Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Need some new Christmas music?

Go down 
+2
ChosenOne
alldatndensum
6 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-31

Need some new Christmas music? Empty
PostSubject: Need some new Christmas music?   Need some new Christmas music? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 1:27 am

One of the guys on CMR was talking about the band Northern Lights Orchestra. They are a super group made up of several professional musicians who kinda stole the "Trans-Siberian Orchestra" idea and did a Christmas album. But, they did this VERY well. If you are a fan of 80's metal, then this is a Christmas album you will want to get. There are 17 songs, and most of them are original tunes. Also, there are no Santa songs here.

Who all is involved with this project? Phillip Bardowell (Madalen), Bob Carlisle, Lanny Cordola (Magdallen, Magdalen, Guiffria), Ken Mary (Alice Cooper, Madallen), Chuck Wright (Quiet Riot, Magdalen), Bruce Kulick (Kiss), David Ellefson (Megadeth), Doug Aldrich (Whitesnake, Dio, House Of Lords), Kip Winger (Winger), Jon Gibson, George Lynch (Dokken, Lynch Mob), and a few people whose names I did not recognize. It is an all-star cast from both the Christian & secular metal scenes coming together for an awesome Christmas project.

You can hear more here: http://www.myspace.com/northernlightorchestra

Or, if you are strapped for cash and cannot buy the CD (which retails for a mere $5 at Amazon or Christianbook.com), then you can download 9 of the 17 tracks on their website for FREE: http://carangel.com/northern-light-orchestra/

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Need some new Christmas music?   Need some new Christmas music? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 2:52 am

Ok, I may be computer illeritate here, but how do you download those tracks?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Need some new Christmas music?   Need some new Christmas music? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:12 am

Right click on the song and click "Save Link As"

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Need some new Christmas music?   Need some new Christmas music? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:37 am

Thanks alldat. Usually don't listen to Christmas music but wow this stuff is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Need some new Christmas music?   Need some new Christmas music? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:43 am

Like I said, the CD itself with 17 songs can be bought for only $5.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Need some new Christmas music?   Need some new Christmas music? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 7:44 am

Hey not bad at all (too bad it's Christmas music)

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Need some new Christmas music?   Need some new Christmas music? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 7:48 am

It is Christmas music, but it deals solely with the birth story of Christ. There are no "Jingle Bells" or "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" stuff on here. I could listen to this any time of the year, really.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571

PostSubject: Re: Need some new Christmas music?   Need some new Christmas music? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:01 am

Quote :
(too bad it's Christmas music

LOL Staybrite.

Will check out Northern Light Orchestra.
Back to top Go down
heath777

heath777

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Need some new Christmas music?   Need some new Christmas music? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:48 am

Never even heard of this until I saw it mentioned at the CMR. Got it today and it's really good and for $5 you cant beat that!
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Need some new Christmas music?   Need some new Christmas music? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:12 am

Thanks for the tip. I LOVE Christmas music. Smile

rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Need some new Christmas music?   Need some new Christmas music? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 1:57 am

Topshot, then it are good times for you now.
You can play Christmas music as much as you want in these days.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Need some new Christmas music?   Need some new Christmas music? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 7:48 am

Ok I actually listened to this (it looks like they have 14 songs to download for free now).

I think I actually like a few of the non-typical songs. I might actually be able to listen to close to half of it.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Need some new Christmas music?   Need some new Christmas music? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 12:47 am

This really is cool rockin' Christmas music
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Need some new Christmas music?   Need some new Christmas music? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 12:05 am

Discovered Rob Halford even did a Christmas CD. Need some new Christmas music? Icon_eek

rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Need some new Christmas music?   Need some new Christmas music? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 12:38 am

Who's Rob Halford?
How does his Christmas music sound?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Need some new Christmas music?   Need some new Christmas music? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 8:13 am

topshot rhit wrote:
Discovered Rob Halford even did a Christmas CD. Need some new Christmas music? Icon_eek

That surprised me a little bit too, but I did read somewhere that Rob considers himself a "Christian" (of some sort) and even has church.

Quote :
Who's Rob Halford?

Rob Halford is the lead singer for the secular metal band Judas Priest. And the last time I heard he is openly homosexual.

PostSubject: Re: Need some new Christmas music?   Need some new Christmas music? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 10:35 am

Northern Lights Orchestra... now that's some Christmas music even a grinch like me can sink his teeth into!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some new Christmas music?   Need some new Christmas music? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need some new Christmas music?
Page 1 of 1