Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What will be the first album of Christmas music for you?

Go down 
+10
Driven
Through The Dark Radio
MikeInFla
messiaen77
topshot rhit
Fundy
rockerVu2
Staybrite
Xid
alldatndensum
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

What will be the first album of Christmas music for you? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What will be the first album of Christmas music for you?   What will be the first album of Christmas music for you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2018 10:18 am

I'm not a fan of the vast majority of Christmas music....rarely listen to any on purpose.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23419
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What will be the first album of Christmas music for you?   What will be the first album of Christmas music for you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2018 1:33 pm

bassdude wrote:
I'm not a fan of the vast majority of Christmas music....rarely listen to any on purpose.

So it looks like there is at least three of us.  Very Happy

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What will be the first album of Christmas music for you?   What will be the first album of Christmas music for you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2018 9:28 pm

I am dealing with a bunch of Scrooges!!!!

If there are three, then can I refer to you as The Three Scrooges?  lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What will be the first album of Christmas music for you?   What will be the first album of Christmas music for you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 8:44 am

Gary and bassdude, we can start a Scrooges club here on CHM around Christmas.
I hope they won't ban us to a special "Scrooges Cave" around Christmas here.
I only can say: "come on you all who don't like to listen to Christmas music. join our "Scrooges Club".
santa santa santa
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What will be the first album of Christmas music for you?   What will be the first album of Christmas music for you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 11:52 am

I have to say that Luke Easter's version of "Last Christmas" is very well done.  Pretty spot on to the original.

What will be the first album of Christmas music for you? - Page 2 Tbd20c4_90271201f3effe592b31e70219c3d8dac886846d
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What will be the first album of Christmas music for you?   What will be the first album of Christmas music for you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 2:00 pm

I count as a Scrooge!!!1!
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

PostSubject: Re: What will be the first album of Christmas music for you?   What will be the first album of Christmas music for you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 9:16 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I am dealing with a bunch of Scrooges!!!!

If there are three, then can I refer to you as The Three Scrooges?  lol!

Call me whatever you want, just don't make me listen to Christmas music!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What will be the first album of Christmas music for you?   What will be the first album of Christmas music for you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 12:15 pm

Not even this fun little diddy???

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

PostSubject: Re: What will be the first album of Christmas music for you?   What will be the first album of Christmas music for you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 2:42 pm

That's ok...I'm mostly referring to traditional Christmas songs and the endless remakes/remixes in CCM.
That crap makes me just about lose my mind.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What will be the first album of Christmas music for you?   What will be the first album of Christmas music for you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 2:50 pm

I only listen to Christmas songs of artists that can make an old song sound like their own, or do it in a style I like, or that do their own stuff.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What will be the first album of Christmas music for you?   What will be the first album of Christmas music for you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 6:54 am

I think that every rocker should have the albums by Northern Light Orchestra (no S on Light or you will actually find an orchestra).  Check out this song from their 2017 album:

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23419
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What will be the first album of Christmas music for you?   What will be the first album of Christmas music for you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 7:07 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I think that every rocker should have the albums by Northern Light Orchestra (no S on Light or you will actually find an orchestra).  Check out this song from their 2017 album:

Oh wow, that is fantastic!  It looks like they have a mix of 80's musicians on this album (Mark Slaughter, Dough Aldrich...and one of my favorites singers Robin McCauley).

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: What will be the first album of Christmas music for you?   What will be the first album of Christmas music for you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 8:42 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Been playing a couple of December People albums today.
Disappointed I didn't know they had more albums! Must buy.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What will be the first album of Christmas music for you?   What will be the first album of Christmas music for you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 10:04 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Oh wow, that is fantastic!  It looks like they have a mix of 80's musicians on this album (Mark Slaughter, Dough Aldrich...and one of my favorites singers Robin McCauley).

All of their albums have been like this.  I don't know why people didn't seem to like these guys over at CMR.  They act like this band has the black plague every time I have tried to talk about a new album.  Is every song an epic track?  No.  But, they are solid listens.  IF they had recorded these same songs with lyrics other than Christmas, I think a lot classic metal lovers would have snatched these up years ago.

Personally, i am glad to have these.  I feel like they are on par with other Christmas metal albums like the Twisted Sister and Helix albums or the We Wish You A Metal Christmas and Monster Ballads Christmas.  I still need to check out Winter Songs by Rob Halford, too.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What will be the first album of Christmas music for you?   What will be the first album of Christmas music for you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2018 9:01 am

I'll listen to the Northern Light Orchestra later this week.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: What will be the first album of Christmas music for you?   What will be the first album of Christmas music for you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 12:15 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

The best part is you can download pretty much all their stuff for free.

kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What will be the first album of Christmas music for you?   What will be the first album of Christmas music for you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 7:30 pm

I haven't been listening to much Christmas music (just the ones that come on shuffle) though that should probably change some...  I've got a couple pretty good Christmas metal compilations, along with the Theocracy Christmas songs, Becoming The Archetype's version of O Holy Night, Flaskavsae's Christmas EP, and Sonata Arctica's silly Christmas song.  I've got a playlist of it all on my iTunes.  Smile
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What will be the first album of Christmas music for you?   What will be the first album of Christmas music for you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 10:44 am

topshot rhit wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

The best part is you can download pretty much all their stuff for free.

Except for their two EPs, that's everything they have done thus far.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What will be the first album of Christmas music for you?   What will be the first album of Christmas music for you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2018 10:00 am

Ulterium really needs to put all of Theocracy's Christmas songs out as a full release.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What will be the first album of Christmas music for you?   What will be the first album of Christmas music for you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2018 11:08 am

I concur!  Even though I already own all of 'em... I'd still buy it on CD haha.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What will be the first album of Christmas music for you?   What will be the first album of Christmas music for you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2018 3:18 pm

Be sure to head over to Bandcamp.com and look up the Fleas Naughty Dog compilations.  You will get rock and metal versions of popular Christmas carols and original tracks, too.  You will get blues, rock, metal, and even extreme metal artists who are rockin' the holidays.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What will be the first album of Christmas music for you?   What will be the first album of Christmas music for you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What will be the first album of Christmas music for you?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2