Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Odd Question

Go down 
+4
Fundy
unworthy
Driven
Staybrite
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Odd Question Empty
PostSubject: Odd Question   Odd Question I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 4:11 pm

Let's say you have the unique ability to turn a one dollar bill into a hundred dollar bill (legally), but every time you do it it costs you one day from your life.
Would you do it?
If you would do it, how many times?

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Odd Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Question   Odd Question I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 6:00 pm

Just a question about your question… Does it change the way you die? Like, if you're originally destined to die in 70 years and a day when your house collapses, and you change one dollar, does that mean you die in 70 when you're run over by a truck? Or does the house collapse and take you with it anyway?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Odd Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Question   Odd Question I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 7:00 pm

Good question. Let's say it doesn't change the way you will die, you will just die one day earlier for each dollar you change.

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Odd Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Question   Odd Question I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 7:15 pm

$99 a day isn't that big of an exchange...

if I could turn it into $1,000 it might be a different proposition altogether lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Odd Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Question   Odd Question I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 11:00 pm

unworthy wrote:
$99 a day isn't that big of an exchange...

if I could turn it into $1,000 it might be a different proposition altogether lol

I was thinking about asking people how much money it would take to surrende a day, a month or a year of their life.

Odd Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Question   Odd Question I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 12:26 am

I would not trade one day for money. I have been blessed with lots of money but I can assure each of you that money does not bring happiness. It brings heartache at times. It does not fill the void in ones life. My walk with Christ is the only thing that has filled that void. Rich or poor (and I have been both) my life is too precious to give up over money.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Odd Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Question   Odd Question I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 2:45 am

I wouldn't trade a day for money either (being $100 or $1000). One thing I've learnt over the years is that money doesn't mean alot. With money you buy stuff you don't really need, and life is more precious than things.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Odd Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Question   Odd Question I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 8:59 am

I never will trade one day of my life for money.
I agree with what Fundy has written.
Back to top Go down
LRW

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2013-03-04

Odd Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Question   Odd Question I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 9:46 am

Agreed! Time will always be worth more than money, and one day I imagine both will cease to exist.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Odd Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Question   Odd Question I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:54 pm

I'll be the outlier, but it does have stipulations. If I knew HOW I was going to die, which isn't too likely, then perhaps I'd take you up on the offer. For example, if my last X days are spent in a coma or state of significant dementia, then I'd most certainly exchange those days for some cash to do things with my family. For me it's more about quality of life than quantity. If I'm in reasonable health at 95 and then suddenly go downhill for a few weeks until passing, then, no.

Staybrite

Staybrite

Odd Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Question   Odd Question I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 5:38 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
I'll be the outlier, but it does have stipulations. If I knew HOW I was going to die, which isn't too likely, then perhaps I'd take you up on the offer. For example, if my last X days are spent in a coma or state of significant dementia, then I'd most certainly exchange those days for some cash to do things with my family. For me it's more about quality of life than quantity. If I'm in reasonable health at 95 and then suddenly go downhill for a few weeks until passing, then, no.

My wife said something similar. If you knew your last days (months, or years) would be spent wasting away in some hospital bed, why not end it sooner and go to see our Lord without all that mess.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Odd Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Question   Odd Question I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 5:52 pm

It would be hilarious if your time was up tomorrow and today you decided to start this "dollar for a 100" thing.... the 1st dollar transforms and you drop dead on the spot
lol!
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Odd Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Question   Odd Question I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 6:17 pm

like I said on the other forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Odd Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Question   Odd Question I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 7:33 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
It would be hilarious if your time was up tomorrow and today you decided to start this "dollar for a 100" thing.... the 1st dollar transforms and you drop dead on the spot
lol!

The wife mentioned that too. Kind of funny....but not. Laughing

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Odd Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Question   Odd Question I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 2:01 am

Personally I'd find it quite annoying if I got $100 or $1000. For I'd have to go down to the bank and change it for pound sterling and I'd be charged for that. That means the bank would benefit from me shortening my life!

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Odd Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Question   Odd Question I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 3:59 pm

Maybe we could just hook you up with a Paypal program Fundy. Laughing

Odd Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Question   Odd Question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Odd Question
Page 1 of 1