 200+ years ago. Normally the 2 votes (popular and electoral) will agree anyway, but it's happened 4 times now I think where it didn't, the last being the last election where Bush won electoral but not popular.

So certain states are key, notably Ohio, Michigan, Florida, Texas. Ones like NY and California would be also but they always vote a certain party so they are considered votes in the bag so to speak by the respective parties. It's the populated states that don't always vote a particular party that you want to spend time and money on.

rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question.   Question. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 4:03 pm

Thanks for explaining me this.
I understand a lot more of it now.
When I have more questions I'll ask.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question.   Question. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 9:15 am

This morning there was a T.V. magasin in the mail with more about the elections in the US.
The democratic candidates and the republican candidates.
That was very helpfull for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question.   Question. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question.
Page 1 of 1